GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.

All too well, I was there for game 6 at home when we had a chance to extinguish them...sigh....still hurts.

I'd love another crack at the rangers, really would. That's why i hope we win the division. Would do wonders for the confidence of the team and oh yes...we haven't won a division title since 2006. Back to the glory days

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:The Sens were the better team on a number of occasions in the past, and still lost. Not just the Leafs. Remember the 3-2 series lead against the Rangers where they failed to finish them off at home, losing game 7 at MSG.

All too well, I was there for game 6 at home when we had a chance to extinguish them...sigh....still hurts.

I'd love another crack at the rangers, really would.  That's why i hope we win the division.  Would do wonders for the confidence of the team and oh yes...we haven't won a division title since 2006.  Back to the glory days

It would be nice to get to put down the Rangers but I'm afraid that series might tire out the sens more than maybe facing the leafs, Boston is debatable. I'm hoping we can meet the habs in the second round(if we make it past the first) if we face the habs in the second I'm more confident we can make the eastern finals.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well that was a convincing win. No turris either!
Start believing!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The System dressed as the 12th forward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think he'll play with forwards on back to back nights so expect DiDomenico to make his NHL debut. 28 years old. Turris will miss at least this second game and possibly Saturday as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It's a 33 hour drive from Woodbridge, ON to Glendale. If his parents want to come and watch and they didn't leave yesterday morning, then it's a nearly five hour flight from Toronto. I'm sure getting tickets would not be a problem.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Congrats to Ready Freddie on his first NHL goal. A slapper on a rolling puck that dropped like a Phil Niekro knuckler.

With last night's win, Anderson has tied Lalime for the franchise lead in wins.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Congrats to Ready Freddie on his first NHL goal. A slapper on a rolling puck that dropped like a Phil Niekro knuckler.

With last night's win, Anderson has tied Lalime for the franchise lead in wins.

Their records are nearly identical too.

Anderson 146 - 96- 31
Lalime 146 - 100 - 30

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cleasson looks really solid.  He might need to bulk up a bit so he isn't moved off pucks, but to be called on after being a scratch and come in and play well is huge for both him and our depth

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:Well that was a convincing win. No turris either!
Start believing!

I've been believing for a while. I think they can do some damage in these playoffs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
With the additions of Stalberg and Burrows and with how they seem to be gelling with the team I agree that there's definitely an opportunity for the Sens to make it out of 1 and even 2 rounds of the playoffs.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:With the additions of Stalberg and Burrows and with how they seem to be gelling with the team I agree that there's definitely an opportunity for the Sens to make it out of 1 and even 2 rounds of the playoffs.

Dorion was raked over the coals after the prices he paid (which admittedly were a bit inflated compared to other deals). This must be really validating to have the guys he traded for performing so well and being such major contributors to the Sens winning right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I didn't mind giving up Dahlen for Burrows, but I've always liked that player. That comment he made to another player who had been abused by his father (something like "I'm gonna hurt you like your dad did") was horrible, of course, but keep in mind that this incident happened probably 10 or more years ago. Has he kept it clean since then? Of course not completely, after all that's the kind of player he is; he likes to get under people's skin.

Anyhow, Dahlen may well go on to be a great top-six NHL player but it won't happen for a number of years (3-4, maybe longer). He simply is small and not a great skater. And, as Dorion said, we already have a small, skilled player in Perron who is 1-2 years ahead of Dahlen (has been playing NA style hockey all his life, and has one year pro under his belt). Burrows comes in and helps right now.

That said, I was not entirely ecstatic about the *two* year extension. But since then I heard Dorion mention how Burrows could mentor players like White while he's still here. I think that's exactly the kind of player White can become -- but maybe with a bit more offensive upside.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So, when Ryan is healthy, who comes out? I think the obvious answer is Wingles. I'd like to say Kelly, but he is a left-hand-shooting center who can take face offs, something neither Wingles nor Ryan can do. But rather than shuffle the lines, why not simply put Ryan in Wingles' place on that fourth line. Yeah, he makes $7.25M, but our 4th liners are playing 12+ minutes, and contributing on the scoresheet. Heck, Stalberg had two PP points last night.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:So, when Ryan is healthy, who comes out?  I think the obvious answer is Wingles. I'd like to say Kelly, but he is a left-hand-shooting center who can take face offs, something neither Wingles nor Ryan can do.  But rather than shuffle the lines, why not simply put Ryan in Wingles' place on that fourth line.  Yeah, he makes $7.25M, but our 4th liners are playing 12+ minutes, and contributing on the scoresheet.  Heck, Stalberg had two PP points last night.

I don't think Boucher gives a single $hit who makes what when he sets his lines.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:So, when Ryan is healthy, who comes out?  I think the obvious answer is Wingles. I'd like to say Kelly, but he is a left-hand-shooting center who can take face offs, something neither Wingles nor Ryan can do.  But rather than shuffle the lines, why not simply put Ryan in Wingles' place on that fourth line.  Yeah, he makes $7.25M, but our 4th liners are playing 12+ minutes, and contributing on the scoresheet.  Heck, Stalberg had two PP points last night.

I don't think Boucher gives a single $hit who makes what when he sets his lines.

I believe his exact quote was: "I don't coach contracts, I coach players". What a great line that was.

EDIT: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/guy-boucher-i-don-t-coach-contracts-i-coach-players-1.671470

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

I believe his exact quote was: "I don't coach contracts, I coach players".  What a great line that was.

EDIT: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/guy-boucher-i-don-t-coach-contracts-i-coach-players-1.671470

Good. I've never understood the "he makes $x per year, therefore the coach will play him on x line" argument. Frankly, I think it's pretty dumb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum