GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’m starting to get the feeling, they will need money to get to the cap floor this season. I think that’s where we are headed with this. It’s the only legitimate reason to acquire Boedker and tell Tallon they wanted players for Hoffman.

If Karlsson does go, this is becoming something I never imagined.

Dude, as some of us have been saying for months, get used to the idea of Karlsson going.  Bobby Mac was on Vancouver radio this morning saying that he thinks Karlsson is getting dealt soon.

Ugh, that's terrible news. I still hold out (false) hope. Diddle.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't see how any of us can support this team next year if they let Karlsson walk. I won't be spending money on tickets, that's for sure. Screw you Melnyk, you piece of Dung.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Hoffman had to go, regardless. Marlee Hammond said "If only you knew how unsurprising this is" which implies that Caryk was *not* liked in the wives' room. Julie Turris also chimed in, supporting this. Wouldn't be a stretch to assume that at least some of them (wives) believe Caryk did this (as in not even doubting it); reasonable to believe that at least some players feel the same (certainly Karlsson does).

Ok, Hoffman is gone. But he only left after the allegations became public. We already know that the Sens organization knew about the online harassment/bullying early on and since a GM would likely have regular talks with his Captain it's not a leap to assume that he knew whom the Karlssons were suspecting. If he took it seriously he would have talked to other players for their input, including Hoffman. He should have had this settled a lot sooner. Since he didn't, there's a good chance he either didn't believe Karlsson or said something to the effect "Are you sure?" Good god, he might have even played the "Maybe Meinda is not thinking clearly because of what she went through". And maybe some of that is even true but the fact remains -- they knew and did not do anything until it came out.

And then there's the Randy Lee situation, the Melnyk situation*s*.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoffman had to go, regardless. Marlee Hammond said "If only you knew how unsurprising this is" which implies that Caryk was *not* liked in the wives' room. Julie Turris also chimed in, supporting this. Wouldn't be a stretch to assume that at least some of them (wives) believe Caryk did this (as in not even doubting it); reasonable to believe that at least some players feel the same (certainly Karlsson does).

Ok, Hoffman is gone. But he only left after the allegations became public. We already know that the Sens organization knew about the online harassment/bullying early on and since a GM would likely have regular talks with his Captain it's not a leap to assume that he knew whom the Karlssons were suspecting. If he took it seriously he would have talked to other players for their input, including Hoffman. He should have had this settled a lot sooner. Since he didn't, there's a good chance he either didn't believe Karlsson or said something to the effect "Are you sure?" Good god, he might have even played the "Maybe Meinda is not thinking clearly because of what she went through". And maybe some of that is even true but the fact remains -- they knew and did not do anything until it came out.

And then there's the Randy Lee situation, the Melnyk situation*s*.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
we'll see what happens this week and next. I don't believe anything said in the media at this time. Nobody had the scoop that Hoffman was being traded to SJ for example.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:I don't see how any of us can support this team next year if they let Karlsson walk.  I won't be spending money on tickets, that's for sure.  Screw you Melnyk, you piece of Dung.  

Same as we supported them when they let Chara go, when Heatley happened, when Alfie left

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm starting to hate Dorion. I liked him at first, but Diddle you buddy. If you didn't know this was happening, you should have and you should have traded Hoffman the first time your franchise player came to you telling you there's dissension in the room.

And Diddle you Melnyk too. Eat Dung.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I don't see how any of us can support this team next year if they let Karlsson walk.  I won't be spending money on tickets, that's for sure.  Screw you Melnyk, you piece of Dung.  

Same as we supported them when they let Chara go, when Heatley happened, when Alfie left

Heatley demanded a trade because he's an bunghole, Alfie left because both sides were stupid.  He was old anyway.  Chara was heartbreaking, but they didn't fully understand the cap.

This is a franchise player leaving because the owner is a Cussing bunghole.  Diddle! Ahhhhh!

EDIT: I'll always support the Sens, but I won't spend money on them until Melnyk is gone.

Last edited by PTFlea on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That said, I've switched to Bell's "good" package and might switch to "basic"; I don't think I have the Sports channels (or maybe I have TSN but not SNet). So I could be watching a lot fewer games come October. Maybe just the 2-minute YouTube highlights. Does that mean I'm not supporting the team?

Although if Stone gets the 'C' I might be getting a new jersey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:That said, I've switched to Bell's "good" package and might switch to "basic"; I don't think I have the Sports channels (or maybe I have TSN but not SNet).  So I could be watching a lot fewer games come October.  Maybe just the 2-minute YouTube highlights.  Does that mean I'm not supporting the team?

Stone the C?  I think it's Duchene, but you might be right.

It's fairly cursed anyway. Sad

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:we'll see what happens this week and next. I don't believe anything said in the media at this time. Nobody had the scoop that Hoffman was being traded to SJ for example.

But last night Dreger said that Hoffman's time in Ottawa was over.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:That said, I've switched to Bell's "good" package and might switch to "basic"; I don't think I have the Sports channels (or maybe I have TSN but not SNet).  So I could be watching a lot fewer games come October.  Maybe just the 2-minute YouTube highlights.  Does that mean I'm not supporting the team?

TSN now has a subscription where you can pay $25/month and get TSN 1 thru 5. I am not positive if you also would get the regionally broadcast games (i.e. the Sens games), but it's an interesting option for us cord-cutters.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’m starting to get the feeling, they will need money to get to the cap floor this season. I think that’s where we are headed with this. It’s the only legitimate reason to acquire Boedker and tell Tallon they wanted players for Hoffman.

If Karlsson does go, this is becoming something I never imagined.

Dude, as some of us have been saying for months, get used to the idea of Karlsson going.  Bobby Mac was on Vancouver radio this morning saying that he thinks Karlsson is getting dealt soon.

He’s still a Senator until he’s not. I will admit my take on the situation if I’m wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:

TSN now has a subscription where you can pay $25/month and get TSN 1 thru 5.  I am not positive if you also would get the regionally broadcast games (i.e. the Sens games), but it's an interesting option for us cord-cutters.

Well in getting TSN now. Hmm just checked online listing and apparently "good" includes TSN 1-3-4-5 (don't see 2) and SNet East-Ontario-Pacific-West.

Wife will be happy as HGTV and TLC is also included. Since, Bravo and A&E but not Showcase.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The "good" package was only around $10-12 more than basic, and Crave TV is included do I save on that. It's a shame Showcase is gone, but Space is included (with Rogers you hey Space if you get HBO/TMN.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I'm starting to hate Dorion.  I liked him at first, but Diddle you buddy.  If you didn't know this was happening, you should have and you should have traded Hoffman the first time your franchise player came to you telling you there's dissension in the room.

And Diddle you Melnyk too.  Eat Dung.
When did Dorion know.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Stone has 6 full years in pro (plus the assist on Soezza's goal in the playoffs before he was pro). So it's not like he's a rookie versus a grizzled vet. He'd better get the 'C' over a guy that was driven out of town by the team that drafted him, with further teammates throwing shade at him after he left.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'm starting to hate Dorion.  I liked him at first, but Diddle you buddy.  If you didn't know this was happening, you should have and you should have traded Hoffman the first time your franchise player came to you telling you there's dissension in the room.

And Diddle you Melnyk too.  Eat Dung.
When did Dorion know.

Everyone knew back in November. He may not have known that Caryk was the prime suspect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum