GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 1st Round Opponents

1st Round Opponents

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

161st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran
I dont care who we get its going to be tough either way. Sens have to remember just because you may own a team in the regular season doesnt mean you can own them in the playoffs. We should know this the best of anyone.

171st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Phoenix30 wrote:I dont care who we get its going to be tough either way. Sens have to remember just because you may own a team in the regular season doesnt mean you can own them in the playoffs. We should know this the best of anyone.

I'll say....2000-2001 season where we swept the leafs in the regular season...and then they swept us inthe playoffs 1st Round Opponents - Page 2 489887. Number 7 sweeping number 2 stanley cup favourite....Diddling yashin 1st Round Opponents - Page 2 395361

181st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran
Michallica wrote:Its wide open if we catch buffalo though...habs, bruins, flyers, thrashers are all in the mix then.

I doubt we catch Buffalo even if Lalime starts all the remaining games.

191st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
Bramlet07 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Its wide open if we catch buffalo though...habs, bruins, flyers, thrashers are all in the mix then.

Have you seen who they're playing in their last 5?

201st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:

Have you seen who they're playing in their last 5?

Don't know if you've noticed, but teams like Carolina, Islanders etc are more dangerous than Boston/Montreal/Rangers these days.

211st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
OK, let's break it down. Let's say the Sens win their remaining 4 games. Given the competition (Isles, Panthers, Lightning and Sabres) that is entirely possible. This would give Ottawa 47 wins (more than the Sabres could possibly have if we caught them in total points) and 99 points. Th Sabres will then have lost to the Sens (let's assume regulation), meaning they would need 4 points in the remaining 4 games to get to 100 (a tie would not be enough).

Their competition in those games: Habs, Rangers, Bruins and Devils. The Rangers is the only home game, all the rest are on the road.

The Sabres are something like 20-12-4 on the road, so it's not exactly huge detriment. All they need is to win 1 of the road games and the home game against the Rangers. Or take any two of those games past regulation and win one.

It could happen, of course, but it is extremely unlikely.

221st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:OK, let's break it down. Let's say the Sens win their remaining 4 games. Given the competition (Isles, Panthers, Lightning and Sabres) that is entirely possible. This would give Ottawa 47 wins (more than the Sabres could possibly have if we caught them in total points) and 99 points. Th Sabres will then have lost to the Sens (let's assume regulation), meaning they would need 4 points in the remaining 4 games to get to 100 (a tie would not be enough).

Their competition in those games: Habs, Rangers, Bruins and Devils. The Rangers is the only home game, all the rest are on the road.

The Sabres are something like 20-12-4 on the road, so it's not exactly huge detriment. All they need is to win 1 of the road games and the home game against the Rangers. Or take any two of those games past regulation and win one.

They 5 games remaining with a magic number of 4. We wont catch them.

231st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:32 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Sens are locked into 5th place, IMO. Don't forget that they are still sub .500 on the road this year, so I have my doubts about getting all six points on the road.

If this is to be the Sens year like 2007, once they get through the first round, it might not look like such a tough road. That year? Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Buffalo.

241st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Bramlet07 wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, let's break it down. Let's say the Sens win their remaining 4 games. Given the competition (Isles, Panthers, Lightning and Sabres) that is entirely possible. This would give Ottawa 47 wins (more than the Sabres could possibly have if we caught them in total points) and 99 points. Th Sabres will then have lost to the Sens (let's assume regulation), meaning they would need 4 points in the remaining 4 games to get to 100 (a tie would not be enough).

They 5 games remaining with a magic number of 4. We wont catch them.

Well, the Sens beat the Caps, then the Sabres lost to the Leafs.

Habs, Rags, Bees are all fighting for a playoff spot. It *could* happen. If we *assume* the Sens beat them, then they need 4 points in the other 4 games, three of them on the road. Of course that also means the Sens have to extend their streak to 10, but they've already done 11 this season.

It will be *very* interesting if the Sabres lose to the Habs and Rangers while the Sens will their next two. Then, even if they beat Boston, they will have to beat either the Sens or the Devils, or take both of them to overtime.
The Sabres are 7-3 in their last 10. For them to fail to get 4 points in 5 games would mean they cooled off in a huge way. Like a 1st round sweep, huge.

251st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:09 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't want to play the Devils. I want to enjoy some hockey.

Id rather win ugly then lose excitingly.

Thing is, the Sens aren't very good when playing boring. When's the last time they won a snoozefest?

LOL. The Florida game, just last Saturday? 1st Round Opponents - Page 2 270956

261st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:06 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Last Sens/Habs game was a snoozer too. But that started our win streak. Sux that NJ got a point in last night's loss.

271st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Cap'n Clutch gets his 20th; Karlsson's first 1st star of the game with 3 assists, Carkner's hit on Olesz (that seemed to wake him up), Sutton's crushing hit on A-Train, all those penalties in the third making it a hell of a close finish. I watched that game, and I didn't think it was a snoozefest. But I guess that's just me -- the Sens fan who doesn't watch many Sens games.

Maybe I should have just said "When's the last time they played the Devils?"

281st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This could be our first round match up (thanks to Dash):
1st Round Opponents - Page 2 Leave_10

Let the trash talking start early.

291st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Last Sens/Habs game was a snoozer too. But that started our win streak. Sux that NJ got a point in last night's loss.

For some reason I never thing Habs games are snoozers. You had Karlsson and Regin with goals, Karlsson with 2 points, Elliot with the shutout that got him going on his 3rd PotW. Plus shutting up all those Oles.

301st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:33 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
hehe they don't feel like that for habs games, you're right. But the actual gameplay was kinda dull though, in retrospect.

Point is: we win boring games, we win run and gun games. Bring it on! 1st Round Opponents - Page 2 797712

311st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:This could be our first round match up (thanks to Dash):

1st Round Opponents - Page 2 62136 Nice work Dash

321st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:hehe they don't feel like that for habs games, you're right. But the actual gameplay was kinda dull though, in retrospect.

Point is: we win boring games, we win run and gun games. Bring it on! 1st Round Opponents - Page 2 797712

Good point. Even better point (not to compete) is I hardly ever find it boring when they win Smile They just happen to play boring and lose against the Devils. And I hate that.

331st Round Opponents - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:This could be our first round match up (thanks to Dash):

1st Round Opponents - Page 2 62136 Nice work Dash

You could go over to the playoff avatar thread and + him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum