GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
rooneypoo wrote:Proteau is a total tool box. He gets basic facts wrong and then, when readers point it out in the comments' section, he deletes the post AND bans them. I speak from experience.

My cats are smarter, and better writers to boot, than him. He makes Bruce Garrioch look like the second coming of Cervantes.

Here's a Proto tool box Smile

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 50063

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I have to admit that I like some of the detailing -- the keyboard trim *inside* and the guitar strings across the numbers.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 0713-nsh-newroads
wow I'm a guitar player and I think it's tacky. good job trying to reach out to the redneckscowboys.
what's the super yellow look for.. representing weat fields? seriously... good team, good hockey personel seriously crap at marketing their franchise..

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Now that is a nice move.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Never has such a convincing case been made for Israel's right to exist (in hockey tournaments).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I have to admit that I like some of the detailing -- the keyboard trim *inside* and the guitar strings across the numbers.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 0713-nsh-newroads
wow I'm a guitar player and I think it's tacky. good job trying to reach out to the redneckscowboys.
what's the super yellow look for.. representing weat fields? seriously... good team, good hockey personel seriously crap at marketing their franchise..

Yeah, with the six strings they completely alienated the bass players, ukulele players, the Russian 7-string players, the banjo players and, of course, the fiddlers.

I'm just joking, of course. The Tweety Bird comparisons will not go away, though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:

Now that is a nice move.

I had TSN on while on the elliptical just now and saw that. Nice. Not something you'd do in the NHL except one night a year. A nice Russian-Jewish name, too Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
drosennhl Dan Rosen
by NHL
Capitals announce Karl Alzner signed 2-year deal. @VogsCaps saying it's worth $2.57 mil. That's a bargain. Another shrewd signing by McPhee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Proteau wanted us to go for band-aid solutions? Brilliant. We're one of the few teams in the league rebuilding properly, we didn't go for band-aids are we're being criticized. Not sure he knows what he's talking about enough to do a team by team analysis - and that's not really a diss, it's the truth. It's hard enough to know what you need to know about one team, nevermind trying to do it for 10-15 teams or whatever he's attempting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Proteau wanted us to go for band-aid solutions? Brilliant. We're one of the few teams in the league rebuilding properly, we didn't go for band-aids are we're being criticized. Not sure he knows what he's talking about enough to do a team by team analysis - and that's not really a diss, it's the truth. It's hard enough to know what you need to know about one team, nevermind trying to do it for 10-15 teams or whatever he's attempting.

I just did myself the disservice of reading that garbage. What a dip$hit. Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Da lil Guy wrote:Never has such a convincing case been made for Israel's right to exist (in hockey tournaments).
nice move.

question: has any israely player ever been given a look by an NHL organization?

I remember one kasakstan goalie getting a bit of a buzz but that's it for obscure NHL countries. France has recently(10 years?) came out with some alright players. Huet and dacosta come to mind but it be neat to see an Izraely player make some Buzz. apperently theres some really enthusiastic hockey fans down there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Proteau wanted us to go for band-aid solutions? Brilliant. We're one of the few teams in the league rebuilding properly, we didn't go for band-aids are we're being criticized. Not sure he knows what he's talking about enough to do a team by team analysis - and that's not really a diss, it's the truth. It's hard enough to know what you need to know about one team, nevermind trying to do it for 10-15 teams or whatever he's attempting.

I take it for what it's worth. we didn't do squat. sure we didn't improve our team but it's not like we regressed. i think the point(i didn't bother reading the whole thing) was who got better this summer. well we certainly didn't but that's not to say that thru our prospects that are already in the system we can't be a better team.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:

I take it for what it's worth. we didn't do squat. sure we didn't improve our team but it's not like we regressed. i think the point(i didn't bother reading the whole thing) was who got better this summer. well we certainly didn't but that's not to say that thru our prospects that are already in the system we can't be a better team.

The problem is that it's short sighted in the extreme. Yost has actually written a pretty smart reply to the Proteau piece on this subject, actually. Proteau evaluates 'winners' and 'losers' by the $ amount each team spent, basically, in the days around July 1 -- as if spending oodles of cash on mediocre players instantly equals improvement. They have monkeys out there who can count beans, too. Guy should have serious thought about it a little more, or just left it alone.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Flo The Action wrote:]question: has any israely player ever been given a look by an NHL organization?

Closest I can find: http://www.israelicehockey.com/leagues/newsletter.cfm?page=25654&clientID=3873&leagueID=0

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
rooneypoo wrote:
The problem is that it's short sighted in the extreme. Yost has actually written a pretty smart reply to the Proteau piece on this subject, actually. Proteau evaluates 'winners' and 'losers' by the $ amount each team spent, basically, in the days around July 1 -- as if spending oodles of cash on mediocre players instantly equals improvement. They have monkeys out there who can count beans, too. Guy should have serious thought about it a little more, or just left it alone.

That's why it's hard to take it seriously when 1 guys does it for every team, you need to know the ins and outs of the organization, who's coming up, who has a shot at the team, what the blueprint is, who they got as UFA (Phillips, Anderson, Konopka). There's more to it than adding up the amount spend, assessing the players and calling a winner or a loser.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
I thought the biggest problem was the title of the article. As far as changing the on-ice product at the NHL level, the Sens did nothing but that was by design.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
dennycrane wrote:I thought the biggest problem was the title of the article. As far as changing the on-ice product at the NHL level, the Sens did nothing but that was by design.

Exactly.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:I thought the biggest problem was the title of the article. As far as changing the on-ice product at the NHL level, the Sens did nothing but that was by design.

I'd say that's wrong because we made the vast majority of our changes at the deadline and now we're just maintaining course.

Auld was a good signing and Filatov an excellent low risk/high reward trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum