GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Red-White game, who's watching?

Red-White game, who's watching?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:What was Spezza doing on the Marleau goal? He could have bailed Seabrook out there.

If he wants to be on this team, and if he wants to be the player he can be, he has to get the nonchalance out of his game. This is the difference between him and Alfredsson right now, and why Alfie is still the best player on our team.

Story of his career: He gives up too easily.

Same reason he was useless against Anaheim.

It's so frustrating for someone with all the tools.

47Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:16 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
Marty St. Louis is such a great player to watch. Definitely one of the forgotten elites in the league IMO. You can see how he won the Hart, Art Ross and Cup.

48Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
That's more like it from Spezza. Dump and chase, win the puck, set someone up in the slot.

Unfortunately, Smyth has probably the worst shot out of anyone to ever suit up for Team Canada.

49Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Heatley just got an assist for Red, not sure who scored.

50Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
POor Heatley :^^^^:

51Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
So Toews is wearing 19 for Canada? I guess Spezza must have given it up - I'd assume it's like the All-Star Game where senior players get first priority.

If so, a nice gesture. You don't have to be so ****ing gentlemanly on the ice though.

52Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:Marty St. Louis is such a great player to watch. Definitely one of the forgotten elites in the league IMO. You can see how he won the Hart, Art Ross and Cup.

Agreed. He's also one of the forgotten "locks" Imo. He'll be there.
I'm thinking the forward lines'll break down something like this:

Iginla-Crosby-Nash
St.Louis-Lecavalier-Heatley
Staal-Getzlaf-Carter
Morrow-Richards-Doan
(Toews)

Only players I see actually being able to steal one of those spots (assuming no injuries) are Roy, Perry, and Stamkos (still blown away that he wasn't invited after his performance at the worlds...WELL outplayed Spezza)

53Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Damn Steve MAson is amazing.

54Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Spezza goes down to try to block a shot.

All of these are good things, and there's nothing really to criticize in his game except that he has no determination and intensity.

55Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:So Toews is wearing 19 for Canada? I guess Spezza must have given it up - I'd assume it's like the All-Star Game where senior players get first priority.

If so, a nice gesture. You don't have to be so ****ing gentlemanly on the ice though.

That...or Toews was actually invited and Spezza is just filling in Shrug

56Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:Spezza goes down to try to block a shot.

All of these are good things, and there's nothing really to criticize in his game except that he has no determination and intensity.

And thats pretty much the biggest criticism possible Facepalm

57Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I was hoping Pronger was going to paste Heatley there.

I'd forgotten how big Dany is. He looks about Pronger's size from this viewpoint.

Lecavalier gets a penalty, but St. Louis gets a SH break-away. No goal, though.

58Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:So Toews is wearing 19 for Canada? I guess Spezza must have given it up - I'd assume it's like the All-Star Game where senior players get first priority.

If so, a nice gesture. You don't have to be so ****ing gentlemanly on the ice though.

That...or Toews was actually invited and Spezza is just filling in Shrug

:^^^^: That too.

Man, White is getting more chances than Red is on this PK.

59Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Game over. Shoot-out next.

Opportunity for Heatley to embarass himself.
:BB:

60Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:I was hoping Pronger was going to paste Heatley there.

I'd forgotten how big Dany is. He looks about Pronger's size from this viewpoint.

Lecavalier gets a penalty, but St. Louis gets a SH break-away. No goal, though.

With his pads on, yeah, but in the photo's of him arriving in Calgary, he looked like he'd dropped 20 pounds riding the crazy train all summer Ahhhhh!

61Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:30 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:Spezza goes down to try to block a shot.

All of these are good things, and there's nothing really to criticize in his game except that he has no determination and intensity.

And thats pretty much the biggest criticism possible Facepalm

C'mon Clouston, work your magic! :n: FingersCrossed

62Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:Game over. Shoot-out next.

Opportunity for Heatley to embarass himself.
:BB:

Oh man! They are going to boo him unmerciful :^^^^:

63Red-White game, who's watching? - Page 4 Empty Re: Red-White game, who's watching? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:I was hoping Pronger was going to paste Heatley there.

I'd forgotten how big Dany is. He looks about Pronger's size from this viewpoint.

Lecavalier gets a penalty, but St. Louis gets a SH break-away. No goal, though.

With his pads on, yeah, but in the photo's of him arriving in Calgary, he looked like he'd dropped 20 pounds riding the crazy train all summer Ahhhhh!

Well, and in regards to grit or physicality comparing Heatley and Pronger is like comparing Tyler Arnason to Zdeno Chara.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum