GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:It will get better.  Next year we should Colin White on the 4th line and we'll see if he can push Pageau for #3.  Nick Paul will have another year under his belt (remember that he grew an unhealthy amount in a short period of time and it takes time to catch up to this growth spurt); he'll also have the experience from playing right now.

But if we could swing a Zibanejad (+) for Duchene I think that makes us contenders.
Agreed, upgrading top 2 centres (Turris through health, Zib through trade) makes us a true contender for the division next year.  Still a couple of years away from a Cup contender IMO.

"A couple of years away" and then you are probably missing a top goaltender.  Andy will be, what, 37?  Who knows where O'Connor will be by then, but likely not a #1 for a contender.  I think if we can upgrade at C we have to go for it next year.
I'm not worried about goaltending.  It's relatively easy to pick one up when you compare it to top end skaters.   Besides, Crawford, Niemi, Giguere, Thomas, Osgood all have Cups while Price, Lundquist don't.   Right now a team could get Jimmy Howard for and a pick for future considerations if they wanted to.  

fyp

I think Detroit would be more than happy to let him go for nothing. Open up cap space and let Mrazek take over officially.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Though SpezD already posted this, I thought I'd move it to the correct location.

$1.5Mx 1 year for Neil. Good final deal. Money is fine, and if he ends up on the bench for portions of the year, that's ok too. I like the deal.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:Though SpezD already posted this, I thought I'd move it to the correct location.

$1.5Mx 1 year for Neil. Good final deal. Money is fine, and if he ends up on the bench for portions of the year, that's ok too. I like the deal.

Nice work.

Solid add for the Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Neil = Win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We made a trade, but I can't be bothered posting...so it's clearly nothing special

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:We made a trade, but I can't be bothered posting...so it's clearly nothing special

Your boy cole schneider is gone. Only name I recognize coming back is Aekeson. Interesting trade, wonder if they're prepping to ship a depth guy (chiasson or prince)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We made a trade, but I can't be bothered posting...so it's clearly nothing special

Your boy cole schneider is gone.  Only name I recognize coming back is Aekeson.  Interesting trade, wonder if they're prepping to ship a depth guy (chiasson or prince)

I just saw that. Seems like. Bunch of guys that were unlikely to make the NHL. I don't see anything I recognize coming back

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, Cole Schneider. ..I was sad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
MacArthur says he wants to play Thursday or weekend at lastest

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Your boy cole schneider is gone.  Only name I recognize coming back is Aekeson.  Interesting trade, wonder if they're prepping to ship a depth guy (chiasson or prince)

I just saw that. Seems like. Bunch of guys that were unlikely to make the NHL. I don't see anything I recognize coming back

Trade included Guptill, so if Chiasson is moved or not qualified then all we have left from the Spezza trade would be Paul and Gagne (Gagne was the NJ pick that Ottawa got for Dallas' pick that was part of the Spezza deal).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Turris shut down. "For a while". High ankle sprain. About time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
About time for sure

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ugh, Ryan just hurt his finger

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ryan is back at practice. Phew

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So none of our existing centers will replace 2014-15 Turris, but right now I'd easily go with Lazar/Paul in the 3C/4C, keeping Smith at wing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, sounds good. Lazar is good at D, Paul is huge and capable of the ocd goal....Smith can still sub in on the draw....let's do it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, sounds good. Lazar is good at D, Paul is huge and capable of the ocd goal....Smith can still sub in on the draw....let's do it.

Wonder which center -- Pageau or Zibanejad -- needs the most help with taking draws.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, sounds good. Lazar is good at D, Paul is huge and capable of the ocd goal....Smith can still sub in on the draw....let's do it.

Wonder which center -- Pageau or Zibanejad -- needs the most help with taking draws.

Do you actually wonder that? Cause its ZBad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum