GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

162011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:No way they show that McNeill part if they actually wanted him.

No way they interview him twice if they don't.

172011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm gonna say Strome because he is the only guy I have actually seen play. Zibenajed seems to be a guy everyone is talking about right now but I have never seen him play. I am just as ignorant as everyone else when it comes to that guy. If I had to guess the top 10 will go like this

NRH
Larsson
Huberdeau
Landeskog
Couturier
Zibenejed
Strome
Hamilton
McNeil (love him like Landeskog)
Murphy

McNeill will probably drop a bit, he did not interview well.

Do you think nervousness can be part of the reason?

182011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:

and after 2 interviews, they came to realize that they don't like him! lol

I'm not showing that to the public if I want hmi. Notice Landeskog, Strome, and Zibanejad were not shown yet.

192011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm gonna say Strome because he is the only guy I have actually seen play. Zibenajed seems to be a guy everyone is talking about right now but I have never seen him play. I am just as ignorant as everyone else when it comes to that guy. If I had to guess the top 10 will go like this

NRH
Larsson
Huberdeau
Landeskog
Couturier
Zibenejed
Strome
Hamilton
McNeil (love him like Landeskog)
Murphy

McNeill will probably drop a bit, he did not interview well.

Do you think nervousness can be part of the reason?

I don't. He clearly rehearsed his answers and practiced saying a lot without saying anything. I imagine he loosened up in his breakfast interview.

202011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:20 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

I'm not showing that to the public if I want hmi. Notice Landeskog, Strome, and Zibanejad were not shown yet.

The Sens don't want Huberdeau. They showed him on the vid.

212011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

They showed hm because they won't get him/won't trad up to get him. They would obviously want RNH too.

222011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

They showed hm because they won't get him/won't trad up to get him. They would obviously want RNH too.

Ah, I see. So you can interpret who they want and don't based on their ranking and placement in the video. That's impressive. I never met anyone who could speak "video" before. Vertigo

232011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

But he was the player they watched during the regular season more than any other..

242011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

But he was the player they watched during the regular season more than any other..

I was being sarcastic. Ev was saying that they wouldn't show the McNeill interview if they wanted him on the team. I was extending that claim to cover other interviews that they showed.

252011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yes and I believe they know Huberdeau is going to Florida or Colorado.

They know what the Top 3 is.

262011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Yes and I believe they know Huberdeau is going to Florida or Colorado.

That much is almost certainly true. I just don't think that you can make any objective claims based on the video. I understand your position, but I don't agree.

I probably should have just said that to begin with, rather than be a jerk about it. Sorry 'bout that.

272011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Yes and I believe they know Huberdeau is going to Florida or Colorado.

That much is almost certainly true. I just don't think that you can make any objective claims based on the video. I understand your position, but I don't agree.

I probably should have just said that to begin with, rather than be a jerk about it. Sorry 'bout that.

Naw it's cool, I like being jerked around.

282011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:45 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

Naw it's cool, I like being jerked around.

Hmm. Potential for a Drums , but I'll let it go.

292011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:20 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
marakh wrote:SpezD changes his tune every 2 days Laugh1

As for the article, there are some truth but I wouldn't certainly put him 13th. I'd say 6-7th after the other forwards. I certainly wouldn't trade up to get Landeskog. He can be a 1st line player I think but I don't expect him to be that much better than he is today, unline guys like Huberdeau, Strome and RNH who completely dominated the league while being as big or way smaller than the competition. Huberdeau won the memorial Cup against a Mississauga team full of 19 and 20 year olds and I like that. Other previous similar prospects are Claude Giroux and Zach Parise, who were taken after bigger guys like Steve Bernier, James Sheppard and Peter Mueller who had good rookie seasons but clearly didn't get any better after that.
It's not a science but it is a valid argument.

I have not seen Strome play so don't know a lot about him other than what other people are saying. Huberdeau is a very good player... but did it also help him having a lot of very good players around him... where Couterier played with a lot less talent? Does that even come into play?

It does, but then again RNH and Huberdeau owned International tournaments and were easily above everyone else during the Prospects game (they destroyed Don Cherry's team on 2 different lines). But that's still a small sample size so who knows. Here'd how I look at things: In the last Calendar year, starting at the 09-10 playoffs, Huberdeau has played, consistently, like a superstar

302011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Ultimately, IMO the best picks are skilled players who have lots of room to grow physically, and yet are willing to play a gritty game and go into dirty areas.

312011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
c'mon you guys. the senate reform videos show you absolutely nothing. there's no signs in there. I saw the same thing as you and it doesn't lead me in thinking what their order of drafting will be like. Appart for the fact that they interview Hamilton and that could send a message they'd pick him with the 6th I don't think there's much to be read into it.

when is the 3rd one coming out?

322011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:c'mon you guys. the senate reform videos show you absolutely nothing. there's no signs in there. I saw the same thing as you and it doesn't lead me in thinking what their order of drafting will be like. Appart for the fact that they interview Hamilton and that could send a message they'd pick him with the 6th I don't think there's much to be read into it.

This.

332011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:15 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:c'mon you guys. the senate reform videos show you absolutely nothing. there's no signs in there. I saw the same thing as you and it doesn't lead me in thinking what their order of drafting will be like. Appart for the fact that they interview Hamilton and that could send a message they'd pick him with the 6th I don't think there's much to be read into it.

This.

this???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum