Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group?

Poll

[ 6 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 6 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    20% [20%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13626
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Would you like us to create a FaceBook group where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook group?

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Re: Should GM Central Hockey create it's own FaceBook group?

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Would you like us to create a FaceBook page where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook Page?

It would certainly get membership up, but at the same time it might also start to attract more trolls. Personally, I think you're going to generate the best quality discussion if you continue the pollicy of privately inviting people you spot on other commentary sites who strike you as sensible and serious.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:18 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Would you like us to create a FaceBook page where we can organise events, Rally's and so on? Is it worth creating a FaceBook Page?

It would certainly get membership up, but at the same time it might also start to attract more trolls. Personally, I think you're going to generate the best quality discussion if you continue the pollicy of privately inviting people you spot on other commentary sites who strike you as sensible and serious.

The troll issue is very concerning to me. I would definitely like to increase the membership with solid members as we have so far. If you all feel the same way then we'll need all the members help with Private messages in order to get the membership to a point where we can start our own site.

- Unknown Author
    beerandsens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 862
    Registration date : 2008-08-10

Post by beerandsens on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Yeah, the facebook idea would definitely attract a lot of people, but the mix wouldn't be as good as it is now. I prefer it this way, so I'll pm a few hockey conscience people to join up instead.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48693
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 pm

I voted "dumb". Although you can use FaceBook groups for special events (like write-in votes, petitions, etc.)
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:21 pm

I voted no, although I can't say "dumb", as I don't use facebook (I find it a waste of time - yes I know that others find it useful, I'm just not one of them/you). I would be worried about the troll factor, as already mentioned. Having said that, I'd support the majority rule, based on greater facebook experience.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:45 am

I respect your opinions and the 4 of us Admin will have to make a decision based on the Poll but, only if we get enough response to it. I'd really like at least 20 votes before we use the Poll results.

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Ok this is weird. The poll has dissappeared from the main page of the web site.

- Unknown Author
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

BAng on! I couldn't agree with your take more.
    The only thing about approaching people selectively and on an individual basis is it becomes very time consuming; however, quality is much more important than quantity when it comes to our site's members and membership IMHO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:57 pm