GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Twitter it up at GMHockey

Twitter it up at GMHockey

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 am

22_4_ever


Sophomore
Sophomore
Ok, so I'm going to admit that this is one thing about the new technology that has me lost. I get the whole instant message thing, what I don't know is how to twitter or whether anyone can.

I'm a season ticket holder and as a result I'm at all the games (minus about 10 a year which I give away). If someone can explain the benefit of twitter, or what if anything they'd want twittered (is that a verb?) from the game/arena in person then I'd gladly volunteer to twitter.

Just need to know how I can twitter to the gmhockey account, or do I just twitter to my own and it automatically replicates?

Now if you'll excuse me, I finally feel old.

17Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:45 am

Riprock


All-Star
All-Star
Hey 22;

Anyone can Twitter... you just need to register... just need an email and a unique username... and that is it...

Then once you are set up you can start searching for people to "follow" (subscribe to their 'tweets') and as well people can "follow" you.

You can set your privacy too, so that only people you allow to follow you can seer your messages.

You can also set up Twitter on your mobile phone.

18Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
So RooneyPoo has been traded to the Leafs, eh?

19Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:So RooneyPoo has been traded to the Leafs, eh?
Voros, not Parros. And Voros was with the Ducks' AHL affiliate and will report to the Marlies.

20Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

21Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dash wrote:Hey 22;

Anyone can Twitter... you just need to register... just need an email and a unique username... and that is it...

Then once you are set up you can start searching for people to "follow" (subscribe to their 'tweets') and as well people can "follow" you.

You can set your privacy too, so that only people you allow to follow you can seer your messages.

You can also set up Twitter on your mobile phone.

I think the question was about automatic re-tweets. 22 is at 30+ home games and could tweet during the game (assuming you have one of those newfangled mobile qwerty-enabled thingamajigs). Can we set up something in the GMHockey twitter profile to automatically re-tweet? Maybe filter for specific keywords that we will all agree to use. For example, when I create a GDT I have to sign out as MrMontagoose, then sign in as GMHockey to tweet. It would speed things up if we could just tweet it as ourselves, maybe use a specific format with GMHockey in the tweet (e.g. "#Ottawa #Senators host the #Buffalo #Sabres tonight -- join the discussion at GMHockey.com: bitly link"). Then the GMHockey could filter for the GNHockey keyword and automatically re-tweet it.

Can this be done? Is there a risk of a tweet-storm if some of us set up similar automatic re-tweets?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

22Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:So RooneyPoo has been traded to the Leafs, eh?
Voros, not Parros. And Voros was with the Ducks' AHL affiliate and will report to the Marlies.

I guess I'm too late to come in and clean up by deleting my post, eh?

Wait, I can delete your post as well. Then my reply to yours.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

23Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not aware of any automatic re-tweeting that can be done.

Perhaps TweetDeck has some features that can handle that.

Some Twitter clients can handle multiple accounts at the same time Prager... I believe UberTwitter can do that.

24Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

No love for MrMontagoose?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

25Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:So RooneyPoo has been traded to the Leafs, eh?
Voros, not Parros. And Voros was with the Ducks' AHL affiliate and will report to the Marlies.

I guess I'm too late to come in and clean up by deleting my post, eh?

Wait, I can delete your post as well. Then my reply to yours.
That that would be abuse of power...

Wink

26Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

No love for MrMontagoose?

Who's MrMontagoose? I don't just follow GMHockey - I favourite it. Ahhhhh!

27Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:SpezDispenser is my name on Twitter as well. Follow along! I'm currently following Dash, SG11 and Spader.

No love for MrMontagoose?

Maybe because you need to update your account to SIRMontagoose?

28Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A BlackBerry + Twitter Client = awesomeness.

Info on the go no matter where you are.

29Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Somebody joined recently and promised an Iphone App for viewing GMHockey but I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall and it's been a while and no further contact unfortunately.

Any ideas on how to get such a thing off the ground? What about a GMHockey client for Blackberry? Thoughts tech savy people?

30Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If you're following me on Twitter and you have a unique name from what you have here, let me know it's you by sending me a direct message.

31Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Somebody joined recently and promised an Iphone App for viewing GMHockey but I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall and it's been a while and no further contact unfortunately.

Any ideas on how to get such a thing off the ground? What about a GMHockey client for Blackberry? Thoughts tech savy people?
It would probably be better served to see if Forumotion had a mobile friendly layout that users could select when browsing with a mobile device. Creating a client just to browse GMHockey's forum seems like a lot of effort for a single function.

32Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
Setting up a twitter account now...if there is anything you want me to twitter while at the game I'll learn how and start to do it....

33Twitter it up at GMHockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter it up at GMHockey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
22_4_ever wrote:Setting up a twitter account now...if there is anything you want me to twitter while at the game I'll learn how and start to do it....


Believe me, there's nothing to it. You have 140 characters to tweet with. You just...type what you want, when you want. That's the beauty of it.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum