GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Burrows goes off on ref, was the ref out to get him?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PKC wrote:

Did you know the other night during the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game that a goal was disallowed even though it was clearly past the line because the FSN Pittsburgh crew that was filming the game neglected to send an angle of the shot that revealed that the puck had gone in until after the play had continued?

That's similar to when the league officials in Toronto neglect to look at an angle that shows a good goal for Ottawa on a replay.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Well that seals it then of course Burrows is telling the truth is he stated it and Auger should be canned. Alex should be applauded for bringing this out in the exact fashion that he did.

It's all perfectly clear now. Good thing you guys are around with all the clear, substantiated evidence that points to the absolute and unquestionable guilt of Auger.

Wow. Thanks guys. :KKK:

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We've also established that the NHL has a pro-Leaf bias which translates into an anti-Ottawa agenda, no matter who the opponent is.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:We've also established that the NHL has a pro-Leaf bias which translates into an anti-Ottawa agenda, no matter who the opponent is.

Unless it's montreal, then both teams get screwed!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Case closed as far as the NHL is concerned. No evidence. Like I said before Burrows should have done this a different way. Now all he gets is a $2,500 fine for his rant.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305888

You're somehow surprised that the NHL wouldn't want to investigate claims of crooked refereeing?

Get real Clutch. The NBA is spending tens of millions of dollars trying to make people forget about Tim Donaghy and that betting scandal that supposedly only involved one referee. Like come on, do you really buy that stuff? How can you?

Just think about all of this stuff from the standpoint of common sense. Is it really that crazy to believe that referees have vendettas against teams or players?

I didn't say it didn't happen. What I said was the NHL has closed the case due to no evidence being found.

I also said that Burrows should have handled the situation differently because all he did was get himself fined.

Edit: I also never said I was surprised. I was just reporting what I found on TSN.

The league didn't find any "evidence" is the biggest pile of Dung I've ever heard. If Burrows was actually just making this all up, there would have been a bigger investigation and he would have been suspended from play for his comments.

The NHL is probably the most crooked of all of the major professional sports leagues right now. They just can't afford to be associated with any scandal especially after the brutality of the lockout and the subsequent crash of the major economies.

Did you know the other night during the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game that a goal was disallowed even though it was clearly past the line because the FSN Pittsburgh crew that was filming the game neglected to send an angle of the shot that revealed that the puck had gone in until after the play had continued?

What kind of league would allow that to happen? That's a joke in the most basic sense of the term.

That's just one of MANY plays that happen every game where the league and it's standards can be held accountable for the result.

If you think that they wouldn't cover up this refereeing thing by claiming there was no "evidence" then you're out to lunch. It's a feeder line, plain and simple.

A lack of evidence doesn't equate to Burrows making everything up, it equates to there being no evidence either way, thus he shouldn't be punished for lack of evidence. The fine was because of the path he chose to take.

Calling the NHL the most crooked of the major sports is also completely unsubstantiated. The only thing you are basing it on is the fact that it's the poorest of all major sports. That's weak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

That's similar to when the league officials in Toronto neglect to look at an angle that shows a good goal for Ottawa on a replay.

Speaking of which,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4820756&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

FSN Pittsburgh suspends a producer who did not replay video of Philly scoring a goal until after play resumed, by which time it was too late to do anything about it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
You can clearly see Auger's lips in the video (and I'd think that there's more than those 6 seconds around somewhere). A lip reader would be able to make out at least a few words. If that was done then what harm would there be in the NHL coming out and replaying what was said? In my opinion this was never done. The NHL asked him what happened, figured that it would be difficult for them to prove anything, and moved on. The $2,500 fine is quite small.

Now, what is the NHLPA stance on this? Do they have a written policy as to what a player should do if approached in this way by a referee? Does the NHL have a policy for Code of Conduct or Ethics? Surely there's something there that states you are bound to report unethical behavior and, just as surely, there has to be a clause there regarding retribution.

Sure, Burrows did not follow proper channels, but the intent to report unethical behavior certainly cannot be denied. How can they fine him if they did not come out and say that he was wrong?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote: How can they fine him if they did not come out and say that he was wrong?

They fine coaches all the time for pointing out inept officiating. Why is this different when a player does it.

Do you think that the coach only gets fined if they were wrong about there assessment of the officiating that night?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
True. They have a rule about that. In retrospect, he should have gone through proper channels, but I am not so sure these channels exist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum