GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Will Fisher be named to the team?

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_lcap233%Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_lcap250%Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 9 ]
Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_lcap217%Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

286Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
marakh wrote:Dude, if Kovalchuk and Datsyuk play on that 1st PK Unit, they are gonna score goals shorthanded if you put Green there.

I can come back with:

Nash - Getzlaf - Iglinla - Weber - Brodeur

all have something to say about that.

287Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Devo


Sophomore
Sophomore
Gohan wrote:

Nash-Crosby-Iginla
Boyle-Weber

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Niedermayer-Keith

Yeah...I'm really worried about the powerplay Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_wink

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_scratch

Sub Keith with Doughty. I don't think they'll pass on a chance to use Doughty who is a great point man on the power play.

288Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Dude, if Kovalchuk and Datsyuk play on that 1st PK Unit, they are gonna score goals shorthanded if you put Green there.

I can come back with:

Nash - Getzlaf - Iglinla - Weber - Brodeur

all have something to say about that.

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_scratch soooo...don't put Green on the Russian PP? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Suspect Is that what you're saying? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_razz

289Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Guest


Guest
and why are there 3 forwards on the PK?

290Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Gohan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Dude, if Kovalchuk and Datsyuk play on that 1st PK Unit, they are gonna score goals shorthanded if you put Green there.

I can come back with:

Nash - Getzlaf - Iglinla - Weber - Brodeur

all have something to say about that.

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_scratch soooo...don't put Green on the Russian PP? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Suspect Is that what you're saying? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_razz

No, the original statement was that if Green was on the backend on the PP, the Russians - namely Datsyuk and Kovie will score shorthanded - and I come back with the fact that Canada has such awe-inspiring talent that they can probably call that a 100% non-issue.

291Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Gohan wrote:and why are there 3 forwards on the PK?

To prove a debatable point.

292Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Guest


Guest
SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:Dude, if Kovalchuk and Datsyuk play on that 1st PK Unit, they are gonna score goals shorthanded if you put Green there.

I can come back with:

Nash - Getzlaf - Iglinla - Weber - Brodeur

all have something to say about that.

Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_scratch soooo...don't put Green on the Russian PP? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Suspect Is that what you're saying? Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Icon_razz

No, the original statement was that if Green was on the backend on the PP, the Russians - namely Datsyuk and Kovie will score shorthanded - and I come back with the fact that Canada has such awe-inspiring talent that they can probably call that a 100% non-issue.

but the original point was that Green had no business on TC.



Last edited by Gohan on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

293Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Mike Green has absolutely no use on Team Canada, not when you already have Doughty, Keith, Boyle and Niedermayer who can all rack up the points like nobody's business.

And it's not like Pronger, Seabrook and Weber are offensive black holes either, those guys are 50+ point defensemen too.

It seems obvious that they picked the most versatile players they could find. Players who can play in absolutely every single situation.

All seven defensemen can play the penalty kill and do average quite a few minutes every night for their respective teams' units. Mike Green, I can't put on any penalty kill unit. I just can't. And it's obvious neither could TC brass.

294Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed - Page 20 Empty Re: Team Canada roster -- Fisher got jobbed on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 am

Guest


Guest
Gohan wrote:I think your argument is fair, in that the East is certainly at a disadvantage with the time shift and that the East has some phenomenal individual talent, but when you watch a Western matchup (i.e. West v. West) you can clearly see the superiority of the systems. The margin of error in the West is just that much less.

Even if that wasn't so, I would still disagree with having equal representation just for the sake of so-called "fairness". That argument doesn't fly Imo.

For argument's sake, other than Green, who would you want included the D-corps, from the East?

I am not arguing that there should be equal representation in the interest of fairness. My argument is that we are not getting the best possible team when TC management is presupposing some of the picks based on their knowledge of players, a knowledge that is rooted in the Western Conference. That is all I am saying.

As far as D-men go. Green is the only Eastern guy I would like to see there, personally. The East has very solid defensemen but they are not Canadian for the most part. Chara, Kaberle, Enstrom, Gonchar etc... Seems like the West puts a premium on CDN defense.

Other than defence, players like Lecavalier and St. Louis would be players I would expect to be there. Winning pedegree, familiarity with each other and the rest of the team... bleeders of red and white. With this tournament on a North American rink, these guys should have been no brainers.

I could see Stamkos and Fisher in the mix, but to be honest I wouldn't flip out if they weren't. They are bubble guys.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum