GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:Anyone know what's happening with the PTO? I thought I read that Murray was signing a PTO defenseman?

Nothing other than saying its for ahl depth and nothing more.

spader


All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone know what's happening with the PTO? I thought I read that Murray was signing a PTO defenseman?

Nothing other than saying its for ahl depth and nothing more.

I assumed that, I'm just wondering if anyone heard who might be getting the PTO.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:But seriously:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 7h7 hours ago

MacArthur-Turris-Stone; Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan Michalek-Pageau-Lazar and Chiasson-Smith-Neil. #Sens

And Greg Anderson is supposed to play the whole game.

more to come
thats very near to the team i imagine they wanna ice up front. that fourth line though...

Actually the game will feature many of the ahlers. The above was just the practice lines

for the NHL group.


ThAnks for the uPdate. And good luck to the Ottawa Sens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Andy looking sharp...

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Cowen not looking very good... again. Prince looking great.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Smith looks like he's just expecting his spot... he shouldn't be.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Smith does not deserve a spot on that team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Keep shaking the rust off. How did Paul look?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:Keep shaking the rust off.  How did Paul look?

We had a power outage here in northern SK. I missed the last half of the game. In the first half, I definitely noticed him, but wasn't wowed. That's to be expected, of course. He looked good. I don't expect him to challenge for a spot this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Smith does not deserve a spot on that team.
Yeah he looks like he's not bothered. After last season you would think he would show up. You have to think the club would try to move him if there is any interest. Anything in return at this point. He's really a shadow of the player he used to be.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Smith should expect his spot regardless of your opinion on him. He's a player with an NHL contract and experience. Of course the spot is hit and what he does in preseason is meaningless. He can lose his spot if he has a bad start to the year.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ev wrote:Smith should expect his spot regardless of your opinion on him. He's a player with an NHL contract and experience. Of course the spot is hit and what he does in preseason is meaningless. He can lose his spot if he has a bad start to the year.

He's had 2 bad years in a row so w/e. Sometimes you just take the other side of the argument for the sake of taking it.

Smith has earned nothing the last 2 years and he doesn't deserve the spot this year. There are better players.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Smith should expect his spot regardless of your opinion on him. He's a player with an NHL contract and experience. Of course the spot is hit and what he does in preseason is meaningless. He can lose his spot if he has a bad start to the year.

He's had 2 bad years in a row so w/e.  Sometimes you just take the other side of the argument for the sake of taking it.  

Smith has earned nothing the last 2 years and he doesn't deserve the spot this year.  There are better players.

No I agree with you, I'm just saying he doesn't have to worry in preseason. Every player can have a bad preseason. Reg season games will tell the story.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Well fair enough, I was just stating he has no right to that spot and IMO he will be this years Greening. Whether he gets moved to Bingo is another thing though but you can pretty much bet on Murray trying to move Smith if at all possible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
What's with all the knee-on-knee hits? Three in one game, two of them on Smith and they finally call the third one. They had the lead already, why do that? It's not like the Sens were playing dirty.

I thought Cowen was having a decent game until he went in deep to deliver a hit, resulting an an odd-man rush the other way. He really should subscribe to the KISS rule.

What's with all the long hair on the team now -- used to be just Karlsson, not Methot and Cowen. Trying to be like Karl? The hair isn't gonna help.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Whoever said Andy looked sharp probably said it really early. I haven't seen how Hammond has played but between Andy and O'Connor, it hasn't been close. And, yeah, I know it's just the pre-season, but when Andy has his usual mid-season injury we should still be OK.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Goalies shouldn't look sharp in preseason lol that's the point of preseason

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Goalies shouldn't look sharp in preseason lol that's the point of preseason

Well you go right ahead and tell O'Connor he's doing it all wrong.

Geez, sometimes you can be such an Evan.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum