GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Especially not for the Sens, now that he doesn't have Turris for to drop-pass to.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:The #1 star of the game was JOB, not White.

We may have something there with JOB.  Fingers crossed.

Lol. He isn't even Ottawa's property.

For sure.  He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared.  Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp.  Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

I assume you're talking about White and not JOB, but the way you quoted previous posts has made this a farkin' mess.

Lol

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:The #1 star of the game was JOB, not White.

We may have something there with JOB.  Fingers crossed.

Lol. He isn't even Ottawa's property.

For sure.  He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared.  Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp.  Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

I assume you're talking about White and not JOB, but the way you quoted previous posts has made this a farkin' mess.

Maybe that was a tweet from a few years back Sarcasm

Seriously, though, I remember people getting excited about JOB. After all, he made Team USA, so he had to be good, right? I remember that year my b-i-l giving us tickets to the USA-Kazakhstan game. Not even joking. That was a thing (they should have had "Borat" as an assistant coach behind the bench going "Niiiiice" every time the US team scored). And I remember thinking -- "That skinny kid with the big nose? That's who we're getting excited about?"

To be fair, Colin White did better. And against better competition than Kazakhstan.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:The #1 star of the game was JOB, not White.

We may have something there with JOB.  Fingers crossed.

Lol. He isn't even Ottawa's property.

For sure.  He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared.  Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp.  Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

I assume you're talking about White and not JOB, but the way you quoted previous posts has made this a farkin' mess.

Maybe that was a tweet from a few years back Sarcasm

Seriously, though, I remember people getting excited about JOB.  After all, he made Team USA, so he had to be good, right?  I remember that year my b-i-l giving us tickets to the USA-Kazakhstan game. Not even joking.  That was a thing (they should have had "Borat" as an assistant coach behind the bench going "Niiiiice" every time  the US team scored).  And I remember thinking -- "That skinny kid with the big nose? That's who we're getting excited about?"

To be fair, Colin White did better.  And against better competition than Kazakhstan.
I don't remember anyone excited about JOB. What's nebulous is why and how he exited the organization. He had a couple of good games in ottawa, even scored and he was done. Was it babyhead coaching back then? Can't remember

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Paulrus. A clear case of a Scot not giving an Irishman his due.



Last edited by wprager on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Kind of insane that stone is on pace for 60G this season. Obviously he won’t reach it but he’d have to have something pretty bad to not reach 30 in the shape he’s in. Might get to 40 I he stays hot. And with Hoffman and brass hot themselves combined with Duch in the mix could we have 3 maybe 4 30 goal scorers this year?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:Kind of insane that stone is on pace for 60G this season. Obviously he won’t reach it but he’d have to have something pretty bad to not reach 30 in the shape he’s in. Might get to 40 I he stays hot. And with Hoffman and brass hot themselves combined with Duch in the mix could we have 3 maybe 4 30 goal scorers this year?

What about Ryan? And yes, we could have 3 30 goal guys this year, in fact, I'd be surprised if any of Hoffman, Stone or Duchene don't

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man.  Stone keeps this up, he's cashing in huge.  The good news on that front is that he'll still be a RFA.

Paul, Rodewald, and Harpur have been sent back to Belleville, Hogberg was sent to the ECHL (Brampton).

Bobby and Boro have been activated from the IR.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Kind of insane that stone is on pace for 60G this season. Obviously he won’t reach it but he’d have to have something pretty bad to not reach 30 in the shape he’s in. Might get to 40 I he stays hot. And with Hoffman and brass hot themselves combined with Duch in the mix could we have 3 maybe 4 30 goal scorers this year?

What about Ryan?  And yes, we could have 3 30 goal guys this year,  in fact, I'd be surprised if any of Hoffman,  Stone or Duchene don't
Yeah I thought of Bobby but the fact he's injury prone and I'm still unsure how productive he will be. I've still got him penciled a 20+ goal guy but 30 isn't out of the realm of possibilities I guess. But he's gonna have to blow up in a big way

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If we had this Mark Stone last June we'd be wearing SC Champions shirts/hats.

I don't know if he's injury prone, but as much as I love Stone I think he's got a low pain threshold.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!

Traitor.... Sarcasm




Don’t you dare wear become a flames semi-fan!!! Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:If we had this Mark Stone last June we'd be wearing SC Champions shirts/hats.  

I don't know if he's injury prone, but as much as I love Stone I think he's got a low pain threshold.


A Micro fractures wrist but still plays threshold?

Hes no “I’m missing a leg but who cares” Erik Karlsson but he’s likely above “glass fingers” Bobby Ryan.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Man.  Stone keeps this up, he's cashing in huge.  The good news on that front is that he'll still be a RFA.

Paul, Rodewald, and Harpur have been sent back to Belleville, Hogberg was sent to the ECHL (Brampton).

Bobby and Boro have been activated from the IR.

Yes, Bobby! Claesson stepped up huge in Sweden and has been playing well for a while now. Boro coming back should help with clearing out the front of the net. Good stuff!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Man.  Stone keeps this up, he's cashing in huge.  The good news on that front is that he'll still be a RFA.

Paul, Rodewald, and Harpur have been sent back to Belleville, Hogberg was sent to the ECHL (Brampton).

Bobby and Boro have been activated from the IR.

Yes, Bobby!  Claesson stepped up huge in Sweden and has been playing well for a while now.  Boro coming back should help with clearing out the front of the net.  Good stuff!

I like our top 6 a lot more with Ryan on it. Still, I’d rather we had Dzingel playing with smith and Pageau on our third line. So that still has us needing a top 6 LW. Mac could have been that guy I guess but he might be done for good. At any rate we shouldn’t include him in possibilities.
Hey maybe he gets back for the playoffs as our last minute secret weapon again. That would be awesome.

But until then I sure hope Dorion is trying to get someone in there. Unsure if White could be that guy this season by the time playoffs come around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Man.  Stone keeps this up, he's cashing in huge.  The good news on that front is that he'll still be a RFA.

Paul, Rodewald, and Harpur have been sent back to Belleville, Hogberg was sent to the ECHL (Brampton).

Bobby and Boro have been activated from the IR.

Yes, Bobby!  Claesson stepped up huge in Sweden and has been playing well for a while now.  Boro coming back should help with clearing out the front of the net.  Good stuff!

I like our top 6 a lot more with Ryan on it. Still, I’d rather we had Dzingel playing with smith and Pageau on our third line. So that still has us needing a top 6 LW. Mac could have been that guy I guess but he might be done for good. At any rate we shouldn’t include him in possibilities.
Hey maybe he gets back for the playoffs as our last minute secret weapon again. That would be awesome.

But until then I sure hope Dorion is trying to get someone in there. Unsure if White could be that guy this season by the time playoffs come around.

He apparently is, if you believe people in the 'know'. He knows as well as we do that going past the deadline with Dzingel/Smith as your 2nd line LW isn't optimum. We need Mac so badly - and if we can't have him, we need a player who can contribute 55 points and 20 goals in the 2nd line LW position. Which sounds like a lot to ask, but we're fairly loaded in the top 6, especially at C, so a solid player like Perron should be able to come here and produce.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!

Traitor.... Sarcasm




Don’t you dare wear become a flames semi-fan!!! Laugh1

Does wearing a brand new Monohan Jersey count as traitorous? 😮


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!

Traitor.... Sarcasm




Don’t you dare wear become a flames semi-fan!!! Laugh1

Does wearing a brand new Monahan Jersey count as traitorous? 😮


Facepalm

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum