Faith in Humankind restored

smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1354
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Re: Faith in Humankind restored

Post by smash88 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:38 pm

mattshock wrote:Isn't there a way you can bet on all the games happening that night, and if you pick the winners all correctly you win? I think my buddy used to do something like that. I figure I could be right more or less half the time if it were just 3 matchups or so.

Yeah it's really easy to win in Pro-line, but very hard to make good money as in, If you only bet on 3 games, your chances of winning are high, but on a $5 bet your return will be like $15... Better than nothing, but really not worth if you lose a few close ones...

mattshock
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1772
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by mattshock on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

It's worth it in that it makes the games more interesting. Poker would be an aweful game without real money at stake. Hockey is already fun to watch, but having a vested financial interest (no matter how significant), can still be fun. I've seen some pretty intense $2 poker matches.

Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cronie on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Any of you guys remember the fiasco of european footbal (soccer) and pro-line or some derivative.

Basically, it lasted about a week at the most, but because of the time difference, people were able to score tickets for matches well after the scores were available online... I knew a few people who made some serious coin before the jig was up! LOL Good times...
    smash88
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1354
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-26

Post by smash88 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:Any of you guys remember the fiasco of european footbal (soccer) and pro-line or some derivative.

Basically, it lasted about a week at the most, but because of the time difference, people were able to score tickets for matches well after the scores were available online... I knew a few people who made some serious coin before the jig was up! LOL Good times...

Yeah now they have it again, but they close real early now.. Like a few days before the actual match...

They tried doing that with American Football last year, all the picks had to be in by thursday.. They scrapped it pretty quickly, because people stopped playing it... How can you bet on a game if you don't know who's starting or injuries... They need to make that betting goes right up until game time...
    mattshock
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1772
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by mattshock on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 pm

It has to be up until the game starts. I see no issues with it being up until the puck drops. If you can interpret one way or another from the warmup, good for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:08 am