GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
what's a risk PP opportunity

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:what's a risk PP opportunity

No idea. Should've been something like "total", but that doesn't look like "risk" at all.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Turris with a goal and an assist in his first game in a mustard jersey. Preds beat the Penguins in a shootout.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Turris with a goal and an assist in his first game in a mustard jersey. Preds beat the Penguins in a shootout.

Well I guess that settles it. Preds won this trade Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Duchene with 8 shots last night though. 8!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Turris with a goal and an assist in his first game in a mustard jersey. Preds beat the Penguins in a shootout.

Yep, and Avs got absolutely fleeced.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Here's hoping you just forgot the Sarcasm emoji.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

To be serious for a second, I think the Avs f'd up that trade. They got a lot of quantity, but nothing of the blue chip variety. This normally happens when you trade a star player (see: Spezza, Heatley)...nice that it happened to someone else though.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
The Avs got Girard. Without Nashville as the 3rd team the Avs were insisting on Chabot.  Sakic got the blue chipper he wanted.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:The Avs got Girard. Without Nashville as the 3rd team the Avs were insisting on Chabot.  Sakic got the blue chipper he wanted.

Yeah, I think the jury's still out on that kid. He put up a ton of points in Junior in the Q. He looks pretty good. He might be a home run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Girard for Duchene is not a good trade.
Sens' first pick from last year (a very late 1st rounder) appears to be on a trajectory to be a 3rd liner, as is the case with the 1st round pick they are getting. Their record outside of the top-10 isn't great:

2010: #17 overall Joey Hichon - 13 NHL games
2011: #11 overall, DDuncan Siemens - 4 games
2012: #41 overall Mitchell Heard -- ever heard of him? me neither
2013: #32 overall Chris Bigras - 41 games
2014: #23 overall Conner Bleackley - 0

Too soon for anything more recent, but I doubt it will be very different. Truth is that this is likely very similar for other clubs. The reason you see more great picks outside of round 1 (and early round 2) is because there simply are more of them (2-7 is 6 picks, if you hit a homerun 1 in 10 you get a late-round gem every couple years).

All that to say that a late 1st is about as valuable as a 2nd or 3rd or 5th. You're probably getting a 3rd liner in 3-5 years. And you already have 3-4 potential 3rd liners from every draft.

So I don't think it's completely off-the-wall to say that the Avs got Girard and a couple lottery tickets for Duchene.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Jagr with 5 points in 8 games

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
They got a lot of lottery tickets for Duchene. Girard is the big piece - and he looks really good. But is that enough for Duchene? A late-ish to mid round 1st is always nice to put in the bank, a 2nd is good, Bowers is nothing special. Kamenev looks good statistically. He looks to be improving every year in the AHL and is coming off a 20 goal, 50 point season in 70 games to go with 12 points in 13 games this year. 6'2", 200 pound winger, 21 years old.

So Girard and a bit of a long shot young player and picks for Duchene - with emphasis on the 1,2,3 round picks being late - especially with Nashville.

It's okay. It's not the coup they wanted in Colorado. They wanted Serg from Montreal or Chabot from Ottawa. Girard looks good, we'll see.

The fact that they had to wait almost 2 years to make that trade is foolish though. Shows that Sakic is too nervous for his own good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Habs claim Niemi off waivers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Habs claim Niemi off waivers.

Lol, wow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Montoya has a concussion and Pice has his yearly day-to-week-to-month injury. If/when Price or Montoya are healthy, can they simply waive Niemi back?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
They can waive him again, yeah. Is that what you mean?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So quick question. Where does one park when going to the CTC when they don’t want to pay the 30$ parking fees and don’t mind walking a bit?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum