GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dallas is apparently the front runner

What do they have to offer?
The only good news is Ryan wouldn’t be part of the deal so I expect they have to pony more up.
Still, I can’t remember they being flush with top prospects after Heiskanen. Nill better sign away his 1st born as part of the deal.

But if he goes to the stars then this has disaster written all over it for Dorion. But it’s not like we’re not used to having the stars pull a fast one on us.

Esa Lindell and Honka if I was to bet.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If we get Heiskanen....wow, look out.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
They don't have any top end prospects. Devin Shore is being linked to the trade. Curtis MacKenzie led the way for the Texas Stars. Julius Honka is small PMD but didn't put up points this past year. He may have been injured. Their prospect base is pretty weak. Janmark is okay but no better than Pageau in a center position.

Dorion will probably get swindled on a Shore, Klingberg, McKenzie, 2 1st rd pick type of trade out of Dallas. At least his legacy won't be the Dorion trade. This one would definitely take the cake as his worst trade of all time

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Never get Klingberg. That would be a coup.

Lindell and Honka or a pipe dream of Heiskanen, buy I doubt that highly

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They don't have any top end prospects. Devin Shore is being linked to the trade. Curtis MacKenzie led the way for the Texas Stars.  Julius Honka is small PMD but didn't put up points this past year.  He may have been injured. Their prospect base is pretty weak. Janmark is okay but no better than Pageau in a center position.

Dorion will probably get swindled on a Shore, Klingberg, McKenzie, 2 1st rd pick type of trade out of Dallas. At least his legacy won't be the Dorion trade. This one would definitely take the cake as his worst trade of all time

What? Getting klingberg would be the complete opposite of getting swindled.

They have Heiskanen who is a top 10 prospect in the game

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st. Let's do it

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st.  Let's do it
That's garbage.

You could likely get Honka and the 1st at the Trade Deadline and have EK help for the first 60 games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Prepare to be disappointed Ogle

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st.  Let's do it

And Kalrsson isnt? The conversation starts with Heiskanen. If it doesn’t you go elsewhere. It’s gonna take an org’s best prospect in a deal to make it happen. Just like including Glass out of Vegas. It’s freaking Karlsson we’re talking about here. The game’s best Dman.


It’s Heiskanen, a first, and then some...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm always a little wary of prospects/players that have never played in North America, but yeah, any deal of Karlsson to the Stars should have Heiskanen coming back. He's a LD (I think), but I don't care...him and Chabot can battle it out for ice time.

Klingberg would be a nice add as well, but if Dallas is serious about competing, I really don't think they'll want to trade him. His cap hit is amazing for them ($4.25M) as well.

I imagine we'll get Shore or Faksa as part of a deal as well. Neither one of these guys excites me too much.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st.  Let's do it

And Kalrsson isnt? The conversation starts with Heiskanen. If it doesn’t you go elsewhere. It’s gonna take an org’s best prospect in a deal to make it happen. Just like including Glass out of Vegas. It’s freaking Karlsson we’re talking about here. The game’s best Dman.


It’s Heiskanen, a first, and then some...

He's not the best any more after his injury.

The reason they won't be getting back a huge amount is because teams could just say we're not trading with you because we can get him for free in a year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I'm always a little wary of prospects/players that have never played in North America, but yeah, any deal of Karlsson to the Stars should have Heiskanen coming back.  He's a LD (I think), but I don't care...him and Chabot can battle it out for ice time.  

Klingberg would be a nice add as well, but if Dallas is serious about competing, I really don't think they'll want to trade him.  His cap hit is amazing for them ($4.25M) as well.  

I imagine we'll get Shore or Faksa as part of a deal as well.  Neither one of these guys excites me too much.

I think the whole reason they want kalrsson is to have a Dman scoring threat at all times on the ice pretty much. So there’s no way they are trading klingberg. I’m still hoping Vegas is our trading partner because I’m pretty high on Glass. We’d likely have a lower return in terms of picks because they’d take Ryan but if we could get Theodore, Glass and a first then we’re in decent territory. We should get another prospect in that deal but this is Dorion we’re talking about.

You turn around and see what ROR got and Dorion better beat that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st.  Let's do it

And Kalrsson isnt? The conversation starts with Heiskanen. If it doesn’t you go elsewhere. It’s gonna take an org’s best prospect in a deal to make it happen. Just like including Glass out of Vegas. It’s freaking Karlsson we’re talking about here. The game’s best Dman.


It’s Heiskanen, a first, and then some...

He's not the best any more after his injury.

The reason they won't be getting back a huge amount is because teams could just say we're not trading with you because we can get him for free in a year.
He was bouncing back at the end of the season. He’ll be back to his old self.

And Dorion should say; “fine, except I have 4 other teams that want to make that deal so someone is getting him this summer with an extension tacked on”.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dallas was reported to be the front runner last night, Pierre McGuire said on TSN 1200 that he still thought Tampa was the front runner, and Vegas/Rangers don't seem to be going away.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Heiskanen would be too good to be true.

Lindell, Honka, Shore, 1st.  Let's do it

And Kalrsson isnt? The conversation starts with Heiskanen. If it doesn’t you go elsewhere. It’s gonna take an org’s best prospect in a deal to make it happen. Just like including Glass out of Vegas. It’s freaking Karlsson we’re talking about here. The game’s best Dman.


It’s Heiskanen, a first, and then some...

To play devil's advocate, why would he sign in Dallas? And if he won't sign there, who really wants him? Vegas? TB - who can't possibly fit him under the cap, I really don't see how. NYRangers? Sure, but they're one of the teams that probably won't let go of their top prospects for Karlsson because they're trying to do it right this time and they also know they're the most desirable location in the league and could stand to wait and see what happens next July.

For my money, it's got to be TB, but things have to get really creative for that to work. TB has done nothing this off-season. They're good enough to get to the Conference Finals, but not past that, although each year is different. They need that injection and they need to go all in.

Vegas giving up Theodore and Glass + is a mistake. They're nowhere near good enough to do what they did last year, I don't care what anyone says. SJ are pretenders, Dallas are pretenders.

I think we're about to get Cussed in that he won't sign with anyone except maybe 3 teams and those 3 teams are VERY nervous of him post apocalyptic injury and are very nervous of signing him to a 95 million dollar contract and are very nervous to give up top prospects because of the way the NHL works.

The only GM who SHOULD do this is Yzerman, but he doesn't have the cap space and I doubt he has the pieces, although Sergachev (or whatever that D-man's name is is a good start).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nothing's 'certain' in this league, but if TB got Karlsson and gave up Serg + prospects etc, I cannot see any circumstance where they don't hoist the Cup. Not one team can come near them if they make that move. That in itself MUST be super attractive to Yzerman, how could it not?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Dallas was reported to be the front runner last night, Pierre McGuire said on TSN 1200 that he still thought Tampa was the front runner, and Vegas/Rangers don't seem to be going away.  

Honestly Tampa could be a fantastic trading partner if they’re willng to part with the right pieces. Which I doubt. Most likely they would try and trade us Johnson and strallman when we’d want point and sergachev.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Maybe sergachev, Raddysh and a first would also be a good starting point for discussion also. That way you have a high offence RDman coming in to replace kalrsson

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum