GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft?

[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who Will the Sens Draft (#16 Overall)?

[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap224%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 5 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap210%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap229%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 6 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap210%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap210%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Empty Re: [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:And Bjugstad? Any opinions on him? 6'5 scoring centre -- seems like he fits the bill, too. Am I missing something?

High School kid, tough to actually get a solid read on him. It's like being drafted out of midget hockey. Sure, he domiantes but really, the compition is lacking to say the least.

Lee and Turris (among others) are prime examples of why choosing high school kids high is a terrible idea. They may both turn out in the end, but right now, they look like bad selections.

Turris wasn't a high-school pick. He played in the BCHL like Bennett.

77[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Empty Re: [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Guest


Guest
asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:I dont think teams touch him who need a sure fire NHLer, ie low risk. Murray can actually do that having Spezza here despite both yours and I opinions on him. He doesnt need to step in and be anything more then a 2nd or 3rd line guy. No pressure on him with Spezza here and that actually gives him time to develope and learn without being crucified like he would be in Ottawa.

MacFarland is available at 19, I dont have too much doubt about that.

I've never met McFarland but from what I've read, pressure wasn't really the issue - allegedly when he was drafted he had a sort of Kabanov-like complex and father and expected everything to be handed to him. He didn't battle for the puck, he didn't treat his team-mates well, etc. He became physical when he was frustrated and not scoring (actually, though, that's better than just becoming invisible like Kovalev). This past season, I read that goalies figured out a move that gave him success last season, which led to a slow start offensively.

There was a clear commitment to improving his defence this season, which hopefully means he's out-grown some of the bad attitude that had some people comparing him to Rob Schremp (with less junior success). It's also incredible to watch him play for Canada where he has more talent around him instead of the lousy Wolves - this would hopefully be the benefit of playing in the NHL, although he would at the same time be against better competition.

Even with Stamkos-like skills, I see him as a complementary player more than a guy to build around. But, of course, I don't think you should be holding out hope that your mid-first-round pick will be a franchise player. And, maybe if he cracks the Sens' roster quickly enough, he'd learn a little from His Alfieship.

I agree with all of that, Im just saying that sometimes having support up top like a Spezza who is the legit 1st line center in Ottawa without doubt can allow a kid like MacFarland to come in and really produce and get comfortable at The NHL level very quickly.

Say Nashville takes him with their pick, he's going to be thrust into that number 1/2 center role within a few years, they have no other options at this point. That could kill a career, especially someone who has attitude problems and seems to get discouraged.

Ottawa takes him, he is put in a place where he can probably succeed right away. He will have some tallent surrounding him on the wings and the pressure is on the top guys in Ottawa, not on him. A lot like Getzlaf in Anahiem with MacDonald there.

I think both Ottawa and MacFarland are a perfect match, it just makes so much sense on so many levels.

78[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Empty Re: [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
N4L wrote:I agree with all of that, Im just saying that sometimes having support up top like a Spezza who is the legit 1st line center in Ottawa without doubt can allow a kid like MacFarland to come in and really produce and get comfortable at The NHL level very quickly.

Say Nashville takes him with their pick, he's going to be thrust into that number 1/2 center role within a few years, they have no other options at this point. That could kill a career, especially someone who has attitude problems and seems to get discouraged.

Ottawa takes him, he is put in a place where he can probably succeed right away. He will have some tallent surrounding him on the wings and the pressure is on the top guys in Ottawa, not on him. A lot like Getzlaf in Anahiem with MacDonald there.

I think both Ottawa and MacFarland are a perfect match, it just makes so much sense on so many levels.

So long as Murray thinks it's a motivation/environment issue and not a hockey IQ issue, I'm in total agreement. It's not like picking Seguin but the boom is arguably about as high.

79[Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 Empty Re: [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Guest


Guest
Exactly. Murray has to try and hit a homerun here. The guy to do that with is MacFarland IMO. We'll see though but my money is on him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:McFarland, Skinner and Burmie. One of these three needs to be a Sen tonight IMO.

if by Burmie you mean Burmistov, that is a pipe dream, the Sens are going anti Russia in the first round anyway, possibly the whole draft. I am being intrigued this draft by McFarland as I was a couple years back about Kassian, but let's hope I don't have to watch another team pick the player I was hoping to be a Sen, mind you, the year Kassian was drafted, which I think was last year, we got Cowen, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Burmistov is your regular "russian" player personally. I think he's got the goods to step into a top 6 role with the Sens next year. I love this kid and I love Skinner. Those are my two pipe dreams. If you mean you think they'll be gone, then I can see that, but if Murray doesn't draft Burmie because he's Russian...that's a mistake.

McFarland is my third choice, he's a tough looking MF. I like the skill-set too.

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:McFarland, Skinner and Burmie. One of these three needs to be a Sen tonight IMO.

if by Burmie you mean Burmistov, that is a pipe dream, the Sens are going anti Russia in the first round anyway, possibly the whole draft. I am being intrigued this draft by McFarland as I was a couple years back about Kassian, but let's hope I don't have to watch another team pick the player I was hoping to be a Sen, mind you, the year Kassian was drafted, which I think was last year, we got Cowen, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Burmistov is your regular "russian" player personally. I think he's got the goods to step into a top 6 role with the Sens next year. I love this kid and I love Skinner. Those are my two pipe dreams. If you mean you think they'll be gone, then I can see that, but if Murray doesn't draft Burmie because he's Russian...that's a mistake.

McFarland is my third choice, he's a tough looking MF. I like the skill-set too.

looks like they are going to make that big mistake then, quoting past history drafting russians as the reason not to from what I have been hearing/reading. I would say Skinner, unless there are unforeseen circumstances, he is gone before # 16. McFarland should be available, and will have to be scooped up as quick as possible if Murray even has an inkling anyone else wants him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

They should throw away nationality and pick the best player available.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yes they should, luckily Murray, Dorion and Forsberg are some of the best in the business.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
My opinion is that Burmistrov or Tarasenko would be a better pick than MacFarland, but hey I'm not a scout or a GM.

Garrioch's mock draft was Dung, he didn't even have Tarasenko in the first round.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
In my opinion, McFarland and Kabanov are equal in a lot of ways. They have both dropped significantly because of off ice problems, and they both possess a tonne of skills, but I think Kabanov is as the edge in that department. So its the deciding factor taking a Canadian over a Russian?

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

Director of player personnel Pierre Dorion said the team is unlikely to take a Russian player, meaning 6-0, 159-pound Alex Burmistrov of the Barrie Colts is probably out of the question.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Clubs+lining+acquire+Spezza/3198182/story.html#ixzz0rtBtmwzj

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

Director of player personnel Pierre Dorion said the team is unlikely to take a Russian player, meaning 6-0, 159-pound Alex Burmistrov of the Barrie Colts is probably out of the question.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Clubs+lining+acquire+Spezza/3198182/story.html#ixzz0rtBtmwzj

Source?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He could be lying, you don't want to give away who you're really interested in.

and yes Kabanov would be sweet too...if he drops to the second, he is the biggest steal in years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

Director of player personnel Pierre Dorion said the team is unlikely to take a Russian player, meaning 6-0, 159-pound Alex Burmistrov of the Barrie Colts is probably out of the question.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Clubs+lining+acquire+Spezza/3198182/story.html#ixzz0rtBtmwzj

Smokescreen? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:You think they'd turn their back on Burmie just because he's Russian? I don't know man...

Director of player personnel Pierre Dorion said the team is unlikely to take a Russian player, meaning 6-0, 159-pound Alex Burmistrov of the Barrie Colts is probably out of the question.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Clubs+lining+acquire+Spezza/3198182/story.html#ixzz0rtBtmwzj

Source?

was reading it on the can, oh wait, we don't get that paper here, you won't accept pulled it out of my Donkey? [Poll] Who do you think the Sens will draft? - Page 6 270956

SensFan71


All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:He could be lying, you don't want to give away who you're really interested in.

and yes Kabanov would be sweet too...if he drops to the second, he is the biggest steal in years.

see Kabby play a lot here with the Cats as well, huge skillset, apparent attitude/commitment issues, but I have not seen that in the games I watched.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
SensFan71 wrote:see Kabby play a lot here with the Cats as well, huge skillset, apparent attitude/commitment issues, but I have not seen that in the games I watched.

I think the Canadiens take him at 27.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum