GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Rant 'n' Rave » Rogers sucks; Bell sucks; which one sucks less?

Rogers sucks; Bell sucks; which one sucks less?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I axed my cable a year ago and don't miss it. I have various not-really-legal things set up to stream me everything I want.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Haven’t had cable in years. I use teksavvy for Internet, Netflix and VPN for streaming. Gets me most of what I want and I can usually watch any hockey games through NHL stream. The days of cable are dead. They need to come up with better soltutions. Sportsnet and tsn need to come up with their own streaming services by the time the next renegotiation off with the NHL occurs.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I just found that Crave (and I think that's just the $10/month version) has several "lifestyle" shows. That should satisfy my wife's needs Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TSN does have a streaming service. It's $25ish per month and you get TSN 1 thru 5. I'm not sure how the NHL games work (if they're blacked out or not).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I cancelled cable for the summer and am using Crave for GOT and have the MLB.TV package for baseball. $160 for the year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:TSN does have a streaming service.  It's $25ish per month and you get TSN 1 thru 5.  I'm not sure how the NHL games work (if they're blacked out or not).

I thought you had to be a Rogers subscriber. The blackout regions mean everything. And I don’t want to complain but 25$ a month is kind of a lot for a streaming platform.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, for $25 you get Crave with HBO, the Movie Network, Starz (or at least a bunch of their shows).

Isn't NHL around $200 for the season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Well, it's been over a week and nobody from Bell contacted me. The problem with connection dropping was especially bad yesterday during the Leafs-Bruins game, dropping every 5-10 minutes, even after a system reboot. I checked, and my contact is actually over June 19, not May, like I thought. And then I find out that there's still no Crave channel for the Roku. Bah!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting, went to check out Primus because they offer social deals for Costco members. But because I've got FTTH for the Bell line they can't offer me internet bundles. I guess their agreement with Bell is only for DSL (explains why they only offer speeds up to 60).

Guess I'm going to check out TekSavvy, Virgin, any others?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Never dreamed that having FTTH would *reduce* my options.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have TekSavvy cable and am happy. I know a few people with CarryTel, and they're satisfied too:
https://www.carrytel.ca/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
With 3 TVs and numerous other screens, 3 kids plus the adults, if I cut broadcast tv and only use streaming I think I'll need 100Mbps service and up. That cuts out DSL.

I tried the TekSavvy site but the availability check is not working. At least not on my phone.

I'm also thinking of getting rid of my home phone line and porting my old number to my mobile. Save a little more.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It seems at least once a year I come back to this thread to rant.

I asked Bell why my bill was so high (went from $152 at the start of the contract to nearly $196 in the latest bill) and they couldn't give me a straight answer. A while back I looked at the bill in detail and noticed that I was being billed for *two* PVRs (one was credited back because that was part of the bundle contract). Apparently a tech left an extra PVR at my house (he came to help me install the replacement one when the original would not connect upstairs -- he tried that one, plus two more from his van until he got one that connected). Anyhow it was sitting in the box that I shoved in the corner of the room and I had no idea it was there.

I finally called them up about it and they will happily refund me ($20 x 21 months!) after I return the equipment. To return the equipment all I have to do is go to bell.ca/equipmentreturns and print out a shipping label and then take it to the post office. Why I couldn't just drop it off at a Bell store is beyond my understanding.

Anyhow, I go to that URL and it's just instructions on what to do but no link to a shipping label. There is a link to Canada Post and Purolator but that just goes to their home page. There is also a link to My Bell so you can deactivate your equipment (presumably that might lead me to a return shipping label), but since the extra box does not show up there I would be deactivating the PVR I am using.

So I click the "chat" button and explain my situation to the agent. She tells me to go to the page I'm already on. She tells me to "click on the blue link" and I explain to her that there are several and none of them lead me to a shipping label. I explain also about not wanting to deactivate my PVR (incidentally, if the extra PVR does not show up in the list of my equipment how are they charging me rent for it?). She says, "I see" and tells me that she will send me the shipping label by email. First I have to give her my full name, one-bill account number, PIN, e-mail.

Ten minutes later I receive the e-mail and the only thing there is a link to the same blasted page I was already on!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I might have to plug the PVR in to get it activated on the network, then it will show up in my list of equipment so I could de-activate it and possibly get a shipping label to print out.

Of course knowing Bell that would probably add a third PVR to my bill and I'd be in the same boat.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Another half hour wasted with another chat agent. Explaining my sad-sack story for the umpteenth time. I should just copy paste it from here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Holy Hell! Got back on the chat and had to re-explain everything. After some back-and-forth I asked if maybe I have to plug it in, get it activated, just so I can deactivate it to get a shipping label (the agent was actually going to de-activate my PVR that I'm actually using). Agent says, yeah, that might be a good idea. So I run upstairs grab the extra PVR, plug it in, hook the TV up to it, then wait. And I don't have a remote for it but I'm hoping the IR slim from the non-PVR box will work for simple things like navigating menus (agent said something about going to menu-6-1-3 or something like that).

Except it detects a set-top problem and says to call xxx-xxx-xxxx (no sh*t, Xs and not an actual number) and that the STB will auto-reboot at the end of self test.

I run back downstairs to let the agent know the latest. Then back upstairs to check the ST. The remote is not working, it is telling me something about not finding the VAP and some instructions involving navigating the menu, except the remote doesn't work.

Run back downstairs to update the agent on the latest but the agent left and now I have to wait for a new agent. And then when the new agent finally appears he says "Thank you for choosing Bell. How may I help you" or something like that.

So I have to start from scratch???!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I think I wasted 2 hours today between twitter interactions with the Bell support account, phone call, three agent chats and running around trying to get the PVR activated.

All because some tech left an extra PVR in my house which I never ordered, never used but somehow got charged to the tune of $20 x 21 plus taxes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I think I wasted 2 hours today between twitter interactions with the Bell support account, phone call, three agent chats and running around  trying to get the PVR activated.  

All because some tech left an extra PVR in my house which I never ordered, never used but somehow got charged to the tune of $20 x 21 plus taxes.

And I'm still not done. I should have just said they charged me for a second PVR which I never had and then sold the extra one on kijiji.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum