GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » Pat Burns on Jason Spezza

Pat Burns on Jason Spezza

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:16 am

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:TSN had an interview with Spezza today about Hartsburg calling him out. He didn't giggle once during the interview.

Progress?

I hope so.

Wink

Haha, if we are basing Spezza's progress on not giggling in an interview haha, we r in trouble.

17Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:18 am

TheAvatar


Veteran
Veteran
I would agree with you that he has played a lot better defensively this year. I think the line is having a hard time producing with Vermette on the wing but that things will get better. I just thought that Burns' insight was interesting. I would also love to have been a fly on the wall when Spezz got a talking to by Yzerman.

18Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 am

Riprock


All-Star
All-Star
Again, everyone involved with the Senators, of course, and as well as Team Canada, want Spezza to improve. They like him obviously enough to want to help him.

19Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Neely4Life wrote:Haha, if we are basing Spezza's progress on not giggling in an interview haha, we r in trouble.
HA HA!

As long as he keeps putting up points each season... I'm fine.

20Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

Guest


Guest
shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Haha, if we are basing Spezza's progress on not giggling in an interview haha, we r in trouble.
HA HA!

As long as he keeps putting up points each season... I'm fine.

Daaah man, there is so much more than points to winning hockey. Frustrates me people do get that or choose to ignore it. He isnt even putting up the numbers this year, he has 9 points, and 4 of those were in 1 game.

21Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 am

Guest


Guest
TheAvatar wrote:I would agree with you that he has played a lot better defensively this year. I think the line is having a hard time producing with Vermette on the wing but that things will get better. I just thought that Burns' insight was interesting. I would also love to have been a fly on the wall when Spezz got a talking to by Yzerman.

How many people have to talk to the guy before he gets it? Does God have to come down from the skies to slap him in the face and say "I gave you this much tallent and you are pissing it away like a moron".

Where does it end with the guy honestly. I said from game 1 he has 82 games to show what he has and what he can do for this team if they want him to be the future. Well, its less than 70 now and so far he has improved his overall game, but at still hasnt shown the ability to make others better or play away from Heatley and Alfi.

22Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DashRiprock wrote:Don't look at it as a negative, why are guys like Hartsburg and Burns focusing on Spezza do you think? Because they care about him. If they didn't, they'd have no reason to say anything at all (other than Craig). But Burns obviously wants the most and best out of Spezza, and his approach is to be critical in hopes of angering Spezza into becoming a better player.

Exactly.

23Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:29 am

Guest


Guest
504Heater wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Don't look at it as a negative, why are guys like Hartsburg and Burns focusing on Spezza do you think? Because they care about him. If they didn't, they'd have no reason to say anything at all (other than Craig). But Burns obviously wants the most and best out of Spezza, and his approach is to be critical in hopes of angering Spezza into becoming a better player.

Exactly.

Well you would have to be pretty blind not to see the tallent, but there are a lot of guys that had tallent and did nothing and were basically career losers.

Adam Oates, Pierre Turgeron, Pat Lafontain, Eric Lindros, right now thats where Spezza falls.

24Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:31 am

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect
Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Haha, if we are basing Spezza's progress on not giggling in an interview haha, we r in trouble.
HA HA!

As long as he keeps putting up points each season... I'm fine.

Daaah man, there is so much more than points to winning hockey. Frustrates me people do get that or choose to ignore it. He isnt even putting up the numbers this year, he has 9 points, and 4 of those were in 1 game.

Actually Spezza is a Plus 1 in the last 5 games ... but only has 1 assist. So the points are not there with the new line.

25Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neely4Life wrote:

Well you would have to be pretty blind not to see the tallent, but there are a lot of guys that had tallent and did nothing and were basically career losers.

Adam Oates, Pierre Turgeron, Pat Lafontain, Eric Lindros, right now thats where Spezza falls.

That's where the Sens organization falls IMO. Spezza's been dynamite from day one for us. A few stupid plays, but no more or less than any other young superstar out there.

26Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:TSN had an interview with Spezza today about Hartsburg calling him out. He didn't giggle once during the interview.

Progress?

I hope so.

Wink

That's the most shocking thing I've heard all day!! affraid

27Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:45 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Haha, if we are basing Spezza's progress on not giggling in an interview haha, we r in trouble.
HA HA!

As long as he keeps putting up points each season... I'm fine.

Daaah man, there is so much more than points to winning hockey. Frustrates me people do get that or choose to ignore it. He isnt even putting up the numbers this year, he has 9 points, and 4 of those were in 1 game.

He has 13 points Wink

He's playing with Heatley, and first unit powerplay.

We're playing now to win games 2-1 or 3-2. His points will come, I'm confident.

Hopefully he has a monster game tonight.

28Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If you were Jason Spezza, how franking sick would you be of other people and media sticking their nose in how you're doing. Frank off! I'm working on it, I've got 13 points in 14 games - and guess what...I'm in a bit of a slump. How about you all frank off and I'll work as hard as I work (which is apparently very hard) and leave my on ice performance for me to critique with my coach. Not an ex-coach or coaches, not the media.

And to say Spezza is lucky to be on a line with Heatley: how's this:
Heatley's lucky to be on a line with one of the best passers in the game.

:x Rant done - for now...

29Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:52 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
A decent rant Heater, but he plays for Ottawa. Every guy in the room is going to be under the scrutiny of the media once in a while. Fisher had it last week, Spezza is this week's flavour.

Soon it will be Vermette's turn, and then full circle back to Gerber.

30Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
mattshock wrote:A decent rant Heater, but he plays for Ottawa. Every guy in the room is going to be under the scrutiny of the media once in a while. Fisher had it last week, Spezza is this week's flavour.

Soon it will be Vermette's turn, and then full circle back to Gerber.

It's Vermette's turn now. Have a good game tonight (1 goal, 2 assists) or get used to the 3rd line. It ain't working. Unless of course we move Winchester up to be with Spezza and Heatley and move Vermette with Alfie and Fisher.

As a matter of fact, why is it that that isn't the case? Vermette is smooth and silky, we need someone who can go into the corners and retrieve the puck for Heater and Spez. That guy is much more Winchester than it is Vermette.

By contrast, the Fisher line is all about the boardwork, they could use some high end skill to finish off plays - because it's Fisher and Alfie retrieving the puck.

Watch for it...it's coming. Wink

31Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
The joys of being in the media hotbed known as Canada. Could be worse, he could be playing for the Leafs, with Montreal a close 2nd.

32Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:09 am

Guest


Guest
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Well you would have to be pretty blind not to see the tallent, but there are a lot of guys that had tallent and did nothing and were basically career losers.

Adam Oates, Pierre Turgeron, Pat Lafontain, Eric Lindros, right now thats where Spezza falls.

That's where the Sens organization falls IMO. Spezza's been dynamite from day one for us. A few stupid plays, but no more or less than any other young superstar out there.

Ok, how hard is it to truely see that Heatley makes Spezza better, same with Alfi, not the other way around.

If this team fails to make the playoffs, you can garentee you will see someone like Brian Little and a 1st here for Spezza, garenteed.

Spezza has to make others better and if the people that always defend Spezza fail to see that, there is no point in talking about it. The only defense people have of Spezza is "he puts up points"

33Pat Burns on Jason Spezza - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Burns on Jason Spezza on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:10 am

Guest


Guest
504Heater wrote:
mattshock wrote:A decent rant Heater, but he plays for Ottawa. Every guy in the room is going to be under the scrutiny of the media once in a while. Fisher had it last week, Spezza is this week's flavour.

Soon it will be Vermette's turn, and then full circle back to Gerber.

It's Vermette's turn now. Have a good game tonight (1 goal, 2 assists) or get used to the 3rd line. It ain't working. Unless of course we move Winchester up to be with Spezza and Heatley and move Vermette with Alfie and Fisher.

As a matter of fact, why is it that that isn't the case? Vermette is smooth and silky, we need someone who can go into the corners and retrieve the puck for Heater and Spez. That guy is much more Winchester than it is Vermette.

By contrast, the Fisher line is all about the boardwork, they could use some high end skill to finish off plays - because it's Fisher and Alfie retrieving the puck.

Watch for it...it's coming. Wink

For 7 million dollars a year, he should be answering those questions with a smile everyday. Thats why he is paid that kind of cash.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum