GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » NHL CBA Talk

NHL CBA Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

136NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Time to start sucking up to the fans.

They should offer free parking, BOGO beer and actual traffic control/flow after games. They are not going to drop ticket prices, not in Ottawa.

137NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Via John Shannon:

"NHL Board meeting to ratify CBA will be in NYC on Tuesday at the earliest, Wednesday at the latest. "

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/288048993756405761

Not sure when the players will vote.

138NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:49 pm

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So... prepare for the next lockout in 2020 when the cap and floor rise like crazy...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/analysis-breaking-down-the-nhls-new-cba/article6976187/

By then, the cap and floor could be $82.3M/$66.3M.

139NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kypreos:

"Confirmed #NHL Board of Gov meeting will be this Wed in NYC to ratify new #CBA deal. Oh.. to be a fly on that wall! "

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/288118508754182144

140NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:So... prepare for the next lockout in 2020 when the cap and floor rise like crazy...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/analysis-breaking-down-the-nhls-new-cba/article6976187/

By then, the cap and floor could be $82.3M/$66.3M.

They should have put a ceiling on the floor. Heck, they should have put a ceiling on the ceiling as well. Any extra money goes to escrow to be used in the lean years. If there are no lean years when the CBA expires, throw one heck of a party for the fans.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

141NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Training camp to start either Saturday or Monday, Season of 48 games begin Jan 19.

Epic Hockey NIght in Canada incoming

142NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I'm still angry, don't even care they have a CBA or that they'll be playing soon.

Me and the wife have no intention of watching right now and we've been fans forever.

143NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I get the frustration over the lockout. It was ridiculous. But it's in the past, and I plan on fully enjoying the Sens, and buying some tickets.

144NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
James Mirtle: "Wow - hearing ratification process and legal work on CBA may take a while. Could even be five or six more days. "

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/288307695650496512

Interesting... mad dash to Jan. 19th.

145NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gary Lawless: "Sked won't be released until after CBA is ratified according to NHL. Likely late wednesday or Thursday at the earliest #NHLJets #bn #NHL"

https://twitter.com/garylawless/status/288320987727020033

146NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Gary Lawless: "Sked won't be released until after CBA is ratified according to NHL. Likely late wednesday or Thursday at the earliest #NHLJets #bn #NHL"

https://twitter.com/garylawless/status/288320987727020033

Or until it's leaked to an NHL "Insider."

147NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Full ratification probably won't be done until the end of the week. Sat/Sun at the latest is what is being floated around. Players have to ratify as well.

148NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Full ratification probably won't be done until the end of the week. Sat/Sun at the latest is what is being floated around. Players have to ratify as well.

All they need to ratify is an MOU, and that's what they are working on right now. Once they have that they will be able to officially cancel the lockout and start camps.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

149NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some additional CBA details from LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/21219/trades-cheat-deals-and-more-cba-details

Teams can now "absorb" salary in a trade...

"Here are the main parameters of the rule: A club cannot absorb more than 50 percent of the players’ annual cap hit/salary in any trade. Any NHL club can only have up to three contracts on their payroll in which the contract was traded away under the retaining salary proviso. Also, only up to 15 percent of your upper limit cap amount can be used up by the money you have retained in trades. "

150NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Some additional CBA details from LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/21219/trades-cheat-deals-and-more-cba-details

Teams can now "absorb" salary in a trade...

"Here are the main parameters of the rule: A club cannot absorb more than 50 percent of the players’ annual cap hit/salary in any trade. Any NHL club can only have up to three contracts on their payroll in which the contract was traded away under the retaining salary proviso. Also, only up to 15 percent of your upper limit cap amount can be used up by the money you have retained in trades. "

This is a good feature to have in trade negotiations, but that is certainly going to complicate matters! I can only imagine some of the whackjob trade rumours that'll get floated around now.

151NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I like it. Will make more trades possible with "ugly" contracts. More math for the capologists...

152NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
With Burke axed by the Buds and Bettman likely taking over the NBA with Stern retires do we have a new Commish-in-waiting?

153NHL CBA Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Thingamajigger has been ratified by NHL Board of Governors...now back to the Burke talk!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum