GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Funny that the Wellington Street Diner broke the Wideman signing, and no other media have been able to confirm it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, quite odd.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
i have seen a Bruce Garrioch tweet about wideman

@SunGarrioch
Follow Follow @SunGarrioch
More
With a hat-tip to the @wellingtondiner defenceman Chris Wideman closing in on a one year deal with #Sens. Scheduled to be UFA July 1.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
All due respect to the issues surrounding harassment, I'll be very disappointed if Karlsson is traded and all we got was that sack o crap Boedker for Hoffman. If we keep Karlsson then it was totally worth it.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if part of the reason Dorion didn’t trade Kalrsson is that he’s unwilling to talk extension with other teams? That would seriously hurt his value if he wants to test the UFA market.

I think he's sticking to his 01 July plan. Resigning him de-villifies melnyk quite a bit and makes dorion look great - even if it's not the best move for the organization. Tavares was offered 8 x 11. No reason Karl should get more than 12. In the cap era that's not a bad deal in a few years from now. They also may have told him that they're signing a partner for him on 01 July. Why else bring in Wideman? I don't think the team goes full rebuild but are instead trying to clear out salary if they can (Smith, Ceci, Andy, Gaborik, burrows) - sign LHD for Karl. Team all of a sudden. Looks pretty good

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So, I'm sure you've all read that Anderson has asked for a trade. Good luck to them finding someone willing to take that salary for 2 more years. But if by some miracle they end up moving him, that leaves us Condon and not much else (hmm, perhaps Colorado might be willing to "help us out).

News out of Buffalo is that they aren't planning on giving Lehner s QO. Makes you wonder, eh?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I dunno...Anderson's contract isn't that bad, and he's normally great every other year. Plus, Ottawa was a tire fire this year, so you can't just say Anderson stunk...there's more to it. Look at how he's played in the playoffs for us. I think if I was a team with crap goaltending (Carolina, Philadelphia, etc), I'd take a look at him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't even think they bother exploring an Anderson trade. I wouldn't bother, suck it up and play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
But the talk is that he *asked* for a trade. And see that call hit you'd better believe Eugene would have no problem moving him, if they found a willing team.

And, personally, I still like Lehner's fire. Imagine the 8 games we'd play against Buffalo he would do everything to win.

One year deal so he's not comfy. It's go for it.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Unbelievably amazing re-signing. Wideman for 1 million. Perfection.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn’t mind lehner but I think they would have soured on his personality big time . Remember what Neely said, he trashed alfredssons house while staying there

I still think we’re going to sign De Haan on Sunday. This is how I envision the team right now if no other moves are made besides Anderson being traded. I also think smith will be traded though

Boedker-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

De Haan-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

UFA goalie
Condon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I just realized I forgot about gaborik and burrows lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
As long as we're playing Boedker as a 1st liner (i.e. not expecting to win a lot) I'd switch things around and play the American kids as a 3rd line.

White and Brown can split the faceoff duties (one leftie, one rightie) and Tkachuk clearing the way and picking up the garbage in front.

Yes, that means Dzingel and Pageau as 2nd liners.

Boedker-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Paajaarvi-Chlapik-Pyatt (Smith traded)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If Karlsson is moved they better get a top line left winger for him, and a top pairing d-man past his (past his prime).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Meh, I wouldn't move smith at this point.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:I wouldn’t mind lehner but I think they would have soured on his personality big time . Remember what Neely said, he trashed alfredssons house while staying there

I still think we’re going to sign De Haan on Sunday. This is how I envision the team right now if no other moves are made besides Anderson being traded. I also think smith will be traded though

Boedker-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

De Haan-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

UFA goalie
Condon
I agree they take a run at De Haan but can they get him. If they can that solidifies our D with EK.

Up front I see it something like

Dzingle- Duchene - Ryan
Boedker - Pageau - Stone
Smith - White - Pyatt
Pajaarvi - Chlapik - Burrows

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Where's Tkachuk?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe