GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Rangers to put Redden on waivers at noon today

Rangers to put Redden on waivers at noon today

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Yeah that's true haha, didn't even think of that. I'm sure they can get cheap flights at travelocity or something Sarcasm

Or Redden can *buy* them a plane.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, that was my first thought.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
And Kovalev can pilot it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We're trading Kovalev to the Rangers and he's being waived to Hartford?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:We're trading Kovalev to the Rangers and he's being waived to Hartford?

Hey now ... Gonchar and Kovalev on the PP is one of the stories to watch for this year.

Not seeing Kovalev in the playoffs is one of the biggest regrets from last year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Has Wayne been claimed yet?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Redden assigned to the Rangers' AHL affiliate Hartford Wolf Pack today:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335424

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Unreal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
AHL fans will finally get to see what an "elite first-pass" is in person.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Will be interesting to see his stats in the AHL...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:
Hey now ... Gonchar and Kovalev on the PP is one of the stories to watch for this year.

Not seeing Kovalev in the playoffs is one of the biggest regrets from last year.

Yeah, I agree, it was in response to someone suggesting that Redden but Hartford a little plane and Prager saying that Kovalev could pilot it.

The hockey nerd in me immediately did the implications of that and realized that he'd have to be traded to the Rangers, then waived to Hartford for that to happen. Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Will be interesting to see his stats in the AHL...

Will he actually report?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
PKC wrote:
shabbs wrote:Will be interesting to see his stats in the AHL...

Will he actually report?

I can think of 23 million reasons why he will. No question.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:
shabbs wrote:Will be interesting to see his stats in the AHL...

Will he actually report?

I can think of 23 million reasons why he will. No question.

What options does he have in the CBA? If he doesn't report, does that void his contract? Or is he suspended without pay until he reports? Can he negotiate a buy-out of his contract? Can he be released? Can he file a complaint with the NHLPA?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
No options if he doesn't have a NMC. I guess he could find a doctor who could write him a note.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the only other option is to negotiate a deal with the KHL. Then they'd loan him.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:No options if he doesn't have a NMC. I guess he could find a doctor who could write him a note.

I wonder what the wording is on his contract. I'd be interested to know if it says he has a legal commitment to play for the New York Rangers or for the New York Rangers organization...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
the most amazing part in all this is that today sathers is still in charge of the NYR... what does that man have to do to get fired?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum