GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Garrioch says that now with teams allowed to discuss extension this could be a sign-and-trade.  If Karlsson gets 8x12 somewhere, great for him, bad for acquiring team.

Really? So 8x11is ok but 8x12 is too much. C’mon. At this point you’re fishing for reasons to accept disappointment. Cap goes up, it wouldn’t matter too much.

Honestly people here are making way too much about paying karlsson big money. We should be able to have one of 5ose big contracts. Pittsburg does. Washington does. All the big teams pretty much did or do. Don’t give me that crap.

Plus all the cup winning teams have big elite talent guys that make the difference. He’s pretty much the reason we went to the conference final. He was huge. Now imagine if ownership actually surrounded him with more talent and actually spending wasn’t an issue.

This is solely on ownership from the way they’ve ran this team over the years. I don’t care how anyone puts it or tries to smooth it out. We could win with karlsson. We could have kept him but ownership and management were negligent in how they ran this team and it’s players.

I’m surprised people aren’t running Melnyk out of town with pitchforks.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:

How do we do that? I'm all in for doing that.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

How do we do that?  I'm all in for doing that.

Get creative. Wink

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I laughed when people had a demonstration to keep Spezza. But I think there’s got to be a way more than not give the Sens your money to show the discontent. There’s got to be some way to humility Melnyk inondé way or another. Cream pie the guy at his next social Sens meetings

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Garrioch says that now with teams allowed to discuss extension this could be a sign-and-trade.  If Karlsson gets 8x12 somewhere, great for him, bad for acquiring team.

Really? So 8x11is ok but 8x12 is too much. C’mon. At this point you’re fishing for reasons to accept disappointment. Cap goes up, it wouldn’t matter too much.

Honestly people here are making way too much about paying karlsson big money. We should be able to have one of 5ose big contracts. Pittsburg does. Washington does. All the big teams pretty much did or do. Don’t give me that crap.

Plus all the cup winning teams have big elite talent guys that make the difference. He’s pretty much the reason we went to the conference final. He was huge. Now imagine if ownership actually surrounded him with more  talent and actually spending wasn’t an issue.

This is solely on ownership from the way they’ve ran this team over the years. I don’t care how anyone puts it or tries to smooth it out. We could win with karlsson. We could have kept him but ownership and management were negligent in how they ran this team and it’s players.

Exactly this. If anyone is worth a big contract, a contract that won’t even seem big as the cap gets to 100 million, it is Karlsson. Pretending otherwise after jerking off to Karlsson for years is no worse than the fan that says they will leave with Karlsson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

Plus all the cup winning teams have big elite talent guys that make the difference. He’s pretty much the reason we went to the conference final. He was huge. Now imagine if ownership actually surrounded him with more  talent and actually spending wasn’t an issue.

I think 8 x 10 is fair market value for him. His age and injury history are two huge deterrents

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think 8 x 10 is fair market value for him. His age and injury history are two huge deterrents

So less money than Doughty in a higher taxed country is fair? I think not.

Dorion can go Diddle himself. The whole management/ownership can go suck on a turd as far as I’m concerned. They’ve Cussed over the fans right left and Center by Cussing over the players out of competing. Melnyk will walk away from this franchise eventually with a 400% or so return on investment. He doesn’t give two diddles.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

So less money than Doughty in a higher taxed country is fair? I think not.

Dorion can go Diddle himself. The whole management/ownership  can go suck on a turd as far as I’m concerned. They’ve Cussed over the fans right left and Center by Cussing over the players out of competing. Melnyk will walk away from this franchise eventually with a 400% or so return on investment. He doesn’t give two diddles.

Relax dude . It’s a sport

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
You think guy Laliberte or whoever else buys the team cares ? There is only interest because of the construction interest at LeBreton. They don't care at all about winning championships. And he may be taxed more here but doughty is paying way more in day to day costs living in LA. It's not even close

And yes. He is worth less than doughty. Doughty has cups, and two working legs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You think guy Laliberte or whoever else buys the team cares ? There is only interest because of the construction interest at LeBreton. They don't care at all about winning championships. And he may be taxed more here but doughty is paying way more in day to day costs living in LA. It's not even close

And yes. He is worth less than doughty. Doughty has cups, and two working legs.
I've said forever that players don't impact the value of a team. Karlsson is no exception

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Dallas is apparently the front runner

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Seriously, people, how many years have you been a fan of this team? How many players have we cheered on over the years? How many different "favorite" players? How many coaches, GMs, owners, arenas?

Whether they offered $10 or $11 or $12 it doesn't matter. Karlsson could have said yes to $10 just as easily as no to $12. He has more money than he will ever need.

You certainly don't have to like it. You certainly don't have to like Melnyk. Just move on. Even if he doesn't sell, he won't live forever. There will be a new arena, new players, me fans, new owner.

Like it or not, Karlsson is not part of Ottawa's history.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think most of us have already.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Seriously, people, how many years have you been a fan of this team? How many players have we cheered on over the years? How many different "favorite" players? How many coaches, GMs, owners, arenas?

Whether they offered $10 or $11 or $12 it doesn't matter. Karlsson could have said yes to $10 just as easily as no to $12.  He has more money than he will ever need.

You certainly don't have to like it. You certainly don't have to like Melnyk. Just move on. Even if he doesn't sell, he won't live forever. There will be a new arena, new players, me fans, new owner.

Like it or not, Karlsson is not part of Ottawa's history.
what do you mean he's not part of our history

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dallas is apparently the front runner

What do they have to offer?
The only good news is Ryan wouldn’t be part of the deal so I expect they have to pony more up.
Still, I can’t remember they being flush with top prospects after Heiskanen. Nill better sign away his 1st born as part of the deal.

But if he goes to the stars then this has disaster written all over it for Dorion. But it’s not like we’re not used to having the stars pull a fast one on us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dallas is apparently the front runner

What do they have to offer?
The only good news is Ryan wouldn’t be part of the deal so I expect they have to pony more up.
Still, I can’t remember they being flush with top prospects after Heiskanen. Nill better sign away his 1st born as part of the deal.

But if he goes to the stars then this has disaster written all over it for Dorion. But it’s not like we’re not used to having the stars pull a fast one on us.

Esa Lindell and Honka if I was to bet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If we get Heiskanen....wow, look out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They don't have any top end prospects. Devin Shore is being linked to the trade. Curtis MacKenzie led the way for the Texas Stars. Julius Honka is small PMD but didn't put up points this past year. He may have been injured. Their prospect base is pretty weak. Janmark is okay but no better than Pageau in a center position.

Dorion will probably get swindled on a Shore, Klingberg, McKenzie, 2 1st rd pick type of trade out of Dallas. At least his legacy won't be the Dorion trade. This one would definitely take the cake as his worst trade of all time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum