GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I'm starting to hate Dorion.  I liked him at first, but Diddle you buddy.  If you didn't know this was happening, you should have and you should have traded Hoffman the first time your franchise player came to you telling you there's dissension in the room.

And Diddle you Melnyk too.  Eat Dung.
When did Dorion know.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Stone has 6 full years in pro (plus the assist on Soezza's goal in the playoffs before he was pro). So it's not like he's a rookie versus a grizzled vet. He'd better get the 'C' over a guy that was driven out of town by the team that drafted him, with further teammates throwing shade at him after he left.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'm starting to hate Dorion.  I liked him at first, but Diddle you buddy.  If you didn't know this was happening, you should have and you should have traded Hoffman the first time your franchise player came to you telling you there's dissension in the room.

When did Dorion know.

Everyone knew back in November. He may not have known that Caryk was the prime suspect.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
JR on TSN 1200 made a good point - if the team traded Hoffman without anyone else knowing that these allegations were to come out in a few months, nobody would ever trade with him again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If he loses Karlsson and all that this entails he will never be GM again. Claim you didn't know or that you knew the wives were not getting along.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

When did Dorion know.

Everyone knew back in November. He may not have known that Caryk was the prime suspect.
Where are you getting that. Hoffman said he found out March 22nd.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:JR on TSN 1200 made a good point - if the team traded Hoffman without anyone else knowing that these allegations were to come out in a few months, nobody would ever trade with him again.

That's what I had to tell some goon on Twitter...if Dorion knew about the allegations, he was obliged to tell any potential trade partner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Just like Ottawa should never again trade with Doug Wilson IMO.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
If Melnyk truly wants to spend the lowest possible amount of cash they should just move EK, Stone and Duchesne for picks and Clarkson type contracts. Give the 4th Pick to Col and deal with the fallout

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:If Melnyk truly wants to spend the lowest possible amount of cash they should just move EK, Stone and Duchesne for picks and Clarkson type contracts. Give the 4th Pick to Col and deal with the fallout

It should be interesting to see 12 people at each game. As it is, there'll only be 20, so I guess whatever...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Just like Ottawa should never again trade with Doug Wilson IMO.

I wouldn’t put limitations on who we trade with at this point. If anything it’s Dorion that got ourplayed or outmaeuvered. He self imposed restrictions on the club. The stupidity is on our GM for losing the trade. Another reason he should be fired. Even though we all know that Melnyk won’t fire him.

And now we wait for a resolution in the kalrsson situation.

It either has to be that he resigns or that it’s a helluva of a homerun for the Sens. I’m talking Dman, top level prospect and multiple 1st rounders.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:If Melnyk truly wants to spend the lowest possible amount of cash they should just move EK, Stone and Duchesne for picks and Clarkson type contracts. Give the 4th Pick to Col and deal with the fallout

It should be interesting to see 12 people at each game.  As it is, there'll only be 20, so I guess whatever...

They’re already screwed if you ask me in attendance. And know how crazy Melnyk is I wonder if he won’t use that excuse to press the league for possible relocation. He’s so nuts he might believe it.
One thing is for sure, he’ll try to be at the bottom of the salary for the league next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:

I wouldn’t put limitations on who we trade with at this point. If anything it’s Dorion that got ourplayed or outmaeuvered. He self imposed restrictions on the club. The stupidity is on our GM for losing the trade. Another reason he should be fired. Even though we all know that Melnyk won’t fire him.

It either has to be that he resigns or that it’s a helluva of a homerun for the Sens. I’m talking Dman, top level prospect and multiple 1st rounders.

I wonder why he didn't tell Wilson he'd take boedker for a 4th, then continue to shop Hoffman until after July 1st dies down. So strange

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I wonder why he didn't tell Wilson he'd take boedker for a 4th, then continue to shop Hoffman until after July 1st dies down.  So strange

I imagine they want to be able to entertain the possibility of keeping kalrsson and that’s not happening with Hoffman on board.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Even from a bargaining point of view you need to tell other GM’s that you got rid of Hoffman because that’s the only thing preventing you from resigning karlsson but you’re ready to listen to offers but they best blow you out of the water. It’s positioning at the same time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I wonder why he didn't tell Wilson he'd take boedker for a 4th, then continue to shop Hoffman until after July 1st dies down.  So strange

I imagine they want to be able to entertain the possibility of keeping kalrsson and that’s not happening with Hoffman on board.

Yeah, true.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
I’ll put forward 3 scenarios:

1. Most likely, they traded Hoffman today to give themselves 3 days to try and agree to terms with EK. In this scenario it’s likely EK is traded at the draft.

2. Almost as likely, this is the beginning of the salary purge. They will low ball EK and he will be traded along with Ryan. Duchesne and Stone demand big money and are also moved.

3. Unlikely but we can dream. They know EK won’t stay and the team is being sold. New owners want Melnyk to be the villain

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Hey guys. I think I'm ready for a name change....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum