GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot?

Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Of the following "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot?

Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 9 ]
Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_lcap236%Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 16 ]
Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 3 ]
Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 10 ]
Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 44

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Not sure I agree that it was 100% about the goaltender (although you can't argue that he was a pretty big part of it) but I agree that they're a mirage...nothing there. They may squeak into 8th, but I'd put money on 10th or worse.

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
Sens19 wrote:I think Buffalo will eventually collapse but not as far off as to miss the playoffs, I just don't see it. And ouch N4L, arent you a little harsh on Colorado??

Nope, no way is that team anywhere near a playoff team IMO.

Well neither were the Blues last year but they made it. I think they have the potential to fight for 8th spot, no?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

I dont think they do, honestly. Dont like Colorado at all, that blueline is worse then Ottawa's.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:I dont think they do, honestly. Dont like Colorado at all, that blueline is worse then Ottawa's.

Their young guns seem to be on a mission and are looking good, but their inexperience will really fail them IF they make the playoffs. I'm def not penciling them to make it in but I think they'll make a strong fight for 8th place, if not I don't see them doing worse than 10th place

As for the Sabres, I strongly believe they'll make it in this year

Sens19 wrote:
N4L wrote:I dont think they do, honestly. Dont like Colorado at all, that blueline is worse then Ottawa's.

Their young guns seem to be on a mission and are looking good, but their inexperience will really fail them IF they make the playoffs. I'm def not penciling them to make it in but I think they'll make a strong fight for 8th place, if not I don't see them doing worse than 10th place

Their young guns are in a tough division where Calgary and Vancouver are easily the best. A lot of better teams in The West. Just my opinion though.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran
N4L wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Their young guns are in a tough division where Calgary and Vancouver are easily the best. A lot of better teams in The West. Just my opinion though.

I'm actually really surprised Colorado is in first place and 5 points above the Canucks. The Flames are catching on, but I though the Canucks were better than this Of the "surprise" teams who maintains a playoff spot? - Page 2 979131

That wont last much longer. Colorado got off to the best start in team history, they will crash back down to earth, hard.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:4 votes for Tampa. Interesting. I don't see the Lightening maintaining a spot but if they do I'm not so sure I'd want to face them first round.
I voted for them and the Kings. I also see the Thrashers taking a playoff spot... not quite sure if the Kings are ready, but they're playing like it. And the Lightning are winning without Vinnie doing anything.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Buffalo gets my vote. As the games tighten up, goaltending will be most important. Miller is the best goalie of the group.

That, and the Northeast Division is pretty weak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Buffalo was my vote as well and, frankly, I'm surprised they are only getting 22% of the votes. If Miller didn't miss so much of the season last year they would have made the playoffs for sure. The only thing that keeps them out this year is another significant injury, but that's just as likely to happen to every other team.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore
Buffalo is riding the Ryan Miller train- as soon as he slips, the whole team falls- no doubt. We all know who their backup is.

Ryan Miller has arguably been the best and most consistent goalie in the league this year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:Buffalo is riding the Ryan Miller train- as soon as he slips, the whole team falls- no doubt. We all know who their backup is.

Ryan Miller has arguably been the best and most consistent goalie in the league this year.

Very scary if he keeps that up in the Olympics. Definitely wouldn't count out the Americans. I like there goaltending more than ours at the moment.

- Unknown Author

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore
Oh I'm not sure. I think you've gotta expect the big dogs like Brodeur and Luongo are going to bring their A game to the Olympics. We're talking wiley vets here...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jordo wrote:Oh I'm not sure. I think you've gotta expect the big dogs like Brodeur and Luongo are going to bring their A game to the Olympics. We're talking wiley vets here...

That's why I qualified my post with at the moment. Things could change for sure.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star
I checked the Kings' as the 'surprise team', because they have made steady progress over the last few years, and have started well.

They've only played .500 hockey in November...that was attributed in part to the absence of Ryan Smyth (9G 14A in 22 games). When he comes back, they should be able to resume their drive to secure a spot.

But if Vancouver, Detroit and Anaheim make a push, though, all bets are off.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It looks like the Avs are still in it. Not only are they hanging on but they've just taken over top spot in their division.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It looks like the Avs are still in it. Not only are they hanging on but they've just taken over top spot in their division.

Not to mention them and the Kings are closing in on first place overall in the NHL. Crazy...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It looks like the Avs are still in it. Not only are they hanging on but they've just taken over top spot in their division.

Not to mention them and the Kings are closing in on first place overall in the NHL. Crazy...

The Kings aren't nearly as big of a surprise as the AVs IMO but, I agree it is crazy.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum