GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Other Sports Talk » MLB - Baseball Talk » 2014 FIFA World Cup

2014 FIFA World Cup

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

1812014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Only North Americans can find a reason to rip the most popular sport on the planet because of their issues with it, lol.  99% of the people on this planet believe the sport is fine the way it is and those same 99% could really care less about North American's opinions on it.

I felt the same way when I was living in Moscow.  I played soccer (mostly goalie, since I couldn't run for an hour) but hockey was and still is more fun to watch.

I also lived in Italy for a year and a half, and didn't see *any* hockey.  And it was *still* better.

I'm not as North American as you think.

I was talking more about the talk shows that say "yah if we cared or the game was better we would be the best" mostly US, some Canada.  The complaints in this thread are very similar in terms of the North American views on the game.

well the US isn't wrong when they say that. If soccer was the #1 sport, they'd be up there. Not the best, but they'd be up there.

THere's so many sports in the US and basketball/football/baseball is KING

1822014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:it's popular because it's cheap and easy to play. Kind of like basketball in the ghettos.

also, not a lot of rules, not very confusing.

My kid took a refereeing course last summer. I'm not sure I agree with you, there.

1832014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Only North Americans can find a reason to rip the most popular sport on the planet because of their issues with it, lol.  99% of the people on this planet believe the sport is fine the way it is and those same 99% could really care less about North American's opinions on it.

I felt the same way when I was living in Moscow.  I played soccer (mostly goalie, since I couldn't run for an hour) but hockey was and still is more fun to watch.

I also lived in Italy for a year and a half, and didn't see *any* hockey.  And it was *still* better.

I'm not as North American as you think.

I was talking more about the talk shows that say "yah if we cared or the game was better we would be the best" mostly US, some Canada.  The complaints in this thread are very similar in terms of the North American views on the game.

well the US isn't wrong when they say that. If soccer was the #1 sport, they'd be up there. Not the best, but they'd be up there.

THere's so many sports in the US and basketball/football/baseball is KING

Maybe, maybe not. I question the reasoning "we aren't the best because we don't care but if we did we would be".

1842014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:it's popular because it's cheap and easy to play. Kind of like basketball in the ghettos.

also, not a lot of rules, not very confusing.

My kid took a refereeing course last summer.  I'm not sure I agree with you, there.

Such as what?

The rules are fairly simple. Only confusing thing at first is offsides.

1852014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Intentional vs accidental biting...

Wink

1862014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Last two games...

Third place game: NED vs BRA on Saturday - 4:00pm ET

For all the marbles: ARG vs GER on Sunday - 3:00pm ET

1872014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Go Orange crush!!!

- Unknown Author

1882014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Penalty kicks are so Cussing stupid. I love the idea of soccer, but with all the ridiculous diving and absurd penalty kicks to decide games, it's really Cussing stupid. No idea how people put up with this.

Here's the thing with soccer though... if you don't have those penalty kicks the game may never end.

Just make it continuous sudden-death OT with more substitutions allowed.  Nobody complains about NHL playoff games that go into triple-OT.  With soccer, guys would get exhausted and a defensive breakdown would lead to a goal sooner rather than later.  

It's a little different, if teams get tired they will fall back, not attack.  Soccer is about the only game that hasn't changed in the last 100 years, won't start now.

Did players fake injuries every time another player came near them 100 years ago?

1892014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flippy flop flop....

1902014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
2-0 Netherlands. Brazil's woes continue. May be they should just bite someone.

1912014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
3-0 Orange crush for third place!!!

- Unknown Author

1922014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
#BrazilFail

2014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Facepalm-world-cup-brasil-2014

1932014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
GER vs ARG @ 3:00pm ET today.

GO GERMANY GO!!!

1942014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Kramer got his bell rung.

1952014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Romero channeling his inner Lehner.

1962014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:Kramer got his bell rung.
Flying knee kick to the chin. Heh heh.

1972014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Off the bench to score in extra time... crazy... 1-0 Germany 1 minute remaining in added time....

1982014 FIFA World Cup - Page 13 Empty Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Favourites win. Bookies happy. Football darling gets MVP. What a joke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum