GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » What do you think of the new Jets logo?

What do you think of the new Jets logo?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like the new Jets logo?

What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.

17What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:02 am

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.
I can see where you're coming from. I completely agree with making something that doesn't resemble anything else. But I think they missed the mark. I don't see any life to the graphics. it looks like a plane pasted on top of a maple leaf. maybe if it was flying across it or something. As for the air force well I guess they have a history in the city so that's something. IMO something more general or broad in it's meaning would of been better. I'm not particularly a fan of the military and I see this as mixing two things that i'd rather not see mixing. The same way I don't like when Don cherry has that moment for the dead soldiers. I believe we should honor them but do that on the news or on special programs. I don't think you mix sports with politics.

18What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
In a way I agree with NEELY's first comment -- hard to really tell until you see it on a jersey. And I somewhat agree with SD's initial reaction -- i.e. not really a fan. That said, I think I'm a bit leery of round logos if they are too small on the chest -- makes them look like a target. Some of my favorites are round or primarily round (Boston, Detroit), but as much as I liked the Sens' 2-D logo the reason I haven't got a jersey with it is the logo is too small.

Oh, and as much as I may agree that the current 3D logo is better than the previous one, I still much prefer the 2D spartan to the current design. I like my logos like logos and not pictures; don' need shadows to tell me it's meant to be 3D because logos don't need to be 3D. It should be a design, not a picture.

Of course that's all just an opinion.

Edit: Just took another look at Detroit and Boston's logo -- Detroit really isn't circular at all, is it? I think Boston's is may be only circular logo I really like.

19What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.
I can see where you're coming from. I completely agree with making something that doesn't resemble anything else. But I think they missed the mark. I don't see any life to the graphics. it looks like a plane pasted on top of a maple leaf. maybe if it was flying across it or something. As for the air force well I guess they have a history in the city so that's something. IMO something more general or broad in it's meaning would of been better. I'm not particularly a fan of the military and I see this as mixing two things that i'd rather not see mixing. The same way I don't like when Don cherry has that moment for the dead soldiers. I believe we should honor them but do that on the news or on special programs. I don't think you mix sports with politics.

Leafs, Rangers, Canadians, Bruins, Flyers, all have very little "life" in the graphics and they have some of the best uniforms/logo's in all of pro sports. Simple is sometimes better. You look at The Wild who have so much going on in their logo you are not too sure wtf it is. You look at the "SENS" and the "BOLTS" who wanted to keep things simple and messed up doing that. You also have designs like The Panthers where you would think it works as a hockey logo but it's still so in your face it's tough to look at.

Here, I think they got it right, they wanted something new, they wanted something simple, the wanted something Canadian. They got it right.

20What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.
I can see where you're coming from. I completely agree with making something that doesn't resemble anything else. But I think they missed the mark. I don't see any life to the graphics. it looks like a plane pasted on top of a maple leaf. maybe if it was flying across it or something. As for the air force well I guess they have a history in the city so that's something. IMO something more general or broad in it's meaning would of been better. I'm not particularly a fan of the military and I see this as mixing two things that i'd rather not see mixing. The same way I don't like when Don cherry has that moment for the dead soldiers. I believe we should honor them but do that on the news or on special programs. I don't think you mix sports with politics.

Leafs, Rangers, Canadians, Bruins, Flyers, all have very little "life" in the graphics and they have some of the best uniforms/logo's in all of pro sports. Simple is sometimes better. You look at The Wild who have so much going on in their logo you are not too sure wtf it is. You look at the "SENS" and the "BOLTS" who wanted to keep things simple and messed up doing that. You also have designs like The Panthers where you would think it works as a hockey logo but it's still so in your face it's tough to look at.

Here, I think they got it right, they wanted something new, they wanted something simple, the wanted something Canadian. They got it right.
yeah I guess you're right about lots of logos without life. I get it that it's canadian and all. maybe it's cuz the past logo had more life to it. it's hard to say, it just doesn't sit well to my eyes. but maybe you're right, maybe once it's on a jersey it will be better. I wonder how many players will get pucks shot to the chest cuz it's a giant bulls eye.
yeah I guess you're right about lots of team having logo

21What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NEELY wrote:Meh, I don't mind it as is but I want to see it with the jersey.
Yeah, gotta see it with the full package... some more logos here:

What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Nhl_e_jets11_576

Obvious RCAF inspiration...

22What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:47 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
I just think simple is better a lot of the time. I think pro teams should stay away from the CHL type logo's or the cartoons. Just my personal opinion but again, I think they got it right. Same colours, same name, people understand it, and depending on the jersey I think people will take to it.

23What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:47 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
I don't mind it at all ... it's different. It's nice!

24What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like the wings with hockey sticks. now that's nice.

25What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, I don't mind it as is but I want to see it with the jersey.
Yeah, gotta see it with the full package... some more logos here:

What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Nhl_e_jets11_576

Obvious RCAF inspiration...

Hmm, you know what? I wonder how it would look if the one with the two crossed sticks was the main logo, and the round one was a shoulder patch?

Is Dash around?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

26What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:53 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, I don't mind it as is but I want to see it with the jersey.
Yeah, gotta see it with the full package... some more logos here:

What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Nhl_e_jets11_576

Obvious RCAF inspiration...

Hmm, you know what? I wonder how it would look if the one with the two crossed sticks was the main logo, and the round one was a shoulder patch?

Is Dash around?
it probably look alot better.

27What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In more colours...

What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 12971810

28What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Jetsfan23_jpg_1301050cl-3

side by side with the old one - the old one smokes the new one.... it's not evan close

29What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Number Twenty Nine wrote:What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Jetsfan23_jpg_1301050cl-3

side by side with the old one - the old one smokes the new one.... it's not evan close
I agree. they'll have a few years to correct it.

I think it could be a wicked logo for the aviation museum on airport drive in ottawa Sarcasm

30What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if they're leaking these logos early to gauge reaction to which logo should be on the jersey. They did the same with the name, leaking other names to see how fans reacted and everyone still wanted Jets so they kept it.

Personally, I think the logo with the sticks and wings would look way better on the front of a jersey and they can use the jet one as a shoulder patch.

31What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like the wings one on the shoulders, as it is like the Air Force wings.

The old Jets logo is really not good enough to be a modern logo, but people love it because it's all they've known for so long.

32What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
maybe the owners should just tell them they have a team. tell them to wait till the tam can't win and have a good reason to complain about. Sarcasm

33What do you think of the new Jets logo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think of the new Jets logo? on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:10 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Overall good. The main logo doesn't thrill me but I like the two sleeve logos.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum