GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

76REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:And you formed that opinion by listening to actual fans calling in to the talk shows like I did?

I'm sure the airwaves were buzzing with Italians wanting Italian players on the team.

They're not even really Italian, they are second or third generation Italians lol.

man oh man, I would love to observe what happens when you tell some of my 2nd or 3rd generation italian friends they're not "really italians". lol. That would be a lot of fun.

For what it's worth, I'm Italian too.

77REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 7:24 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
^ true

78REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They had Byfuglien, Dawes, Stewart, Oduya, Kane at one point.

It was a good idea, IMO for that market. No need to dance around what they were attempting to do there.

Yeah, it's not like Les Habitants haven't been doing it for years. And not always with French-speaking players. Cammalleri is there to get the Italian community engaged (at least for the months when calcio is not on). Sergio Momesso was not a very good player, but he was very, very popular.

Disagree about that. Cammalleri is their because he scores goals, not because of his last name. Plus, he is also Jewish, so you could say he's attracting the Jewish community, and he could sell some smoked meat.

Main point, in Habs land, you don't need to attract new fans, they already have plenty.

Smoked meat is pretty universal. It's lox that needs a boost.

79REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
if we had drafted kadri, we most likely would have had some shawarma shops open up at sbp. and the lebanese crowd certainly would have come in droves to sbp so higher attendance too.

sadly, that would have been the only good reason to draft Kadri. He sucks Smile

80REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Mmmmm, shwarma. Drool

81REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 11:39 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Mmmmm, shwarma. Drool

Imagine 20K fans stinking up the joint with their garlic breaths.....

Now I'm craving some shawarmas. there's a pretty decent place next to hockey sushi, maybe I'll head there.

82REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:

Now I'm craving some shawarmas. there's a pretty decent place next to hockey sushi, maybe I'll head there.

My parents were visiting on the weekend, so I got their family meal, which is supposed to feed *four*. There's six of us, with my parents, that was 8 people (4 adults, two teenaged boys, two girls). We ate and ate, then some of us (I won't name names) had some of the leftovers as a late snack, and the next day there was still some left. And right now I still have a medium-sized container with the rice and potatoes, and a small one with humus and garlic sauce. That meal cost $34.95. Get it quick before these guys put themselves out of business.

83REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I just ate Shawarma. I blame GMHockey.

84REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 1:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:

My parents were visiting on the weekend, so I got their family meal, which is supposed to feed *four*. There's six of us, with my parents, that was 8 people (4 adults, two teenaged boys, two girls). We ate and ate, then some of us (I won't name names) had some of the leftovers as a late snack, and the next day there was still some left. And right now I still have a medium-sized container with the rice and potatoes, and a small one with humus and garlic sauce. That meal cost $34.95. Get it quick before these guys put themselves out of business.

quite the bang for your buck. Their large shawarmas are always stuffed with ingredients. Good stuff and cheaper than other shawarma places Drool

85REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 1:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:I just ate Shawarma. I blame GMHockey.

you got shawarmas in morrisburg?? damn...

86REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:

you got shawarmas in morrisburg?? damn...

Nah. I work in Ottawa but I usually get my fix in Cornwall.

87REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do you now felafel?

88REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:

Do you now felafel?

I'm full (afel).

89REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit! I'm reading through the posts and I'm gonna have to go and destroy a Shawarma later. Dammit!

90REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, all signs are pointing to tomorrow being the day they announce the move... but no one is confirming anything... we shall see...

91REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Mon May 30, 2011 9:29 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Well, all signs are pointing to tomorrow being the day they announce the move... but no one is confirming anything... we shall see...

I don't see what this has to do with mediterranean food. Please stay on topic

92REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:

Do you now felafel?
had felafel yesterday. best one in a long time. figure the Thais make better felafel then middle eastern folks. less dry. nice Smile

93REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 6 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE on Tue May 31, 2011 6:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow! with tsn running a story on this every day i can't see this not happening.

I have to say i feel bad for the fans in Atlanta.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum