GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Let's see how he looks in camp (DC starting tomorrow, and I assume he'll be back for the main camp in September).

I think there's nearly zero chance he returns to BU. He will get a few games at the start so his NCAA eligibility will be shot.
he can’t come to rookie or main camp unless he leaves BU. He is only allowed to attend Dev camp.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Glass is a top prospect in the league, him and theadore and a 1st is a nice haul. I'm nervous Vegas would say you got glass, you can't have a 1st. Which would be bad, because theyre not gonna be great next year imo.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Where's Tkachuk?
At BU.

Best place for him right now.  Ottawa is a mess.  Let the movements and chaos happen with him safely in College then when the dust settles he can play.

Best place is 9 games in the NHL then London playing with Formenton.

If the Glass deal does happen, the Sens are looking pretty amazing in a few years.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Formenton-Glass-Batherson
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Glass is a top prospect in the league, him and theadore and a 1st is a nice haul.  I'm nervous Vegas would say you got glass, you can't have a 1st.  Which would be bad, because theyre not gonna be great next year imo.

From what I heard it was multiple firsts and picks which may turn into a 1st and 2nd depending if Ryan is included or not.

Sens qualified Claesson and Ceci today. If Claesson signs: Karlsson, Ceci, Harpur, Chabot, Wolanin, Boro, Wideman, Claesson battling for 6 spots. They're either moving someone or won't be signing a UFA. I get qualifying someone to secure assets but man, Ottawa's management continues to believe in building around an awful defense. I don't understand what they're doing.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

If the Glass deal does happen, the Sens are looking pretty amazing in a few years.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

not to crack on you but...I remember when everyone was going on with Ottawa's Defense because we had Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Chabot, Harpur, Claesson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ya, quite underwhelming

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:Glass is a top prospect in the league, him and theadore and a 1st is a nice haul.  I'm nervous Vegas would say you got glass, you can't have a 1st.  Which would be bad, because theyre not gonna be great next year imo.

From what I heard it was multiple firsts and picks which may turn into a 1st and 2nd depending if Ryan is included or not.

Sens qualified Claesson and Ceci today. If Claesson signs: Karlsson, Ceci, Harpur, Chabot, Wolanin, Boro, Wideman, Claesson battling for 6 spots. They're either moving someone or won't be signing a UFA. I get qualifying someone to secure assets but man, Ottawa's management continues to believe in building around an awful defense. I don't understand what they're doing.

If Dorion goes forward with anything like that, he's a bigger fool than I thought. If he hasn't learned from this EXACT time last year that our defence is not good enough - and that guys like Claesson, Harpur, Wolanin, Wideman and Boro are good bottom pairing guys who can play in your top 4 for 20 games MAX, then I don't know why he wouldn't have just given Tkachuk to the Avs.

Now, if he goes out and gets a guy who won't look lost on the top pairing, then he's heeded the warning from last year and everything will be a lot better. Heck, go and ask Dallas for Methot, I'm sure they don't even want him anymore.

Warning: leave the defence the way it is and you're fired by this time next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Best place for him right now.  Ottawa is a mess.  Let the movements and chaos happen with him safely in College then when the dust settles he can play.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

You'd have to move Duchene to LW, because Glass is a lot of things, but he is not a 3rd line C. He's projected as a top line C.

Duchene - Glass - Stone
White - Brown - Tkachuk
Dzingel - Pageau - Formenton

Looks good on paper and assuming every single prospect develops properly Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Can Mrazek bounce back? He has on again off again numbers, but he might be worth a 1 year show me deal in Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Can Mrazek bounce back?  He has on again off again numbers, but he might be worth a 1 year show me deal in Ottawa.  

I'd do it. And if he's good you trade Condon.

Still anticipating Andy, Smith to be traded. Lots of off-season shenanigans to come

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:Can Mrazek bounce back?  He has on again off again numbers, but he might be worth a 1 year show me deal in Ottawa.  

Still anticipating Andy, Smith to be traded. Lots of off-season shenanigans to come

I bet you a shiny dime neither gets traded. A shiny one! Ahhhhh!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

I bet you a shiny dime neither gets traded.  A shiny one!  Ahhhhh!

The good ol 15 forward, 8 defenceman system where the organization touts its strength of 'depth' . One 1st, one 3rd and three 4th lines. Two top-four d-men and six 5-6 dmen. We're such a mess. Trade Karlsson for another roster-ready forward and d-man, someone makes the team out of camp, and we're the depthiest depth that ever depthed.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

That’s if all those trades pan out. I remember the days when Paul was a sure fire NHLer in the making headlining our prospect pool.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Even with Wolanin playing well I wouldn’t put anyone bellow Theodore on that list as anything possibly more than a bottom pairing guy just yet. Some like JBD have a nièce ceiling but without a single year playing pro let’s not anoint them as regular guys in the line-up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

That’s if all those trades pan out. I remember the days when Paul was a sure fire NHLer in the making headlining our prospect pool.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Even with Wolanin playing well I wouldn’t put anyone bellow Theodore on that list as anything possibly more than a bottom pairing guy just yet. Some like JBD have a nièce ceiling but without a single year playing pro let’s not anoint them as regular guys in the line-up

He never headlined our prospect pool Flo. He was a decent prospect, but headlining our prospect pool at the time of Chabot, White, Dzingel etc. is a stretch. He was always a boom or bust. He had the potential to be a great 3rd liner and he didn't have the work ethic. Too bad.

Now...we talk of someone like Glass, who's a filthy beast in terms of skill and it's a whole different story.

I'm curious to see if White can make some offense come out of his game in the NHL. Ditto Formenton, etc. But not Glass (IMO) and unlikely Tkachuk. Those are super prospects.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:

The good ol 15 forward, 8 defenceman system where the organization touts its strength of 'depth' . One 1st, one 3rd and three 4th lines. Two top-four d-men and six 5-6 dmen. We're such a mess. Trade Karlsson for another roster-ready forward and d-man, someone makes the team out of camp, and we're the depthiest depth that ever depthed.

There are worse things than keeping Smith around though, we need a 'vet' who plays the right way and can bolster the 3rd/sometimes 4th line. It's a must, so it might as well be someone who wants to be here. Same applies for Pyatt. Those are bottom sixers that are decent to have.

Now...about the defence... :crossarms:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

If Dorion goes forward with anything like that, he's a bigger fool than I thought.  If he hasn't learned from this EXACT time last year that our defence is not good enough - and that guys like Claesson, Harpur, Wolanin, Wideman and Boro are good bottom pairing guys who can play in your top 4 for 20 games MAX, then I don't know why he wouldn't have just given Tkachuk to the Avs.

Now, if he goes out and gets a guy who won't look lost on the top pairing, then he's heeded the warning from last year and everything will be a lot better.  Heck, go and ask Dallas for Methot, I'm sure they don't even want him anymore.

Warning: leave the defence the way it is and you're fired by this time next year.

I’m gonna be honest here, I think claesson has a bounce back. I’m not saying he’s a top pairing guy but I think he can get his game together and be a #4-5th guy down the road.

It’s hard to tell how good the Sens will be next year. I wouldn’t count the Sens on acquiring anyone in FA. They are gonna cheap it out. No one is firing Dorion because he’s hired to be the lackey to Melnyk

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
XXXX-Chlapik-XXXX

Chabot
Theodore
Wolanin
Englund
Jaros
JBD
Tychonik

He never headlined our prospect pool Flo.  He was a decent prospect, but headlining our prospect pool at the time of Chabot, White, Dzingel etc. is a stretch.  He was always a boom or bust.  He had the potential to be a great 3rd liner and he didn't have the work ethic.  Too bad.

Now...we talk of someone like Glass, who's a filthy beast in terms of skill and it's a whole different story.

I'm curious to see if White can make some offense come out of his game in the NHL.  Ditto Formenton, etc.  But not Glass (IMO) and unlikely Tkachuk. Those are super prospects.
I’m talking about the days of before Chabot and white. I suggest you go look at the prospect rankings we made. He was top 3 and a sure shot to make the nhl.
Yeah I was talking about the Formentons of our pools. Even Brown and white aren’t sure shot top 6 guys.
That’s their ceiling but let’s not get overboard.

I do agree that glass has a high ceiling.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

There are worse things than keeping Smith around though, we need a 'vet' who plays the right way and can bolster the 3rd/sometimes 4th line.  It's a must, so it might as well be someone who wants to be here.  Same applies for Pyatt.  Those are bottom sixers that are decent to have.

Now...about the defence... :crossarms:

If the best we can get for smith is a 3rd rounder than we best keep him and see what he could get at the deadline. Maybe he goes on a scoring tear and gets past 20 then we could at least get a 2nd for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum