GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Line Predictions:

Line Predictions:

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

106Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
asq2 wrote:Has Cheechoo LW'd before? We're all kinda pencilling him in at that position.

On San Joser last year he was LW (12 goals to show Ahhhhh! ) and I believe he patrols the left side on power plays because he has that killer one timer.

I wouldn't say he's the be all to end all, but instead of playing with Grier on the LW, he'll be with Spezza and Alfie/Kovalev, so he should be able to adapt quick?

107Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:42 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Jordo wrote:Let's assume that Heatley's back, Karlsson is the only one to make the big club- what do your lineups look like? I'll start:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Heatley-Fisher-Alfredsson
Shannon-Kelly-Donovan/Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

The top left wingers in heatley and Foligno, are obviously interchangeable... I just figured you could really spread out the scoring among those top two lines by putting Heatley on the 2nd, not to mention diminishing his role to make his argument worthy.

How about that first PP line?

Remember that? What a wretched bottom 6.

That was then and this is now. Here's my prediction:

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

Grant comes up. Hoffman and Condra traded to Buffalo for pick(s). Boro and Methot find immediate chemistry and show why the Sens have Boro locked up longer than any D not named Karlsson. The 2nd/3rd lines get almost equal ice time. PW gets a ton of PP time and explodes on the score sheet.

http://capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/41176

108Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cheechoo!

109Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

Grant comes up. Hoffman and Condra traded to Buffalo for pick(s). Boro and Methot find immediate chemistry and show why the Sens have Boro locked up longer than any D not named Karlsson. The 2nd/3rd lines get almost equal ice time. PW gets a ton of PP time and explodes on the score sheet.

There's no way Boro is paying his off side on the second pairing ahead of either Ceci or Gryba!

110Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
My bad. Thought he was an RD. I do think he's about to show us why he's locked up for the next 4.

111Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Jordo wrote:Let's assume that Heatley's back, Karlsson is the only one to make the big club- what do your lineups look like? I'll start:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

The top left wingers in heatley and Foligno, are obviously interchangeable... I just figured you could really spread out the scoring among those top two lines by putting Heatley on the 2nd, not to mention diminishing his role to make his argument worthy.

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

that entire line-up makes me sick. only reinforces how important it is to have a 3rd line that can score. let alone a second. mike fisher should of been our 3rd line center.

112Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

Your forwards are bang on IMO, your defence is not.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Phillips
Boro - Gryba

Ceci starts in the Ahl, Wiercioch comes in and plays from time to time.

113Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

that entire line-up makes me sick. only reinforces how important it is to have a 3rd line that can score. let alone a second. mike fisher should of been our 3rd line center.

LOL, yeah, that is a pretty turrible roster. Goes to show you how much good work has been done with this organization in the last 3-4 years. It's taken a lot of time and the pieces in place are all young and raw, but the foundation for a good team -- clearly absent in that old roster -- is now in place.

114Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:My bad. Thought he was an RD. I do think he's about to show us why he's locked up for the next 4.

He may be signed for the next 4 but he's signed as a 6/7 guy.

115Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Hmm, maybe we can make something of that.

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
- best line in the league at the time

Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev
- Maybe the 1-2 punch of Fisher and Foligno opens up some room for L'Artiste

Shannon-Kelly-Neil
- I believe back then Neil was still a good 3rd liner; Kelly was the smartest player in the league and Shannon would skate circles around them and create a force-field

Ruutu-Winchester-Schubert
- Wham, Bam, Yum-yum

Donovan is the 13th player (not a 3rd liner at this point in his career).

116Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Line prediction: by season's end Claesson is getting top-pairing minutes Karlsson.

117Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Line prediction: by season's end Claesson is getting top-pairing minutes Karlsson.
you're saying by season's end that claesson is karlsson's partner? i'll take that bet that he's not. how much?

118Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I too will take that bet.

119Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The silver lining there would be we'd get McDavid.

120Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Obviously a bold prediction but I think there's benefit of having two Swedes playing together. If all this guff about Methot being traded is true and we don't get a defenceman back, we'll have Karl, Phillips, Ceci, Wiercioch, Boro, Cowen, Gryba. Injuries happen and Phillips sucks so I can definitely see Claesson getting some reps.

121Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
OK then.

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Legwand/Stone
Chiasson/Zibaneblad/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil

Phillips/Karlsson
Wiercioch/Ceci
Borowiecki/Gryba

The Gregger
Lehner

122Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CONDRA HAVE YOU NOT SEEN HIS CORSI IT'S OFF THE CHARTS

123Line Predictions: - Page 8 Empty Re: Line Predictions: on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CONDRA HAVE YOU NOT SEEN HIS CORSI IT'S OFF THE CHARTS

He'll come in the bottom 6 once the team comes to its senses and returns Lazar to Junior.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum