Spezza trade

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Spezza trade

Post by Riprock on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Just some more information, from the guys that bring you the OHL... Spezza is a fantastic player, no question, but one of few superstar players on the team that they can trade. Vermette isn't a superstar and the other guys have NTC's. They likely see a team with cap space taking him (LA) or the deal will be a salary swap.

They also think that there are two dominoes to fall first: Sundin then Gaborik.

PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Do you guys think we'd be able to get Patrick O'Sullivan out of LA for Vermette and a 1st?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55158
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:21 pm

jamvan wrote:
    I think it will be Vermette, Schubert and a 1st rounder

for Bouwmeester and Weiss

THis is just something I heard in discussion late last night. Although, Martin is still talking to JayBo to sign with them long term

Really? That would be the steal of the century for us. I can see that package getting Bow, but that much?
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PKC on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:34 pm

504Heater wrote:
    jamvan wrote:

THis is just something I heard in discussion late last night. Although, Martin is still talking to JayBo to sign with them long term

Really? That would be the steal of the century for us. I can see that package getting Bow, but that much?

I don't think we have the cap for that trade though.

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 pm

PKC wrote:
    504Heater wrote:
    jamvan wrote:

I don't think we have the cap for that trade though.

I believe we have $4 million and change with Lee's demotion. We'd need around $4.5 to do this deal. Waive someone....for these two guys and only giving up Vermette and Schubert, I'd have no problem waiving a player or doing a salary dump.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 am

hemlock34 wrote:
    I believe we have $4 million and change with Lee's demotion. We'd need around $4.5 to do this deal. Waive someone....for these two guys and only giving up Vermette and Schubert, I'd have no problem waiving a player or doing a salary dump.

I guarantee we'd never get those two guys for just that package. But...how does this affect that cap?

To Ottawa
    Bow (4.9 - rounding up)
    Weiss (3.1)

So we take on 8 million.

To Florida:
    Vermette (2.8
    Schubert (0.9)

3.7 going out. 4.3 million differential, we have 4.4 million in available $$. So yeah, we'd have to clear a million out. We could waive Richardson, but I doubt that's the 'correct' thing to do. We could probably send Foligno down, but he needs time up here.

Either way, if this deal was presented to me, I'd make sure I did it and then I really would demote someone (basically whatver if took).

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am

504Heater wrote:
    hemlock34 wrote:

I guarantee we'd never get those two guys for just that package. But...how does this affect that cap?

To Ottawa
    Bow (4.9 - rounding up)
    Weiss (3.1)

So we take on 8 million.

To Florida:
    Vermette (2.8
    Schubert (0.9)

3.7 going out. 4.3 million differential, we have 4.4 million in available $$. So yeah, we'd have to clear a million out. We could waive Richardson, but I doubt that's the 'correct' thing to do. We could probably send Foligno down, but he needs time up here.

Either way, if this deal was presented to me, I'd make sure I did it and then I really would demote someone (basically whatver if took).

Yep. But the reality is that this deal would never ever get done as it is. Unless Martin has a stroke.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:31 am

hemlock34 wrote:
    Yep. But the reality is that this deal would never ever get done as it is. Unless Martin has a stroke.

:D Totally agree. We'd have to take Weiss out to make this deal work. Unless...that's the 3 million that ownership told Martin to shed. Mind you, they also told him to re-sign Bow, so...yeah...
    mattshock
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1772
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by mattshock on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 am

This page has become unreadable.

Is anyone else seeing it?
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by PKC on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am

504Heater wrote:
    hemlock34 wrote:

:D Totally agree. We'd have to take Weiss out to make this deal work. Unless...that's the 3 million that ownership told Martin to shed. Mind you, they also told him to re-sign Bow, so...yeah...

That deal never happens. If that deal happened, I'd laugh hysterically for about two and a half hours, drink a beer, and have a nap. Then when I wake up, I'd double check the trade to make sure it actually happened, and then wait any second for a firing in Florida to happen.

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 am

PKC wrote:
    504Heater wrote:
    hemlock34 wrote:

That deal never happens. If that deal happened, I'd laugh hysterically for about two and a half hours, drink a beer, and have a nap. Then when I wake up, I'd double check the trade to make sure it actually happened, and then wait any second for a firing in Florida to happen.

:lol!:

Or a fan revolt.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by PKC on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 am

Would anyone do Vermette for Barker right now?
    And maybe trade Neil to the Rangers for Prucha?
    COLLAR UP
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by COLLAR UP on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

PKC wrote:Would anyone do Vermette for Barker right now?

Yes to Verm...I love Barker...and look at the #s he's put up so far...

anyway we could get Havlat back...I'd love that...I still miss that Diddle...

no to Neil...I like Prucha...but Neil is one of the few who brings energy to this team...
    mattshock
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by mattshock on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

Hmmmmm. I'd think long and hard on it. Neil for Prucha, I say pass.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Really? Prucha is in phenomenal shape and could be a top 6 for Ottawa. I don't think he ever got that chance in NY. Vermette for Barker easily helps us on D, and bring Prucha replaces Vermette, then Bass replaces Neil. But with Neil injured, makes it hard to trade him.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by PKC on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

mattshock wrote:

Hmmmmm. I'd think long and hard on it. Neil for Prucha, I say pass.

Neil's energy could easily be replaced by Bass, Ruutu, Fisher, Alfie, Schubert, McAmmond, Donovan and Volchenkov.
    mattshock
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by mattshock on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:05 pm

What Neil brings is very different from what any of those guys (Ruutu and Bass could be the exceptions) bring.

The agitator role is important. Look at Neil in the '06/07 Penguins series. He drove them NUTS and was huge for us. Add in that he's a heavy hitter at a low cap hit and there's a reason he's with the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm