You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Mike Fisher, PP QB?

Mike Fisher, PP QB?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
From today's Ottawa Sun:

"Hartsburg is going to keep using Fisher on the point on the power play. "He played it in junior. He's quick, he makes really good plays and he can shoot. He just gives us some things back there, that maybe we're lacking right now," said Hartsburg."

Who would have thought? Oh ya -- me! 8)

Wonder how long this sticks, or if it's just a holdover until we actually land a PMD.

2Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:19 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore
Let's just hope that with all this extra play that he doesn't get hurt. He is accident prone.

3Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
He isn't accident prone. He's just the hardest working player on the ice every single game.

4Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Oh, God, no. I hate seeing a forward back there. Although Shannon looked very comfortable back there. Alfie and Fisher only seem to skate forward.

5Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Fisher's got a real canon of a shoot though, so it makes sense. So long as he takes good shots we should be good. But yes, a PMD would be much more practical.

6Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DashRiprock wrote:Fisher's got a real canon of a shoot though, so it makes sense. So long as he takes good shots we should be good. But yes, a PMD would be much more practical.

I know he's got a wicked wrist shot, but is he among the team leaders with the slapper?

I really, really, *REALLY* don't want to ever see Alfredsson back there.

7Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He won the hardest shot contest last year with 105.

8Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:21 pm

Guest


Guest
At the end of a long shift on the PP (which followed a 20-30 second shift before the penalty was called) the Isles wound up with a partial odd-man rush that was broken up by Fisher and Kuba.
Fisher had to go racing back to catch the trailing Islander player and was solid on the backcheck.
With the slow asses with him on that powerplay, that type of thing is definitely important.
Combined with his booming shot and toughness along the boards, this definitely has the potential to work out.

One thing I'm curious about is whether Hartsburg will give Bell a shot on the 1st unit. It doesn't seem likely, but I would like to see how he handles it now. He wasn't great in the pre-season, but he wasn't bad either.

9Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
But...Fisher can't hit the broad side of a barn. All that shot power gone to waste...

I would be utterly pertrified to provide a screen in front of a Mike Fisher shot. You're just as likely to take the shot in the back of the head as you would be to redirect it.

Watching games around the NHL tonight, quick puck movement, followed by a shot that makes it through traffic (herein lies some of the problem) is gonna work for you if you use it properly. Problem for us is: either the guy from the point misses or it hits shin pads. Why? Because teams don't respect our D on PPs. Watch, teams will never really challenge the points, they're focussing on Spezza, Heatley and Alfie.

Boy..if only Fisher had a more accurate shot...

EDIT: This is why Picard gets used there so much I guess. He's got a pinpoint accuracy it appears. Kuba has a pretty deft pass from back there as well, but really only Picard with a precise, heavy shot. We must fix that.

10Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
504Heater wrote:But...Fisher can't hit the broad side of a barn. All that shot power gone to waste...

I would be utterly pertrified to provide a screen in front of a Mike Fisher shot. You're just as likely to take the shot in the back of the head as you would be to redirect it.

Watching games around the NHL tonight, quick puck movement, followed by a shot that makes it through traffic (herein lies some of the problem) is gonna work for you if you use it properly. Problem for us is: either the guy from the point misses or it hits shin pads. Why? Because teams don't respect our D on PPs. Watch, teams will never really challenge the points, they're focussing on Spezza, Heatley and Alfie.

Boy..if only Fisher had a more accurate shot...

EDIT: This is why Picard gets used there so much I guess. He's got a pinpoint accuracy it appears. Kuba has a pretty deft pass from back there as well, but really only Picard with a precise, heavy shot. We must fix that.

That's why I lvoed that "Shooter-tutor" comment from a few weeks back.

11Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fisher just needs to learn to play with a firmer stick. It sure helped him in the hardest shot contest :D He was able to hit the net that day wasn't he Heater Wink


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

12Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
I don't think I remember the last time I saw Fisher take a slapper. He usually goes for the wrister or the snapshot.

13Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
mattshock wrote:I don't think I remember the last time I saw Fisher take a slapper. He usually goes for the wrister or the snapshot.

What's the difference? His snapshot is 95 mph.

14Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:38 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
It wasn't a complaint, just an observation :D

15Mike Fisher, PP QB? Empty Re: Mike Fisher, PP QB? on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
mattshock wrote:It wasn't a complaint, just an observation :D

No, I know. I'm just saying, literally, what's the difference if his snapshot is 95 mph? I can't possibly imagine his slapper being anything much more than that.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum