GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Courtesy of Big Papi from HFB. Here's the Sens training camp roster:

Five goaltenders, 2015-16 team(s):
Craig Anderson (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Driedger (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Scott Greenham (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Andrew Hammond (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Matt O'Connor (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL).

Seventeen (17) defencemen, 2015-16 team(s):
Matt Bartkowski (Vancouver - NHL),
Mark Borowiecki (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Carlisle (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Cody Ceci (Ottawa - NHL),
Thomas Chabot (Saint John - QMJHL),
Fredrik Claesson (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
ndreas Englund (Djurgårdens - Swe. Jr., Djurgårdens - SHL),
Macoy Erkamps (Brandon - WHL),
Ben Harpur* (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Erik Karlsson ** (Ottawa - NHL),
Michael Kostka (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Maxime Lajoie (Swift Current - WHL),
Guillaume Lepine (Binghamton - AHL),
Marc Methot (Ottawa - NHL),
Dion Phaneuf (Toronto - NHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Patrick Sieloff (Stockton - AHL, Calgary - NHL),
Chris Wideman (Ottawa - NHL).

Thirty (30) forwards, 2015-16 team(s):
Casey Bailey (Toronto - AHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Mike Blunden (Syracuse - AHL, Tampa Bay - NHL),
Derick Brassard (N.Y. Rangers - NHL),
Logan Brown (Windsor - OHL),
Filip Chlapik (Charlottetown - QMJHL),
Vincent Dunn* (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Ryan Dzingel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Kyle Flanagan (Adirondack - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Gabriel Gagne (Victoriaville - QMJHL, Shawinigan - QMJHL),
Stephen Harper (Hamilton - OHL, Niagara - OHL),
Mike Hoffman (Ottawa - NHL),
Chris Kelly (Boston - NHL),
Curtis Lazar (Ottawa - NHL),
Clarke MacArthur (Ottawa - NHL),
Max McCormick (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Chad Nehring (Hartford - AHL),
Chris Neil (Ottawa - NHL),
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Ottawa - NHL),
Nick Paul (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Francis Perron (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL),
Matt Puempel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Tom Pyatt (Genève-Servette - Swiss NLA),
Buddy Robinson (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL),
Ryan Rupert (Orlando - ECHL, Toronto - AHL, Binghamton - AHL),
Bobby Ryan (Ottawa - NHL),
Zack Smith (Ottawa - NHL),
Mark Stone (Ottawa - NHL),
Zack Stortini (Binghamton - AHL),
Kyle Turris (Ottawa - NHL),
Phil Varone (Rochester - AHL, Binghamton - AHL, Buffalo - NHL, Ottawa - NHL).

* Will miss the opening of training camp due to injury.

** Will not participate in training camp on account of representing Sweden at the World Cup of Hockey.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
They should sign harper before it's too late

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much what we've all been saying. Except he thinks Pyatt-Kelly-Neil will be the 4th line and Paul will be in Bingo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:

Pretty much what we've all been saying.  Except he thinks Pyatt-Kelly-Neil will be the 4th line and Paul will be in Bingo.

Totally. There's no rush for Paul to play 4th line minutes, might as well play him big minutes in the ahl.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Looking at that list of d-men, it's pretty good when you consider Chabot/Englund to be on the cusp.

Apparently the Sens have two preseason games before they split into NHL and AHL squads.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Pretty much what we've all been saying.  Except he thinks Pyatt-Kelly-Neil will be the 4th line and Paul will be in Bingo.

Pretty sure I've been saying that would be the 4th line for weeks now. I'm not sure how anyone would think differently based on local media reports and the coaches comments recently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Because Paul is the last piece left (pretty much) from the Spezza deal, and it's hard to fathom that he is being replaced by a 4th liner from the Swiss league.

But a guy on the 4th line isn't going to make or break the season, and if Paul (or Chabot or Brown or White or Lazar or ...) isn't ready to contribute in a top-9 (or top-two-pairing) role then, sure, let them stay in Bingo (or junior or wherever) and learn how to lead.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It depends how Ottawa wants to structure their 4th line. All grit/vets (Pyatt) or some scoring potential.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Because Paul is the last piece left (pretty much) from the Spezza deal, and it's hard to fathom that he is being replaced by a 4th liner from the Swiss league.

But a guy on the 4th line isn't going to make or break the season, and if Paul (or Chabot or Brown or White or Lazar or ...) isn't ready to contribute in a top-9 (or top-two-pairing) role then, sure, let them stay in Bingo (or junior or wherever) and learn how to lead.

I don't think the coach considers that at all. I'm sure Dorion doesn't look at it like that. If those two are good at their jobs, they ignore extraneous stuff like that and focus on icing the best team.

There's also nothing wrong with Paul dominating in the AHL for a while.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Pretty sure I've been saying that would be the 4th line for weeks now. I'm not sure how anyone would think differently based on local media reports and the coaches comments recently.

I didn't catch those comments. Link?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Here you go:

https://www.gmhockey.com/t6392p510-ottawa-senators-present-and-past-tidbits-quick-hits#425953

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Here you go:

https://www.gmhockey.com/t6392p510-ottawa-senators-present-and-past-tidbits-quick-hits#425953

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 852933671

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I could see pue peu sticking its Ottawa just So they can see if he can make The club in steak Of risking looking him for no thing. Solitaire games with pyatt

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dies Antoine know how to get around The 10 Free articles and then you have to subscribe for sun media for tablets? I don't read those articles often enough and I don't live in Ottawa so it makes it a bit pointless for me to pay to read booboo and company.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I could see pue peu sticking its Ottawa just So they can see if he can make The club in steak Of risking looking him for no thing. Solitaire games with pyatt

what the Diddle

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Dies Antoine know how to get around The 10 Free articles and then you have to subscribe for sun media for tablets? I don't read those articles often enough and I don't live in Ottawa so it makes it a bit pointless for me to pay to read booboo and company.

No idea. You should never need to read 10 Sun articles.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Dies Antoine know how to get around The 10 Free articles and then you have to subscribe for sun media for tablets? I don't read those articles often enough and I don't live in Ottawa so it makes it a bit pointless for me to pay to read booboo and company.

No idea.  You should never need to read 10 Sun articles.
I'm desperate. I need all the senators news I can get! Facepalm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

No idea.  You should never need to read 10 Sun articles.
I'm desperate. I need all the senators news I can get! Facepalm

I'm not sure when it resets (every month or week?) but I read them a fair bit and rarely run out of reads. If you can copy a few lines from a preview, you can google those lines in quotes and usually get the same article off the Toronto Sun site or another Sun-owned paper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum