You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame

Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Will Alfie be Inducted?

Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame - Page 2 Vote_lcap269%Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 69% [ 20 ]
Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame - Page 2 Vote_lcap231%Do You Think Alfie WILL (Not "Should") be Inducted into The Hockey Hall of Fame - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I voted yes on the basis of the reasons that he "should" get in which are not up for discussion here. My starting point is the Calder Trophy then you can add other justifications beyond that.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Absolutely Spez but do you think that factors in when your up for nomination as a player and not as an executive? Do you think he does enough in Management to be inducted in a different category? That would be a bit of a stretch IMO.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Absolutely Spez but do you think that factors in when your up for nomination as a player and not as an executive? Do you think he does enough in Management to be inducted in a different category? That would be a bit of a stretch IMO.

Oh, is that how it works? If he won Cups as GM let's say, he'd go in as a builder and the player part is pushed aside? I guess that makes sense.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
I don't think he will. I believe the Sens are viewed as an underachieving franchise league-wide, for which he is the face.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
dennycrane wrote:I don't think he will. I believe the Sens are viewed as an underachieving franchise league-wide, for which he is the face.

You could be right on that. He did become the first European Captain to lead his team to the Cup Finals. He's also a top Swedish player and is mentioned amongst players like Forseberg and Sundin so that could factor in.

- Unknown Author

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
It may come down to voters finally recognizing that it is the HOCKEY Hall of Fame as opposed to the NHL Hall of Fame. I think the HOF is slowly starting to evolve into what it should be - more than just the NHL.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he should be inducted (my Sens bias coming through), but I don't think he will be due to the lack of success of the Senators club in general (and I mean no Stanley Cup). We're not winning a Cup anytime soon, and so that window has gone for Alfie and the Sens.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
He still is the first European captain to take his team to the finals, isn't he?

And he's also the longest reigning NHL captain, isn't he?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:He still is the first European captain to take his team to the finals, isn't he?

And he's also the longest reigning NHL captain, isn't he?

Unless you talk to Liam MacGuire who seems to think some other Euro captained his team to the Finals but, officially yes he still is. Pretty sure they can't take it away from him at this point. Wink

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
If Sundin gets in, then surely Alfie should, right? Or Lindros? Neither of whom won a cup.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:If Sundin gets in, then surely Alfie should, right? Or Lindros? Neither of whom won a cup.

I agree. Not winning a Cup doesn't keep you out it just may take him longer.

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:If Sundin gets in, then surely Alfie should, right? Or Lindros? Neither of whom won a cup.

Those 2 guys are pretty awful comparisons for Alfie to be honest.

Sundin put up more points then Alfie will even get a chance at sniffing, and is a ton more decorated individually.

Lindros is a guy who put up amazing numbers and individual awrd but had his career cut short (Cam Neely/Pavel Bure-esque)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
stempniaksen wrote:Sundin put up more points then Alfie will even get a chance at sniffing, and is a ton more decorated individually.
Sad but true...

NHL-only stats for those guys:
Sundin: 1346 game, 564 goals, 785 assists, 1349 points - 1.0022 ppg
Alfredsson: 1034 games, 384 goals, 627 assists, 1011 points - 0.9777 ppg

Does Alfie have 300+ more games in him?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Sundin put up more points then Alfie will even get a chance at sniffing, and is a ton more decorated individually.
Sad but true...

NHL-only stats for those guys:
Sundin: 1346 game, 564 goals, 785 assists, 1349 points - 1.0022 ppg
Alfredsson: 1034 games, 384 goals, 627 assists, 1011 points - 0.9777 ppg

Does Alfie have 300+ more games in him?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. And even if he does can he keep a PPG pace over those 300 games? Definitely not.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
Unfortunately, if we don't win a Cup before he's retired he probably won't be inducted, but if we win one when he's still part of the organization (even if it's President or something else) that he will be inducted. It's really hard to say, he's already done a lot in his career, but I think winning a Cup is necessary in order to be inducted. I could be totally wrong though...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
He also won a Gold medal with Sweden, so that could help get him in, maybe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Don't worry, he'll be our Teemu Selanne.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Don't worry, he'll be our Teemu Selanne.

and that means what, exactly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum