Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48480
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Sundin interested in the Rangers

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 am

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

Are you kidding me? They have $700K left with 22 players signed. They can't afford another water boy.

Edit: article suggests the Rangers have $2M to spend, but NHLScap.com has a different opinion.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Sundin interested in the Rangers

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am

wprager wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

Are you kidding me? They have $700K left with 22 players signed. They can't afford another water boy.

Edit: article suggests the Rangers have $2M to spend, but NHLScap.com has a different opinion.

I don't know their roster well enough but could that 2M in space be as a result of assuming certain players will be in the minors and therefore off the books come October? I don't know I'm just asking.

- Unknown Author
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

wprager wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/NYRangers/2008/08/17/6483606-cp.html

There is an article over at The Fourth Period that insists he has chosen the Rangers, stating that they are looking to move Roszival to accommodate Sundin and his 7 million dollar salary.
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 211
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by Mosky on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:06 pm

On the radio this morning, they said J.P. Barry is denying that he has been in more talks with the Rangers than any other team, and he is still on the fence whether he wants to play again next year or not. That's just what i've heard though i dont know the truth... if that isn't the truth.. lol
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 pm

PKC wrote:

There is an article over at The Fourth Period that insists he has chosen the Rangers, stating that they are looking to move Roszival to accommodate Sundin and his 7 million dollar salary.

F^&*! If they were just going to turn around and ship him out, why didn't they let Roszival go on July 1? I'm sure Murray could have got him at a better price/term -- by all accounts, he was certainly interested in signing him. I'd love to pick him up if they're really trying to ship him out, but I can't see us taking him now with his current deal. 1 million less and 1 less yr on the deal, and I'd be bombarding Murray with emails myself!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54641
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    PKC wrote:

F^&*! If they were just going to turn around and ship him out, why didn't they let Roszival go on July 1? I'm sure Murray could have got him at a better price/term -- by all accounts, he was certainly interested in signing him. I'd love to pick him up if they're really trying to ship him out, but I can't see us taking him now with his current deal. 1 million less and 1 less yr on the deal, and I'd be bombarding Murray with emails myself!

Because the Ranger (more specifically Sather) is franking dumb.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 am