GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far)

Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We're out of the round robins and into the one and done elimination.

Who hasn't lived up to expectations from any of the teams.

I assume there'll be a ton of Marty Brodeurs, but he wouldn't get my vote on Canada. There are 3 others that have been MOST disappointing to me...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nash, Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf and outside of effort I'll add Crosby.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Pronger? Neidermayer? Broduer as well. Those three.

Big fan of Morrow, but there are so many guys that can do what he does, he just doesn't seem to have that edge anymore.

Bergeron looks like a waste if all he does is play a few mins on the PK.

Should have had Mike Green on the team, no doubts anymore about that. I might get heat for this, but Jay Bo might have also been a better pick than some others based on his National experience and his speed.

Should have also taken St. Louis for his natural winger presence and his speed, and all the other things he brings (scoring, leadership). Stamkos over Joe Thornton, he's younger and faster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nash, Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf and outside of effort I'll add Crosby.

Oddly enough, the 3 I was thinking of aren't in there, but yes, Getzlaf can do a lot better - and he's a winner, so he will. Same with Nash and Iginla. Perry I'm very surprised at how weak he's appeared.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Hard to say Nash, sure he hasn't been scoring, but he's still one of the best players out there every night. Iginla's also a huge favourite of mine, I have no idea what's going on there. He's one of the classiest guys in the game, and to see him riding pine is crazy.

The only consistent player has been Heatley. Doughty has also been a rock.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pronger and Neidermeyer have not been great but I can't be disappointed if I did not expect great things from them. Same goes for Morrow, Bergeron, Thornton, Heatley and Marleau.

- Unknown Author

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
For me it's Iginla.

I want to say guys like Pronger, Nieds, Bergeron and Broduer but honestly I didn't expect much out of them to start.

Iggy has always been good on the world stage and I fully expected him to be a character player and a guy thats setting an example.

So far he has been niether.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
For me it's Neidermayer, Pronger and Thornton. Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 28774 What is wrong with you guys? Come on before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Brodeur by far. The others have been disappointing, Marty is an idiot.

Seeing a future HOF goalie doing batting practice with the puck in an international game against the USA has got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen done.

You'd expect someone like Brodeur to know better. This is beyond disappointing this is a "WTF do you think you're doing ?" kind of moment.

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore
SpezDispenser wrote:For me it's Neidermayer, Pronger and Thornton. Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 28774 What is wrong with you guys? Come on before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody had high expectations for Prongs and Nieds, so its hard to be extra dissapointed in them Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 270956

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Brodeur and Niedermayer have been huge dissapointements.

I never expected Pronger, Thornton or Bergeron so it's tough to be dissapointed on that font.

Some suprising players have been Heatley (where was this guy in Ottawa?), Doughty, Keith, Seabroook (Babcock Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 489887 ) and Crosby.

M_Christopher wrote:For me it's Iginla.

I want to say guys like Pronger, Nieds, Bergeron and Broduer but honestly I didn't expect much out of them to start.

Iggy has always been good on the world stage and I fully expected him to be a character player and a guy thats setting an example.

So far he has been niether.

Co-sign. Outside of the hattrick against Norway (Hitler could score a hattrick against them!) he's been about as miserable as imaginable.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
Completely forgot about Iggy (that's telling isn't it?)

He hasn't made any glaring mistakes, but the guy is expected to be a real leader on this team, and he seemingly hasn't been. And he darn well hasn't been producing other than against Norway.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
M_Christopher wrote:
Nobody had high expectations for Prongs and Nieds, so its hard to be extra dissapointed in them Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 270956

What do you mean? Pronger is back to his Norris form in Philly and Neidermayer is one of the best Canadian D-man in the last 25 years. I had extremely high expectations for them - especially Neidermayer. This is it old man, put it all out there.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:For me it's Neidermayer, Pronger and Thornton. Most Disappointing Player in Men's Hockey (So far) 28774 What is wrong with you guys? Come on before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Two veteran players, one of them being the captain of this team, and they were not coming in with expectations? I would have thought otherwise.

Can Canada make a huge statement here and dress their entire reserve squad in favour of some of their other players?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum