GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think he could play in London with Formenton and Bouchard. He would dominate and put up high enough numbers to shut fans up

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We'll see, maybe Ottawa doesn't want to rush him. They could care less if he puts up numbers in the ohl to make fans happy though

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Until we know what up with Karlsson, Duchene and Stone we don't know if this is a rebuild, a reload or burn it to the ground and start afresh. If it's the last one then they will make a team of Boucher and Crawford's old players from the Swiss league, play them for a year or two, trade away the good ones at the deadline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
But my gut tells me Tkachuk will get his 9 games and then, who knows.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Not if he decides to go to college. I don't think they're allowed to have pro contracts

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I'm hearing Karl to Vegas is done but it's from a third party source I wouldn't consider reliable. Passing on a rumor. Glass, Theodor picks coming back

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's a good haul at least.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm hearing Karl to Vegas is done but it's from a third party source I wouldn't consider reliable. Passing on a rumor. Glass, Theodor picks coming back
If that’s it then Ryan is going with him I assume.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
All depending on which picks coming back I guess.

Carlson getting a new contract in Washington definitely creates more urgency to pay fair value for Kalrsson.

Im not likeing this but getting a potential 1st line Center prospect and a top 4D is a good start. Plus better be a first in there to make up for not having one next year.

If this is true also.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn't necessarily assume Ryan is going with Karlsson, especially if Glass and Theodore are part of the return.  I wouldn't mind it if Dorion found a way to get another good defenceman out of the deal.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily assume Ryan is going with Karlsson, especially if Glass and Theodore are part of the return.  I wouldn't mind it if Dorion found a way to get another good defenceman out of the deal.
If the return was only Theodore and Glass with picks, Ryan better be going.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily assume Ryan is going with Karlsson, especially if Glass and Theodore are part of the return.  I wouldn't mind it if Dorion found a way to get another good defenceman out of the deal.
If the return was only Theodore and Glass with picks, Ryan better be going.  
If it’s two first rounder included then idk. I know we all want a  “kings” ransom but we have to be realistic. On paper that’s 4 first round picks with glass being a very early 1st rounder. Now mind you I’m not sure what those picks will be but if they are in fact first rounders then I think we are in the territory of a good deal. Especially that kalrsson now holds pretty much most of the leverage.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Where's Tkachuk?
At BU.

Best place for him right now. Ottawa is a mess. Let the movements and chaos happen with him safely in College then when the dust settles he can play.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Best place for him right now.  Ottawa is a mess.  Let the movements and chaos happen with him safely in College then when the dust settles he can play.

Appart from not having our 1st this year I’m not sure why we would be competitive this year. It’s gonna be a learning curve for this team. I’m not sure we need him playing in Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Let's see how he looks in camp (DC starting tomorrow, and I assume he'll be back for the main camp in September).

I think there's nearly zero chance he returns to BU. He will get a few games at the start so his NCAA eligibility will be shot.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Let's see how he looks in camp (DC starting tomorrow, and I assume he'll be back for the main camp in September).

I think there's nearly zero chance he returns to BU. He will get a few games at the start so his NCAA eligibility will be shot.
he can’t come to rookie or main camp unless he leaves BU. He is only allowed to attend Dev camp.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Glass is a top prospect in the league, him and theadore and a 1st is a nice haul. I'm nervous Vegas would say you got glass, you can't have a 1st. Which would be bad, because theyre not gonna be great next year imo.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Best place for him right now.  Ottawa is a mess.  Let the movements and chaos happen with him safely in College then when the dust settles he can play.

Best place is 9 games in the NHL then London playing with Formenton.

If the Glass deal does happen, the Sens are looking pretty amazing in a few years.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Formenton-Glass-Batherson
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

Sponsored content