GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
Montreal just acquired Wisniewski for a 2011 2nd and a 2012 5th. Solid move for them.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Yup, probably the kind of guy needed in Ottawa right now, isn't he?

Mind you, I don't want any trades unless Ottawa is selling.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:Montreal just acquired Wisniewski for a 2011 2nd and a 2012 5th. Solid move for them.

you're right, that's a pretty solid move. More defensive depth, leading d-man scorer for the isles, very good move all around.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
So hearing that Todd White is on waivers, and while I know he is likely not capable of doing what he did in Atlanta, but at a capt hit of $2,375,000 with one year left, is he a possible fit in Ottawa (if they decide to sell and could use the services of a veteran C who has a history in Ottawa)?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:Yup, probably the kind of guy needed in Ottawa right now, isn't he?

Mind you, I don't want any trades unless Ottawa is selling.

Not in my opinion; not at all. Ottawa needs a strong defensive presence; a shut-down guy. Someone like the Chris Phillips we once knew.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I must have been mistaken, I thought Wis was a Defensive type.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Dash wrote:I must have been mistaken, I thought Wis was a Defensive type.

He is almost the exact opposite IMO. Watch him for yourself next time you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
I will take your word, I guess I thought for some reason he was a DFD. May have been cause I thought he had a nasty streak to him, I remember the hit on Seabrook.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So Darryl Sutter is done in Calgary; Ken King had this to say: "He did an exceptional job of taking us to the point where we now are."

Sarcasm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:So Darryl Sutter is done in Calgary; Ken King had this to say: "He did an exceptional job of taking us to the point where we now are."

Sarcasm

At least he is honest Laugh1

They say that Brent Sutter is safe, at least for this season, makes me wonder. Keenan seemed to be a better job.

I'm curious what Jay Feaster will do, he can't do much.

Isles could've gotten more for Wis than that no ? They're pretty much admitting they're tanking.

I feel sorry for Tavares getting his first few years in the NHL in an environment like that.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
Did anyone else just see PK Subban nail Jason Chimera to the ice and then proceed to stand over top, looking down at him for the next 3 seconds?

That won't make him many more friends around the league, but I love it.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
I'm just wondering if there is anybody on this site that doesn't acknowledge that Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player on the planet right now?

Can somebody create that as a poll?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:So Darryl Sutter is done in Calgary; Ken King had this to say: "He did an exceptional job of taking us to the point where we now are."

Sarcasm
i'm surprised someone didn't stop him before. someone should of pulled the plug on his Donkey BEFORE he re-acquired jokinen this summer. desperate moves.

CockRoche wrote:I'm just wondering if there is anybody on this site that doesn't acknowledge that Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player on the planet right now?

Can somebody create that as a poll?

As long as there are people that walk around with AO's flaccid penis in their mouths, Sidney will never get the full credit he probably deserves.

I agree though, right now, Crosby is on another level, all by himself.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
I'm still pissed that we (Karlsson-Phillips) were so close to shutting him down and EK was so close to getting that third goal. The game could have been summarized as "Karlsson shuts down Crosby and simultaneously scores hattrick" but instead it's become just another "Crosby extends streak" game.

We're probably not making the playoffs, so that would have been the highlight of the season. But I guess it's better for us contract-wise if Karlsson remains a little under the radar league-wide.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
I agree though, right now, Crosby is on another level, all by himself.

Crosby works hard to improve himself every year in the offseason.

Ovechkin goes partying, picking up girls, getting drunk etc.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is Crosby still living with Mario?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
The Islanders are only $2,284,492 away from the cap floor. Obviously that includes the $6,000,000 they are paying Yashin and Witt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum