- having to call every 2-3 months to have them fix my bill
- the NextBox 2 is not fit for purpose with the new firmware; nearly completely unusable
- my "rent-free for life" deal is gone since their s/w won't let them enter it; I would literally have to call every 12 months to remind them to give me another 12-months rent-free (meanwhile free PVRs to all new subs at both Rogers and Bell)
- ridiculous escalating fees (went from $133/month to $222 in four years, I think -- that's nearly 14% CAGR)
- same service with Bell would be $185/month (and less than that in first 6/12 months)
Plus the Bell PVR is much nicer. I don't think I would ever be so pathetic as to actually require 8 tuners, so Bell's ability to record 4 HD streams is enough (mind you, I've been *told* it'll do 4xHD; have to actually see it in action). The UI on the Bell box, though, is much nicer. With all the changes that Rogers did changing away from Sara, they still aren't what I remember from my BEV box, 10 years ago. And, of course, the glitches and bugs, still a-plenty.
So, now I have to visit a Bell store -- or can I still get everything I need over the phone?
OK, who has gone through this recently? What do I have to watch out for? How is Bell's modem and wireless router -- with Rogers' DOCSIS modem I was told to disable the wireless router and use my existing one instead (I plug my router into one of the ethernet ports on the modem). With the "wireless TV" I assume the STB still has to be co-located with the TV and plugged in directly, right? Any quirks about the whole-home PVR function?