GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
If he only gets 40 goals he's not getting 80 points. With Spezza and Alfie he managed 33 assists -- he's not getting 40 assists in San Jose.

Good point. Joe Thornton doesn't score as much as Spezza (about 1/3 less) and Seto or Marleau are pretty similar to Alfie in terms of production. Not as many options for Heatley out there. It's be interesting if he really does spend some time with Pavelski and Clowe during the season. Does the word 'diminished' get used there too?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
beerandsens wrote:
Kelly, on the other hand, did not do anything to help his cause.

I thought Kelly made a few good plays. He was in position to stop a goal that a Bruin player didn't get good wood on.

In all he's still an overpaid 4th liner, but I don't think it's fair to say Schubert was decent and Kelly wasn't.

I said "he played a good game as a 4th liner" and I stand behind that. That's in contrast to "he looked lost as a defenseman". For $833K he went out, played a bit over 10 minutes, collected one shot and 7 hits. Kelly played a couple more minutes (probably PK), collected that same one shot and had 1 hit. And got paid two and a half times as much. Yes, he brings a defensive element to his game that Schubert cannot match, but then he's getting paid more.

Schubert had a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly had a good game as a 4th liner that gets paid like 2nd liner.

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore
Schubert had a good game as a 4th liner. Kelly had a good game as a 4th liner that gets paid like 2nd liner.

BAM! Couldn't be said better Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 Icon_smile

wprager wrote:
I said "he played a good game as a 4th liner" and I stand behind that. That's in contrast to "he looked lost as a defenseman". For $833K he went out, played a bit over 10 minutes, collected one shot and 7 hits. Kelly played a couple more minutes (probably PK), collected that same one shot and had 1 hit. And got paid two and a half times as much. Yes, he brings a defensive element to his game that Schubert cannot match, but then he's getting paid more.

Schubert is listed as a defenseman Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 812636

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
wprager--i think heatley will get 50 goals or very close this year--i understand what you are saying but heatley's skills speak for themselves--the bottom line is that the guy can put the puck in the net--i think he has no choice but to score 50 goals or he and the sharks would look like fools and BM will look like a genious

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sidstu wrote:wprager--i think heatley will get 50 goals or very close this year--i understand what you are saying but heatley's skills speak for themselves--the bottom line is that the guy can put the puck in the net--i think he has no choice but to score 50 goals or he and the sharks would look like fools and BM will look like a genious

I guess the only thing that neither one of us can't argue with is "We'll see".

The Thronton to Cheechoo trick went from 56 to 37 in one year. The teams adjusted (the slide beyond that can be blamed on injuries and playing on the 3rd line). Other than Cheechoo, the only other player in the West to get a recent (post lock-out cap and rules changes) 50 goal season is Iginla.

If Heatley can play like Iginla then he will score 50. In other words, I'm saying he won't score 50.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
wprager--its going to be close unless injuries come into play

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sidstu wrote:wprager--its going to be close unless injuries come into play

Perhaps injuries have already come into play. Some think that Heatley never fully recovered from being cranked in that Detroit game (shoulder). A guy as one-dimensional as Heatley needs that split millisecond, extra ounce of power in his shot to differentiate him from the others, and if he's lost even a tiny bit of that from that injury he may never get back to 50 goals.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
wprager--he hasn't lost anything--he is a top 10 if not top 5 player in the NHL--would you be saying this about him if he didn't ask to be traded

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
sidstu wrote:wprager--he hasn't lost anything--he is a top 10 if not top 5 player in the NHL--would you be saying this about him if he didn't ask to be traded

Some of the members have been questioning his health since at least October or November of last season. Others quite a bit longer than that. I questioned his leadership and character ever since he was awarded the "A" in Ottawa and was quite disappointed with his efforts considering he had the "A" on his jersey.

I certainly won't sit here and say Heatley is washed up and will never hit 50 goals. I will take a wait and see attitude and I fully expect him to get 40 + goals anyway.

If the members questioning his health are right then maybe he never does reach 50 goals I'm not ready to make that claim personally.

- Unknown Author

sidstu wrote:wprager--he hasn't lost anything--he is a top 10 if not top 5 player in the NHL--would you be saying this about him if he didn't ask to be traded

Hahaha top 10 player? MAYBE in his division. Top 5, you gotta be kidding me. Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Iginla, St Louis, Lecalivier, all WAY better players then Heatley. Not even close.

Who are you?

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie
N4L--yeah ok st. louis is better than heatley and i'm not responding to your comments b/c in the end i'm the one thats going get suspended b/c it seems you can make personal attacks and get away with it so its not woth getting into it with you--its a waste of time

cap n clutch--i hear what you are saying--i wouldn't give heatley no A--i would just tell him go out score goals--i agree with you--he's not a great leader but i'm talking about his scoring abilities

sidstu wrote:N4L--yeah ok st. louis is better than heatley and i'm not responding to your comments b/c in the end i'm the one thats going get suspended b/c it seems you can make personal attacks and get away with it so its not woth getting into it with you--its a waste of time

cap n clutch--i hear what you are saying--i wouldn't give heatley no A--i would just tell him go out score goals--i agree with you--he's not a great leader but i'm talking about his scoring abilities

No personal attacks there. A little sensative?

St. Louis has done more then Heatley ever will in the NHL and is still one of the most dangerous players in the game. Thanks.

Also you called CC a "bitch" if I am correct... so that's a good possibility why you got the boot. Once again, thank you for responding to my comment and providing great insight into hockey and the site.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As a side note... St. Louis is one of the few players that actually gets me raging mad when he scores on us.

I literally have to restrain myself from throwing something at the TV when I see him score.

serenity now...

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Some of the members have been questioning his health since at least October or November of last season. Others quite a bit longer than that. I questioned his leadership and character ever since he was awarded the "A" in Ottawa and was quite disappointed with his efforts considering he had the "A" on his jersey.

I certainly won't sit here and say Heatley is washed up and will never hit 50 goals. I will take a wait and see attitude and I fully expect him to get 40 + goals anyway.

If the members questioning his health are right then maybe he never does reach 50 goals I'm not ready to make that claim personally.

It didn't take long at all to see how big of a mistake giving him a letter was. 3rd game of the season, he gets the 'C' and puts in maybe the worst performance of the entire season.

And sidstu, N4L and I (among others) were hoping Heatley would get traded for the majority of last season...so yeah, I think he would say he wasn't top-10 ( Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 78253 gtfo of here!) even if he didn't request a trade. If anything, his trade request made me like him more Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 668437 I appreciate him more now that he's no longer a drain on the team I love.

N4L wrote:Also you called CC a "bitch" if I am correct... so that's a good possibility why you got the boot. Once again, thank you for responding to my comment and providing great insight into hockey and the site.

First of all: St. Louis is BY FAR a better player than Heatley. Imagine Heatley at St. Louis's size Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 668437

And no, it wasn't me...it was the Cap'N... Good luck calling a mod a Wing Dang Doodle and getting away with it Emery: Heatley will score more than 60 goals this season - Page 6 668437 thats like telling your parents to Diddle off and expecting them to like it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:

Hahaha top 10 player? MAYBE in his division. Top 5, you gotta be kidding me. Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Iginla, St Louis, Lecalivier, all WAY better players then Heatley. Not even close.

Who are you?

Sidstu, I gotta ask, are you ranking your players solely on offensive stats, or are you actually saying that DH is a top 5 player? Top 5 goal scorer, sure. I'll give you that, though I don't think his best years are ahead of him. Top 5, or even 10, player? No chance, trade or no trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum