You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumor of Spezza moving closer to the trade block????

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/481712.html

I found this interesting on Spector. He doesn't believe its possible and I would have to agree. What I think would make more sence would be a Fisher, Kelly, and a 1st for Bow and Mathias or another young center. I guess time will tell what Murray will do. Anyone have any pyschic friends who could tell us the future of the Sens. Now that would be interested to see what someone has to say about their future.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=260:latest-on-sundin-and-kovalchuk&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

smash88

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Phoenix30 wrote:http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/481712.html

I found this interesting on Spector. He doesn't believe its possible and I would have to agree. What I think would make more sence would be a Fisher, Kelly, and a 1st for Bow and Mathias or another young center. I guess time will tell what Murray will do. Anyone have any pyschic friends who could tell us the future of the Sens. Now that would be interested to see what someone has to say about their future.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=260:latest-on-sundin-and-kovalchuk&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

I really can't see Murray moving Spezza... Dosen't make sense...

mattshock

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Matthias would look good here!!

Seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: I'm talking the Fisher/Kelly deal.

I haven't read the Spezza proposition yet.

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
smash88 wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/481712.html

I found this interesting on Spector. He doesn't believe its possible and I would have to agree. What I think would make more sence would be a Fisher, Kelly, and a 1st for Bow and Mathias or another young center. I guess time will tell what Murray will do. Anyone have any pyschic friends who could tell us the future of the Sens. Now that would be interested to see what someone has to say about their future.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=260:latest-on-sundin-and-kovalchuk&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

I really can't see Murray moving Spezza... Dosen't make sense...

I agree but if it meant getting Bow and Sundin who knows, but it wouldn't address the second line scoring. Thats why I think it would be more reasonable to send fisher and Kelly, both who can be replaced by Bass and another call up.

mattshock

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I wouldn't do it for Bow and Sundin.

No way. Sundin has MAYBE 2 years left in the tank, Spezza has 5+, for comparable point output.

No way I make that deal.

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
mattshock wrote:Matthias would look good here!!

Seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: I'm talking the Fisher/Kelly deal.

I haven't read the Spezza proposition yet.

HMMM,

Fisher, Kelly, Schubert, and a 1st for Bow, Mathias and a mid range pick. Then sign Sundin

Now that sounds awesome.

Heater - Spezza - Vermette
Folingo - Sundin - Alfie
Ruutu - Mathias - Neil
Donovan - Bass - McAmmond
Winchester

Sorry I had to check it out

Cronie

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
what?! Spezza rumors...AGAIN!!!?!

Who's the source on this one?

mattshock

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe if we demote Gerbs and bring up Elliott.

3,236,004 capspace
Fisher + Kelly + Schubert = 7.183333M freed up
Bouw = $4.875

Leaving $5.544M to sign Sundin.

I don't think Mathias is ready for NHL action just yet, so I think it would look more like:

Heatley - Spezza - Vermette
Foligno - Sundin - Alfredsson
Ruutu - Bass - Neil
Winchester - Donovan - McAmmond

Phillips - Bouwmeester
Kuba - Pickard
Volchenkov - Smith

Auld
Elliott/Gerber

We'd have to move Gerber's salary if Sundin wants more than $5.5M. Looks great on paper though.

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
mattshock wrote:Maybe if we demote Gerbs and bring up Elliott.

3,236,004 capspace
Fisher + Kelly + Schubert = 7.183333M freed up
Bouw = $4.875

Leaving $5.544M to sign Sundin.

I don't think Mathias is ready for NHL action just yet, so I think it would look more like:

Heatley - Spezza - Vermette
Foligno - Sundin - Alfredsson
Ruutu - Bass - Neil
Winchester - Donovan - McAmmond

Phillips - Bouwmeester
Kuba - Pickard
Volchenkov - Smith

Auld
Elliott/Gerber

We'd have to move Gerber's salary if Sundin wants more than $5.5M. Looks great on paper though.

Man that looks good. Too dream.

mattshock

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
It's contingent on many things happening that I'm pretty sure one/more wouldn't happen.

1) Florida has to agree to play ball. They have to be happy with Fisher, Kelly, and a 1st for thier top D-man and a top prospect. Eek! Mathias is realistically not within the reasonable realms of this deal. Try a lesser prospect or a 2nd coming back and maybe we're in business.
2) Fisher waives to go to Florida. Good. Luck.
3) If 1 and 2 magically happen, we have to sign Sundin for less money than he could get somewhere else to a struggling team that is currently not in the playoffs. Hmmm.

If we do make the trade and Sundin doesn't come, we are VERY thin down the middle. We would almost certainly have to call up a forward from the farm to fill a top-6 role. That could be interesting.

So yeah, some dreaming involved, but you never know.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
1. Diddle the goddamn Spezza rumours. Damn.

2. Fisher has a NMC, not a no-trade, a no-MOVEMENT clause. You think he wants to leave and will waive it? No.

smash88

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
504Heater wrote:1. Diddle the goddamn Spezza rumours. Damn.

2. Fisher has a NMC, not a no-trade, a no-MOVEMENT clause. You think he wants to leave and will waive it? No.

Especially not to Florida! LOL and especially not after they lose JBo....

Phoenix30

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
504Heater wrote:1. Diddle the goddamn Spezza rumours. Damn.

2. Fisher has a NMC, not a no-trade, a no-MOVEMENT clause. You think he wants to leave and will waive it? No.

I think he would waive his NMC in the right situation. He saw the back lash that Redden took so you would think he may not want to go down that road. Especially when he isnt scoring at the moment. He might consider a fresh start as a good thing.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
smash88 wrote:
Especially not to Florida! LOL and especially not after they lose JBo....

Exactly. Plus...do we gas Fisher because he hasn't scored in 9 games? Really? To me it sounded like he had a great game against TB. He desperately needs to score, but we all know he's going to.

I suggest we wait and if something comes up that we need to move salary, there's Gerber and if the deal is big enough perhaps Vermette - and if the deal gets super-sized then there's Kelly, Kuba.

Certainly moving Fisher is a bad move. We've gotta be patient!

mattshock

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Yup, my suggestions were whacky speculation at it's worst.

Fisher and Spezza are going NOWHERE, but that won't stop the rumours from constantly creeping up.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum