GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i think ribiero would be in play today(i've been hearing it lots and it makes sense) especially if they think they can resign Brad.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DarrenDreger Preds give Denis Grebeshkov's agent permission to talk to teams about trade. He's an rfa on July 1.

Cheap diddles

And they don't want to trade their good players either...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:i think ribiero would be in play today(i've been hearing it lots and it makes sense) especially if they think they can resign Brad.

not in the spirit of stealing SSF's mantra, but source on that one?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Chicago to make a move soon per some dude's twitter/

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Chicago to make a move soon per some dude's twitter/

one of Versteeg or Ladd I assume, Vancouver was pressing hard for Ladd I believe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ballard to Vancouver apparently?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Ballard to Vancouver apparently?

Yeah, with Oreskovich for Bernier, 25th, and somebody else I forgot.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
the trade is not official yet tsn is saying it is still conditional

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
i would guess it is official that tallon said he made the trade because he likes the players speed etc

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Grabner is the other player to Florida.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm not 100% sold on that trade from a Vancouver POV to be honest. I thought they had a real chance at Hamhuis, maybe they should have waited to test the market on Hamhuis or Volchenkov or Michalek. Kind of surprising that they wanted Ballard that bad.

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not 100% sold on that trade from a Vancouver POV to be honest. I thought they had a real chance at Hamhuis, maybe they should have waited to test the market on Hamhuis or Volchenkov or Michalek. Kind of surprising that they wanted Ballard that bad.

They still do have a real shot at Hamhuis. If they land him watch out for Vancouver. Anyways, they landed a legit top 4 D man with a ton of upside for the 25th pick in an awful draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not 100% sold on that trade from a Vancouver POV to be honest. I thought they had a real chance at Hamhuis, maybe they should have waited to test the market on Hamhuis or Volchenkov or Michalek. Kind of surprising that they wanted Ballard that bad.

They still do have a real shot at Hamhuis. If they land him watch out for Vancouver. Anyways, they landed a legit top 4 D man with a ton of upside for the 25th pick in an awful draft.

I don't know man, that 25th pick had a ton of potential. I liked some of the guys out there at 25, but yeah, they get a 25 minute a night guy in Hamhuis.

What's their cap like? It must be close to the cap with the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Ballard, Luongo.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

I don't know man, that 25th pick had a ton of potential. I liked some of the guys out there at 25, but yeah, they get a 25 minute a night guy in Hamhuis.

What's their cap like? It must be close to the cap with the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Ballard, Luongo.

There is a 0% chance if I was offered Ballard for the 25th overall pick Id say no.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Intriguing situation in Vancouver, they have 50 million committed to 17 players, but they only have 5 top six forwards. They have 7 D-men, including Salo, Bieksa, Ballard, Ehrhoff and Edler - all making 3 or more million.

So they need 4 players, have 10 million in cap space and can trade a 3 million dollar D-man...

Yeah, they're good. They can afford a LOT if they want. How the heck did that work? Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Vancouver was smart for trading for Ballard, but I don't like them giving up Grabner as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
N4L wrote:
There is a 0% chance if I was offered Ballard for the 25th overall pick Id say no.

That's the 25th, Bernier and Grabner, not just the 25th. The 25th is a nice, refreshing prospect for your system, the other two can play NHL hockey immediately. I don't know which way I am on this one. Bernier hasn't panned out, but there's still time. The wildcard is Grabner I guess.

Ballard makes a cup contender better, what good does the 25th do for them? Hardly anything. Bernier play in the playoffs? Grabner might turn out to be a good player, not really needed in Vancouver though.

Great move by The Canucks.

I love that NYR is in The East.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum