GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » New Third Jerseys for 2009-10

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 pm

SensGirl11


Mod
Mod
davetherave wrote:Thought it might be fun to start a thread on the subject, and invite everybody's comments: apparently several teams will be introducing new third jerseys this year...

The Wild already have theirs showcased on their website. Here's a look:
New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Wild_310

The Boogie Man in new Wild togs...more pix here:
http://wild.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=490694&page=NewsPage&service=page

Whattya think?

Meh, not great, but not horrible...indifferent on this one.

17New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
Tuk Tuk wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I would have preferred a more hip logo like "Minny". That would be cool.

please God no, we already have the awful "Sens" and "Bolts" having nicknames on their jersey's, we dont need anymore.

I think he was kidding.

18New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Tuk Tuk


Veteran
Veteran
asq2 wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I would have preferred a more hip logo like "Minny". That would be cool.

please God no, we already have the awful "Sens" and "Bolts" having nicknames on their jersey's, we dont need anymore.

I think he was kidding.

BagoverHead

sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet

19New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tuk Tuk wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I would have preferred a more hip logo like "Minny". That would be cool.

please God no, we already have the awful "Sens" and "Bolts" having nicknames on their jersey's, we dont need anymore.

I think he was kidding.

BagoverHead

sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet

Assume sarcasm when you see the angry pumpkin! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

20New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
Another view of the 'retro' Flames third jersey:
New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Flames16

And the official announcement on the Flames' site here:
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=497554&navid=cgy-home-dl

thx to ASQ for the scoop earlier on this thread...
Smile

21New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I think it looks really sharp, apart from the patch.

At least, though, they don't have the one blue Albertan flag shoulder-patch. I appreciate the sentiment of that decision (the shoulderpatch), but not the aesthetics.

22New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
There are apparently more 'new' third jerseys coming...it is reported Chicago is retiring the black version introduced some years ago, and replacing it with something based on the one worn at the 2009 Winter Classic; and there is talk the Wings may adopt their Winter Classic jersey as an alternate...

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Rrjers10

23New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
These were/are very cool uniforms IMHO>>>

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Wings_11

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Wings_12

The Blackhawks version reprises elements from uniforms worn in 1934-35 and 1935-37, with changes to the pants and socks.

The Wings take their cue from the uniform won by the Detroit Cougars (as they were originally named before becoming the Falcons, and then the Red Wings) when the franchise entered the NHL in 1926-27. The pants are red instead of the white worn by the Cougars.

More here for fans who enjoy looking at the history of NHL uniforms:
http://www.nhluniforms.com/

24New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:01 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
From the Devs' NHL site:

Devils to wear classic sweaters
Devils to wear original red, green and white Wednesday, March 17 vs. PIT

Tuesday, 08.25.2009 / 4:55 PM / News New Jersey Devils

Newark, NJ – The Devils will wear their original red, green, and white uniforms for one night, Wednesday, March 17, 2010, when they host their division rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins, at Prudential Center at 7:00 PM. The announcement was made today by Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

“The original red, green, and white jerseys are a part of our history here in New Jersey,” said Lamoriello. “We have always been an organization that takes great pride in its tradition. This is something we believe our fans will enjoy for that one special night.” The original red, green, and white jerseys were worn for 800 regular-season and 40 playoff contests from the team’s inception in 1982 through the 1992 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Jersey’s Team has worn red, black, and white since 1992-93, and both sweaters have featured a stylized “NJ” on the chest.

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Shanah11

25New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 am

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
a lot of retro looks are being revisited, love the Devils one with the red and green. Wonder if the Nucks or Caps will pull out a retro jersey, or say the Sabres with their blue and yellow.

26New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Wish the Sens were doing something like all of these teams. You'd think they'd want to draw attention to the dynasties of the 1910s and '20s.

27New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
asq2 wrote:Wish the Sens were doing something like all of these teams. You'd think they'd want to draw attention to the dynasties of the 1910s and '20s.

The "SENS" are too cool for retro. cool)

28New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Guest


Guest
SeawaySensFan wrote:I would have preferred a more hip logo like "Minny". That would be cool.

How come every other team had the insight and foresight to bring back classis looks and the idiots on our team decided to go modern? 🇬🇬

29New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
cas wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I would have preferred a more hip logo like "Minny". That would be cool.

How come every other team had the insight and foresight to bring back classis looks and the idiots on our team decided to go modern? 🇬🇬

They came up with the "Spartan" fiasco too. "Riiiiiiiiiise, Sens Army" indeed.

30New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:a lot of retro looks are being revisited, love the Devils one with the red and green. Wonder if the Nucks or Caps will pull out a retro jersey, or say the Sabres with their blue and yellow.

The Sabres have revived their classic look with their current third jersey...they wore a retro jersey at the Winter Classic against the Penguins.

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Sabres10

NHLUniforms.com has it all...

If memory serves me well, the following teams are wearing 'retro' jerseys as their alternates:

Calgary
Chicago
Detroit (unconfirmed)
Edmonton
New York Islanders
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Toronto

A number of other teams have incorporated elements from their original uniforms into their current third jerseys, including the Sabres, Nucks and Caps.

The Canadiens, of course, wore all of their historic jerseys last season...they still wear the 1944-47 white jersey on occasion too.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

31New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have always preferred the black alternate jersey from 2000-2007.

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Senators09

32New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:00 pm

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:a lot of retro looks are being revisited, love the Devils one with the red and green. Wonder if the Nucks or Caps will pull out a retro jersey, or say the Sabres with their blue and yellow.

The Sabres have revived their classic look with their current third jersey...they wore a retro jersey at the Winter Classic against the Penguins.

New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Sabres10

NHLUniforms.com has it all...

If memory serves me well, the following teams are wearing 'retro' jerseys as their alternates:

Calgary
Chicago
Detroit (unconfirmed)
Edmonton
New York Islanders
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Toronto

A number of other teams have incorporated elements from their original uniforms into their current third jerseys, including the Sabres, Nucks and Caps.

The Canadiens, of course, wore all of their historic jerseys last season...they still wear the 1944-47 white jersey on occasion too.

[url=http://www.nhluniforms.com/
http://www.nhluniforms.com/[/quote[/url]]

there's that nice blue and yellow jersey, too bad it has that pominville character's name on the back, his SH goal that buried the sens a few years ago still stings mildly. still don't hate him as much as Roy.

33New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie
New Third Jerseys for 2009-10 - Page 2 250px-10

too retro? Sarcasm

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum