GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Should be exciting to watch tomorrow. I'll be there in Row B 100 level on the corner. Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 5 88481 . I can't wait. Is it Friday yet?

we are almost there, I shall be watching on Centre Ice, depending on if Boston ices their final lineup for the season as well, this could be a real good measuring stick on how far this team has come, preseason or not.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Would be nice to have best-on-best tomorrow for a real test.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Would be nice to have best-on-best tomorrow for a real test.

if it's Boston's last pre-season game, I expect nothing but, hope Carkner gets into the lineup too, him squaring off against Looch would be an interesting tilt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, it was nearly that. I'd say the lineup in a week's time will have Kuba in and Carkner out; also Schubert will probably not be around, but he actually played a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly, on the other hand, did not do anything to help his cause.

Bottom line, replacing either one of them (Schubert/Kelly) with Donovan would not make a significant difference either way; Kuba probably would have helped a little, though.

Overall that was pretty close to best-on-best and we came out on the wrong end. Our top line was great. Our second line could have used a little more from #27. Our third line could have used a little more from Cheechoo. Or a little less Cheechoo.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
I think 60 goals is a lot for heatley to score--i think he will get about 50 but he does have the skills to score 60 no doubt

Neil took a beating last night-Lucic has been a problem for my habs for the past 2 years and gainey has not addressed it--thats why i wanted ryan clowe when he was a free agent

i do hope carkner and lucic match up---i think carkner will do alright

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:

Well, it was nearly that. I'd say the lineup in a week's time will have Kuba in and Carkner out; also Schubert will probably not be around, but he actually played a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly, on the other hand, did not do anything to help his cause.

Bottom line, replacing either one of them (Schubert/Kelly) with Donovan would not make a significant difference either way; Kuba probably would have helped a little, though.

Overall that was pretty close to best-on-best and we came out on the wrong end. Our top line was great. Our second line could have used a little more from #27. Our third line could have used a little more from Cheechoo. Or a little less Cheechoo.

As much as he hasn't earned it, I'd kinda like to see them try Cheechoo with Spezza and Alfredsson. It seems to me that they are still playing like Heatley's the third forward on that line. Michalek's kinda being wasted because he almost never gets the puck and is being reduced to kinda standing around in the slot waiting for a one-timer pass.

Cheechoo can do that. Actually, operating within that slot area is about all Cheechoo can do at this point. I'd like to see Michalek play on a line where he'll have the puck, even if it's only for a shift or two.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
When Emery said Heatley would score 60, he was talking smack. Plain and simple.

Emery knew it would be reported in the Ottawa media and that there would be a fuss.

Expect more than one dustup when the Flyers and Sens meet.

Ive said the entire time Heatley is going to struggle in a HUGE way out west... so far I have been right. The guy will be lucky to hit 40 and 80 points. The Sens got rid of the most over paid player in the entire league for a guy that will end up being a bargin.

Emery is still an idiot who doesnt forget his "boys".

Glad all those morons are away from Spezza.

sidstu wrote:I think 60 goals is a lot for heatley to score--i think he will get about 50 but he does have the skills to score 60 no doubt

Neil took a beating last night-Lucic has been a problem for my habs for the past 2 years and gainey has not addressed it--thats why i wanted ryan clowe when he was a free agent

Lucic is certainly one of the tougher guys in the league. I think Neiler might have faired better without the whack in the sack to start with. You are gonna lose most fights when you take one in the junk before it gets going. Don't care who you are.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Ive said the entire time Heatley is going to struggle in a HUGE way out west... so far I have been right. The guy will be lucky to hit 40 and 80 points. The Sens got rid of the most over paid player in the entire league for a guy that will end up being a bargin.

Yeah, well Emery's always been about talkin' smack.

He's on the right team now...we'll see if his game matches his mouth.

If not, Holmgren'll sort him out...personally. He never took any $hit when he was a player, and he's certainly not gonna take any crap from The Razor.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Kelly, on the other hand, did not do anything to help his cause.

I thought Kelly made a few good plays. He was in position to stop a goal that a Bruin player didn't get good wood on.

In all he's still an overpaid 4th liner, but I don't think it's fair to say Schubert was decent and Kelly wasn't.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore
As much as he hasn't earned it, I'd kinda like to see them try Cheechoo with Spezza and Alfredsson. It seems to me that they are still playing like Heatley's the third forward on that line. Michalek's kinda being wasted because he almost never gets the puck and is being reduced to kinda standing around in the slot waiting for a one-timer pass.

Cheechoo can do that. Actually, operating within that slot area is about all Cheechoo can do at this point. I'd like to see Michalek play on a line where he'll have the puck, even if it's only for a shift or two.

Yes, I'm ready to see that experiment. Plus, Michalek up against the other teams 2nd best checkers... seems to be a good thing.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
murder on ice--i agree--lucic got him but neil didn't give up however--neil has character however--he stayed loyal to the sens when he probably could have made more money on another team

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sidstu wrote:I think 60 goals is a lot for heatley to score--i think he will get about 50 but he does have the skills to score 60 no doubt

Since the lockout there have been 11 50-goal scorers. Iginla (07-07) and Cheechoo (05-06) are the only two that did that out West. It's a tougher Conference to score.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
N4L wrote:Ive said the entire time Heatley is going to struggle in a HUGE way out west... so far I have been right. The guy will be lucky to hit 40 and 80 points. The Sens got rid of the most over paid player in the entire league for a guy that will end up being a bargin.

If he only gets 40 goals he's not getting 80 points. With Spezza and Alfie he managed 33 assists -- he's not getting 40 assists in San Jose.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
If he only gets 40 goals he's not getting 80 points. With Spezza and Alfie he managed 33 assists -- he's not getting 40 assists in San Jose.

Good point. Joe Thornton doesn't score as much as Spezza (about 1/3 less) and Seto or Marleau are pretty similar to Alfie in terms of production. Not as many options for Heatley out there. It's be interesting if he really does spend some time with Pavelski and Clowe during the season. Does the word 'diminished' get used there too?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
beerandsens wrote:
Kelly, on the other hand, did not do anything to help his cause.

I thought Kelly made a few good plays. He was in position to stop a goal that a Bruin player didn't get good wood on.

In all he's still an overpaid 4th liner, but I don't think it's fair to say Schubert was decent and Kelly wasn't.

I said "he played a good game as a 4th liner" and I stand behind that. That's in contrast to "he looked lost as a defenseman". For $833K he went out, played a bit over 10 minutes, collected one shot and 7 hits. Kelly played a couple more minutes (probably PK), collected that same one shot and had 1 hit. And got paid two and a half times as much. Yes, he brings a defensive element to his game that Schubert cannot match, but then he's getting paid more.

Schubert had a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly had a good game as a 4th liner that gets paid like 2nd liner.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Schubert had a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly had a good game as a 4th liner that gets paid like 2nd liner.

BAM! Couldn't be said better Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 5 Icon_smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum