GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Naked Sushi!

Naked Sushi!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Naked Sushi! Empty Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I just stumbled across this while reading the online paper. Very odd stuff. Would you take part in this? (Not the modeling but the eating)

EDMONTON -- Hungry patrons, chopsticks in hand, peruse the tantalizing platter up and down to select the most delectable sushi roll.

"Which piece do you recommend?" asks a young man, gesturing to the nearly naked brunette lying on a table, wearing maki, banana leaves and booty shorts.

Naked sushi, popular in cosmopolitan centres such as New York, San Francisco and London, has arrived at Edmonton's Kai Asian Grill.

Thursday nights customers literally eat off a barely-dressed model.

But managing partner Sean Lelacheur points out the restaurant's Naked Geisha Thursdays affair is about art, not erotica.

"Some people can't believe it, but it's not what you think when you hear it."

To comply with health regulations, no sushi touches the models' skin. All morsels are displayed on banana leaves.

Alberta Health Services did not respond to a request for comment, but Lelacheur said inspectors have made sure standards are being met.

Serving as a human sushi platter may sound easy, but job hazards include soy sauce drips and the danger of dynamite rolls tumbling off crevasses with the slightest twitch, said Courtney Owen, 18, a nightclub bartender and first-time naked sushi model at Kai last week.

Owen added the exposure left her a little chilly.

"It was cold at the beginning but when the chef brought the warm sushi, it warms up your whole body," she said, comparing the experience to a relaxing hot stone massage.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2009/12/21/12225766-sun.html

I can't post the picture for some reason.

2Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
This has been around for a few years now. Amazing what kind of stuff these entrepreneurs will come up with to jazz up the restaurant industry.

3Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
I guess it's an interesting idea. I have no idea how they come up with it, who would think of that?

4Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
SensGirl11 wrote:I guess it's an interesting idea. I have no idea how they come up with it, who would think of that?

Probably the same people who thought up those restaurants where you eat in pure darkness...supposed to make you understand what it's like to be blind or something.

5Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:54 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
PKC wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I guess it's an interesting idea. I have no idea how they come up with it, who would think of that?

Probably the same people who thought up those restaurants where you eat in pure darkness...supposed to make you understand what it's like to be blind or something.

Oh yeah! Those are weird too, I think it's supposed to heighten your sense of taste. Good place for a blind date.

6Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Funky as Dung. Thinking Weird Donkey stuff.

7Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
RocknRoll

8Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Naked Sushi! 43150

+1

9Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Could you imagine if the wasabi paste got in the wrong places?

What's next, Naked House of Pancakes?

10Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What if one of them farts?

11Naked Sushi! Empty Re: Naked Sushi! on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:What if one of them farts?

Well then let's hope it's not "Naked Fondue". Now that would require hazard pay.

You know one way to stop this craze? Male "servers".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum