GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's why Daugavins should sign a 1 year, 2-way. He can fill in in the bottom 6 and in the top 6, this might be his big chance.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

I think the number of players max that an NHL team can carry is 23... so Colorado is about 3M below that with 23 players.. so what will they do...

We can help out on the $3M part. Give them Kuba for someone making $700K. Umm, Olivier Roy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Da lil Guy wrote:But they'll have to drop a player to fit Landeskog in, so they'll stll be about $2 million shy of the floor.

EDIT: Scratch that, Landeskog likely gets them over. Never post without first consulting the cap calculator.

His ELC will only be that high with performance bonuses, which he won't hit (they are still a terrible team). So here's a question. We all know that the bonus cushion can be used to get you *under* the cap. But can you assume the opposite for the floor? Chances are he's going to see very little of that bonus money, so what if they miss the floor because bonuses didn't kick in? I'd say that the bonus cushion has to work the same way w.r.t. cap floor as cap ceiling -- namely, that you have to assume they won't be paid.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
The bonuses count towards the cap regardless of whether they're obtained - the bonus cushion is a percentage a club is allowed to exceed the cap via bonuses.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
In another trade of once touted prospects, the Canadiens send Matthieu Carle to Anaheim for Mark Mitera.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Frolik signs for 3 years and $7M in Chicago. That's a lot of money if he doesn't return to the 20 goal/45 point range. If he posts numbers like he did last year, that contract will start looking pretty heavy, pretty quick.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

We need to try to trade Kuba to the Islanders. He eats up necessary cap space and provides a good boost to the second PP unit. I'm not sure what we'd ask for in return, but that's a definite possibility.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Strome could make the Isles, De Haan and Niedereitter too. That will make up some of their cap - but they could probably still use a bump.

Maybe they'd give us Casey Cizikas.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Da lil Guy wrote:Strome could make the Isles, De Haan and Niedereitter too. That will make up some of their cap - but they could probably still use a bump.

Maybe they'd give us Casey Cizikas.

Ha. Looking at their capgeek page, that's a name that caught my eye as well. He already has a connection to Eugene. He'd be a great prospect for us.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Plus, way too long since we'd had someone on the team who had been convicted of homicide.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Da lil Guy wrote:Plus, way too long since we'd had someone on the team who had been convicted of homicide.

Wow. I didn't realize that; I just read the story. That's crazy. Sounds like a freak accident.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Brendan Morrison signs with the Flames.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crosby's back at it...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371771

"The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Penguins centre Sidney Crosby has resumed on-ice workouts.

The Penguins and Crosby's agent confirmed that the 23-year-old is back on the ice as part of his regular summer training program, the Tribune-Review reports.

Crosby hasn't skated since participating in on-ice workouts in April while his teammates were in the playoffs, but was shut down when he started experiencing heacaches again.

He missed the second half of the NHL season after he was diagnosed with a concussion in early January."

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Well, that's good - have him in my keeper league.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Florida has signed Orleans native Eric Gudbranson to an entry level deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
don't know if this has been posted anywhere else...
Ok so apperently the Hawks have come out and said they don't plan on resigning Campoli now as he's looking for too much money. him being an RFA does it mean they waive him or he becomes an UFA? I might have tried to trade his rights. I can't imagine him not landing somewhere. he's a versatile little guy and has been looking better with time. Borderline top D-men. I think Colorado or columbus could be unto this pretty soon. maybe detroit?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Blackhawk down... Kane out 6-8 weeks...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/07/15/blackhawks-kane-0/

Left wrist... expected to be ready for training camp...

Too much wrist action? Hey-O!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Blackhawk down... Kane out 6-8 weeks...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/07/15/blackhawks-kane-0/

Left wrist... expected to be ready for training camp...

Too much wrist action? Hey-O!

He's right-handed, though:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 Patrick-kane

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum