GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » Atlantic » Boston Bruins » Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger

Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The B's have put Lucic on LTIR after breaking his finger in their last game.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/10/18/sp-bruins-lucic.html

That means he won't be back until Nov. 10th so he won't be in the line-up when we face the Bs' on Oct. 24th.

2Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
LTIR? Not just IR? Wow. I saw the little red cross next to his name in the PickupHockey.com pool listing, but it only said D2D. All the more puzzling that Boston traded for two right-wingers when they've got Recchi and Lucic on the left (and is Ryder really a 1st line winger?)

3Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like Lucic will have surgery to fix the issue with his finger... hence the LTIR placement:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2009/10/19/bruins_trade_kobasew_put_lucic_on_long_term_ir/

4Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
hmmm if the LTIR diagnosis is true, huge hole in the Bruin's lineup until he returns, Lucic can do it all, hit, fight, and score.

5Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensFan71 wrote:hmmm if the LTIR diagnosis is true, huge hole in the Bruin's lineup until he returns, Lucic can do it all, hit, fight, and score.

It's looking like perfect timing for our first tilt vs. the B's. Still struggling early, trade Sens killer Kobasew and now Lucic. Hopefully by the time we face them later in the season our team will have gelled and we'll have a much more lethal PP.

- Unknown Author

6Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:hmmm if the LTIR diagnosis is true, huge hole in the Bruin's lineup until he returns, Lucic can do it all, hit, fight, and score.

It's looking like perfect timing for our first tilt vs. the B's. Still struggling early, trade Sens killer Kobasew and now Lucic. Hopefully by the time we face them later in the season our team will have gelled and we'll have a much more lethal PP.

definitely agreed on that one, Carkner and Neil will be able to run over that team minus Lucic, and with no Kobasew scoring big goals, this should be Ottawa's game to lose, especially since the B's are in a huge lull right now.

7Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:43 am

Ya I was thinking that too. Im prob gonna go get a couple cheapies and stand at the top so I can drink Sat night. Gonna be a good tilt.

Ottawa should be on top of this division come the begining of Nov.

8Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:Ya I was thinking that too. Im prob gonna go get a couple cheapies and stand at the top so I can drink Sat night. Gonna be a good tilt.

Ottawa should STILL be on top of this division come the begining of Nov.

fixed

9Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:22 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
pretty confident this year it will be an Ottawa-Buffalo-Boston fight for the top spot (if Boston gets their $hit together) in the division.

10Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:25 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:pretty confident this year it will be an Ottawa-Buffalo-Boston fight for the top spot (if Boston gets their $hit together) in the division.

That's a gimmie. I don't see Montreal or Toronto (snicker) coming close to competing this year. Buffalo is a bit of a surprise to me. I watched a game the other day. Connolly (sp?) was nuts. Twice he broke in through 2, then 3 opposing players to get a solid scoring chance. He reminded me a bit of Michalek with his wheels in that game.

11Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Buffalo will go as far as Miller takes them, Connolly is a good player, but the rest of the team is not as deep as the Sens or how deep the Bruins should be. Miller is definitely their wildcard.

12Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:Buffalo will go as far as Miller takes them, Connolly is a good player, but the rest of the team is not as deep as the Sens or how deep the Bruins should be. Miller is definitely their wildcard.

Agreed. He's a great goalie and a workhorse. If he goes down, they're in serious trouble. Lalime is a quality backup, but I think his days as a number 1 are behind him.

13Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bruins lost some nice depth by trading away Kessel and Kobasew. That is a big chunk of offense. Throw in an injured Lucic and Boston should continue to struggle for the month of October.

- Unknown Author

14Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm also really looking forward to seeing Chara try to contain Michalek.

- Unknown Author

15Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger Empty Re: Lucic on LTIR after breaking finger on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore
spader wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:pretty confident this year it will be an Ottawa-Buffalo-Boston fight for the top spot (if Boston gets their $hit together) in the division.

That's a gimmie. I don't see Montreal or Toronto (snicker) coming close to competing this year. Buffalo is a bit of a surprise to me. I watched a game the other day. Connolly (sp?) was nuts. Twice he broke in through 2, then 3 opposing players to get a solid scoring chance. He reminded me a bit of Michalek with his wheels in that game.

I've always been a Connolly fan. Loads of skill. Easily a point per game guy. He's also up there with Havlat for Mr.Glass candidate. He's one A-train away from ruining his career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum