GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:What a mess this is continuing to be.

Not really. The front office stuff, yes. But Karlsson, is was and always has been an Ottawa Senator. Pretty straightforward and calming unless you choose to get caught up in bogus rumours.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:

Not really. The front office stuff, yes. But Karlsson, is was and always has been an Ottawa Senator. Pretty straightforward and calming unless you choose to get caught up in bogus rumours.

It’s calming as long as you play the ostrich

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

It’s calming as long as you play the ostrich

Because my opinion is different, I’m an ostrich.

I don’t care if my opinion is right or wrong. You don’t know me, I don’t know you. I don’t pretend to know anything. If I’m wrong about Karlsson and the Sens, so be it. I bet I’m right for many reasons that are obvious to me because of who I know, what I know and how I view the game and business.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't see how Karlsson re-signs here unless there is a change in ownership. And soon.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Bold prediction but I am calling Karlsson and Ryan to Vegas approximately 15 games into the season. Karlsson starts the season on fire at a 2.0 ppg clip, while Vegas, no longer a surprise in the NHL, starts the season poorly, and wants to keep the positive vibes and success from last season alive.

To Vegas: Karlsson, Ryan, Smith
To Ottawa: Miller, Glass, Haula, 2019 1st, 2020 conditional pick (1st Karlsson re-signs, 3rd doesn't resign)

Gaborik starts the year (and ends the year) on LTIR. Full youth movement in effect.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
There's no way they pay that much. Ryan is a salary dump. If Karlsson re-signs you can argue he's worth Glass and 2 1sts, but Ryan negates over of those three pieces, and Smith doesn't really give them anything they don't already have.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:There's no way they pay that much. Ryan is a salary dump. If Karlsson re-signs you can argue he's worth Glass and 2 1sts, but Ryan negates over of those three pieces, and Smith doesn't really give them anything they don't already have.

Karl is a generational talent. Ryan is a dump but on a team that has deep pockets and contract control over a lot of their players. 4 years left including this season and under different circumstances may be able to find his scoring touch again.

Maybe it is too much. Glass, Miller, 1st + conditional 1st is what Karlsson is worth. Even this year's 1st is likely closer to a 2nd so I am not sure you're right regarding this proposed trade. Two time Norris winner in his prime. Those don't grow on trees. 1st rd picks grow on trees - each team gets 1 a year. Glass is unproven. Miller is good but nowhere close to as good as Karl.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Two time Norris winner a couple years ago, significant injury, sub par season.

Just being a bit of a devil's advocate.

Personally think he should have 3 Norris wins, and I predict he's getting back to his old form this season.

Still think that's an overpayment

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
It was far less than it was a few months ago. I'd still be okay keeping Ryan personally. I think he'd be good to have around for the younger players.

I think the Boro and Anderson comments these past few days are referencing Karlsson. I think he's the locker room issue in Ottawa. Just trying to read between the lines.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It was far less than it was a few months ago. I'd still be okay keeping Ryan personally. I think he'd be good to have around for the younger players.

I think the Boro and Anderson comments these past few days are referencing Karlsson. I think he's the locker room issue in Ottawa. Just trying to read between the lines.

Yeah I’m getting the impression than it’s not so one sided either. But just hearing about the different parties involved in drama makes me wonder how high school this whole thing was. The lack of veteran leadership in the locker room is apparent.
No matter how much a youth movement you want here I still think they have to find a way to bring in a couple of solid Veterans to strengthen up the mentality. You don’t want it to be the way Edmonton was for 5-6 years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It was far less than it was a few months ago. I'd still be okay keeping Ryan personally. I think he'd be good to have around for the younger players.

Yeah I’m getting the impression than it’s not so one sided either. But just hearing about the different parties involved in drama makes me wonder how high school this whole thing was. The lack of veteran leadership in the locker room is apparent.
No matter how much a youth movement you want here I still think they have to find a way to bring in a couple of solid Veterans to strengthen up the mentality. You don’t want it to be the way Edmonton was for 5-6 years.

Maybe Duchene and Stone can do it by committee? Anderson too? I am not sure an outside veteran really is the answer. Burrows, Oduya, Thompson, Phaneuf... all vets from the outside that really had no visible impact on the leadership group. Maybe Boro and Ryan can take on more of a leadership role?

I've said it on here before in the past. I know Karlsson to be douche in public. I have seen it first hand and have heard it first hand. I'm not convinced he's the guy we all think he is. Remember, he cheated on his fiancée from Sweden and is now married to a plastic princess. I have no evidence but can't help but feel he is foundational in what is wrong with this team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I was never enamored of Karlsson off the ice. There no documented proof of him cheating but it walks like a duck and looks like a duck. And it was his *wife*. Shortly after their 1 year anniversary trip she stopped posting anything referencing him. I've seen this movie before and since. Wife with many posts about husband, his accomplishments etc., then very suddenly nothing.

I said from the start EK wasn't a great choice for the C; I would have given it to Phillips, even if only for a year.

Monogamy is not a pre-requisite to being a great leader (MLK, JFK come to mind) but it does often point to a lack of maturity.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:I was never enamored of Karlsson off the ice. There no documented proof of him cheating but it walks like a duck and looks like a duck. And it was his *wife*. Shortly after their 1 year anniversary trip she stopped posting anything referencing him.  I've seen this movie before and since. Wife with many posts about husband, his accomplishments etc., then very suddenly nothing.

I said from the start EK wasn't a great choice for the C; I would have given it to Phillips, even if only for a year.

Monogamy is not a pre-requisite to being a great leader (MLK, JFK come to mind) but it does often point to a lack of maturity.

Couldn't agree more. The 'cheating' thing was referencing his maturity and decision-making.

And before Lagoon has an aneurism, we are not questioning Karlsson's worth to this hockey team from a skill perspective. We are not wavering on this. We are questioning Karlsson's ability to lead a team which is a whole different skillset. I don't remember Lagoon, Ev, 22, etc stating their opinions on this one way or another. I am not going to pretend to have insider knowledge on this.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Anyhow, we have not come to bury Karlsson.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So most of the Sens are back on the ice by now? I see pics of pageau on a yaught in Greece. Is he still on vacation? I hope he’s getting his gym time. If he’s counted on to be our 2nd line C I’d expect him to be in the shape of his life.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:So most of the Sens are back on the ice by now? I see pics of pageau on a yaught in Greece. Is he still on vacation? I hope he’s getting his gym time. If he’s counted on to be our 2nd line C I’d expect him to be in the shape of his life.

I think Brown or Chlapik are expected to be 2C with the other playing in Belleville to start the year.

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Boedker-Brown/Chlapik-Stone
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt
Extra: McCormick, Gaborik (LTIR)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So most of the Sens are back on the ice by now? I see pics of pageau on a yaught in Greece. Is he still on vacation? I hope he’s getting his gym time. If he’s counted on to be our 2nd line C I’d expect him to be in the shape of his life.

I think Brown or Chlapik are expected to be 2C with the other playing in Belleville to start the year.

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Well my point was that I’m sure he believes it’s his opportunity to grab and the Sens probably see him as a candidate for the job if the kids aren’t ready. Being on vacation right now while others are training... I dunno.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Well my point was that I’m sure he believes it’s his opportunity to grab and the Sens probably see him as a candidate for the job if the kids aren’t ready. Being on vacation right now while others are training... I dunno.

The biggest free agent from this off-season just got back from Italy and was there since August 8th. He didn’t train once when he was there and didn’t make one health conscious meal choice for the first week and wasn’t planning on doing it for the rest of his vacation.

Most hockey players do nothing up until a few weeks before camp begins. Prospects are different than vets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum