GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:
cas wrote:A stud that won't be putting up more than 40 points this year...

40-50 - somewhere in that range IMO. I picked him for Cap early perhaps, but he still got a solid offensive D-man, so he should be okay.

50 is a pipe dream. He isn't putting up 50 points this year. He'll be lucky to top 35.

122GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Guest


Guest
wprager wrote:So, it's time. 1PM. SpezD, you wanna do the honors?

anytime guys...been here for a couple hours waiting Shrug

123GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:07 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:So, it's time. 1PM. SpezD, you wanna do the honors?

Uh...

Anderson (Colorado)
Barker (Chicago)

Shrug

Good luck Clutch. At least I got ya Kane.

124GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
cas wrote:
50 is a pipe dream. He isn't putting up 50 points this year. He'll be lucky to top 35.

The highest forecast I've seen for him was 47 by...The Hockey News I think. The lowest appears to be The Score Forecaster that Prager was quoting with 29.

Either way, I hope the pick works out for Clutch. I don't personally see it as too risky a pick, but I hope it doesn't hurt his pool. Ahhhhh!

125GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Out of curiosity, does anyone subscribe to Dobber? What's his forecast there?

126GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I used to get Dobber, but the last couple of years his stats had gone down, so last year I didn't bother. So I can't really comment one way or another, but he's the cheapest, for sure. And since it comes as a PDF I was able to copy/paste into a spreadsheet relatively easily.

Edit: Anyhow on to the Round 8 thread:
http://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/general-hockey-talk-f49/gm-hockey-fantasy-pool-round-8-t3220.htm#96624



Last edited by wprager on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

127GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Guest


Guest

SpezDispenser wrote:
cas wrote:
50 is a pipe dream. He isn't putting up 50 points this year. He'll be lucky to top 35.

The highest forecast I've seen for him was 47 by...The Hockey News I think. The lowest appears to be The Score Forecaster that Prager was quoting with 29.

Either way, I hope the pick works out for Clutch. I don't personally see it as too risky a pick, but I hope it doesn't hurt his pool. Ahhhhh!

Bogosian is a career 45-60 point D-man. Imo some sources (which have dropped off considerably in respectability in recent years) are confusing his career potential with his likely offensive output in his 2nd year.

20 year old 50 point D-men are simply unheard of.

Like usual, the Score has a much more realistic view of his potential. Kind of like James Cybulski's take on the Sens for 09-10 over at anothersensblog.blogspot (pretty decent blog)

128GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
cas wrote:
Bogosian is a career 45-60 point D-man. Imo some sources (which have dropped off considerably in respectability in recent years) are confusing his career potential with his likely offensive output in his 2nd year.

20 year old 50 point D-men are simply unheard of.

Like usual, the Score has a much more realistic view of his potential. Kind of like James Cybulski's take on the Sens for 09-10 over at anothersensblog.blogspot (pretty decent blog)

Then I diddled Clutch's Fantasy draft pretty good. Ahhhhh!

No..I still stand by 45 points. He's 20 yes, but his shot is one for the ages, hard, accurate and heavy, there's no real way to stop it. You can try to deflect it, but you'll have a hard time actually catching it or blocking it. When his shots don't go in there'll be Kovalchuk, Antropov and Kozlov to clean up the garbage. They eased him into the PP QB position last year when he came back and this year he'll begin the season there with Kubina (they apparently weren't thrilled with Hainsey on PP 1).

I guess it's impossible to say if he'll explode like he can, or if he'll take a couple more seasons to reach his potential, but I wouldn't count him out this year.

129GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Take the discussion over to the Round 8 Thread, please:
http://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/general-hockey-talk-f49/gm-hockey-fantasy-pool-round-8-t3220.htm#96624


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

130GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
cas wrote:
Bogosian is a career 45-60 point D-man. Imo some sources (which have dropped off considerably in respectability in recent years) are confusing his career potential with his likely offensive output in his 2nd year.

20 year old 50 point D-men are simply unheard of.

Like usual, the Score has a much more realistic view of his potential. Kind of like James Cybulski's take on the Sens for 09-10 over at anothersensblog.blogspot (pretty decent blog)

Then I diddled Clutch's Fantasy draft pretty good. Ahhhhh!

No..I still stand by 45 points. He's 20 yes, but his shot is one for the ages, hard, accurate and heavy, there's no real way to stop it. You can try to deflect it, but you'll have a hard time actually catching it or blocking it. When his shots don't go in there'll be Kovalchuk, Antropov and Kozlov to clean up the garbage. They eased him into the PP QB position last year when he came back and this year he'll begin the season there with Kubina (they apparently weren't thrilled with Hainsey on PP 1).

I guess it's impossible to say if he'll explode like he can, or if he'll take a couple more seasons to reach his potential, but I wouldn't count him out this year.

At 7th round, a 40 pt defenseman would be considered a succes in my books Shrug

131GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:
cas wrote:
Bogosian is a career 45-60 point D-man. Imo some sources (which have dropped off considerably in respectability in recent years) are confusing his career potential with his likely offensive output in his 2nd year.

20 year old 50 point D-men are simply unheard of.

Like usual, the Score has a much more realistic view of his potential. Kind of like James Cybulski's take on the Sens for 09-10 over at anothersensblog.blogspot (pretty decent blog)

Then I diddled Clutch's Fantasy draft pretty good. Ahhhhh!

No..I still stand by 45 points. He's 20 yes, but his shot is one for the ages, hard, accurate and heavy, there's no real way to stop it. You can try to deflect it, but you'll have a hard time actually catching it or blocking it. When his shots don't go in there'll be Kovalchuk, Antropov and Kozlov to clean up the garbage. They eased him into the PP QB position last year when he came back and this year he'll begin the season there with Kubina (they apparently weren't thrilled with Hainsey on PP 1).

I guess it's impossible to say if he'll explode like he can, or if he'll take a couple more seasons to reach his potential, but I wouldn't count him out this year.
Fair enough...He is as NHL ready any D-man of his age group. He also has the benefit of being on a lowly team with virtually no other option back there.

Shrug meh.

132GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
^ Yeah exactly. There are almost no other options. Smile

133GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Do I have to lock this down? Round 7 is OVER!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum