GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran
You guys are crazy; you should be watching the CHL Prospects game on Sportsnet.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
CockRoche wrote:You guys are crazy; you should be watching the CHL Prospects game on Sportsnet.

Intermission, so I posted a bit on the 2011 NHL draft topic. NOw getting back on the couch General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 54934

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran
marakh wrote:
CockRoche wrote:You guys are crazy; you should be watching the CHL Prospects game on Sportsnet.

Intermission, so I posted a bit on the 2011 NHL draft topic. NOw getting back on the couch General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 54934

I saw that and I just responded actually. It was quite the shift by RNH.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran
And another great pass from RNH.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Is this game a good indicator of talent? Only reason I asko is, it could be argued that:

YES - because the best of the best are playing together, thus the overall skill level is higher, so better players will stand out; or...

NO - the best players will dominate because they are that much better than the rest of the guys who may or may not be much better than AHLers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gaborik with 4 goals tonight... so far... Rags up 6-0 on the Leafs.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:Is this game a good indicator of talent? Only reason I asko is, it could be argued that:

YES - because the best of the best are playing together, thus the overall skill level is higher, so better players will stand out; or...

NO - the best players will dominate because they are that much better than the rest of the guys who may or may not be much better than AHLers.

Well, first there's very little chemistry between the players, for obvious reasons. Second, it's just one game, so it's not always the case that the top prospects are the best players in the game. I don't recall P. Kane being particularly impressive in his top-prospect game but obviously it didn't really effect his draft stock.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vokoun and the Panthers gave up a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 to CBJ.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Leafs getting pounded by the Rags.. 4-0 in the first.

Evidently, Gustavsson was pulled.

So, if he was the "Best Goalie Not in the NHL" before getting signed, now that he's in the NHL, what is he? Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

So, if he was the "Best Goalie Not in the NHL" before getting signed, now that he's in the NHL, what is he? Sarcasm
About to be replaced by Reimer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

About to be replaced by Reimer.

Haha, yeah probably, but no one could have stopped the suck in NY tonight. Brutal.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Vokoun and the Panthers gave up a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 to CBJ.

Leafs get pounded and now this. tank nation will not be happy...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:Vokoun and the Panthers gave up a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 to CBJ.

Leafs get pounded and now this. tank nation will not be happy...

That was in OT and it's actually good for TN. CBJ now has 3 more points than Florida, but with 2 more games played.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Leafs and Flames both got shellacked and blanked last night...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crosby is still out with post-concussion symptoms and has not even started skating... an appearance at the NHL All Star game seems to be in jeopardy now. The Pens are no longer providing updates on his progress and have gone dark.

Crosby did call Shanahan to discuss the All Star game...

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=349947

Who could we see as Captains for the All Star game now?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Crosby is still out with post-concussion symptoms and has not even started skating... an appearance at the NHL All Star game seems to be in jeopardy now. The Pens are no longer providing updates on his progress and have gone dark.

They named the captains already. It's Eric Staal and Lidstrom

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
As for Crosby, if he's healthy enough, he'll be there for the photo op, interviews etc... Not as good as being in the game and the competitions but it still gets his face on camera.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Crosby is still out with post-concussion symptoms and has not even started skating... an appearance at the NHL All Star game seems to be in jeopardy now. The Pens are no longer providing updates on his progress and have gone dark.

They named the captains already. It's Eric Staal and Lidstrom
Well I'll be... must have been snoozing on that one...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum